Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Democrat Nominee

Thanks
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,426 Posts

Default Re: 2024 Democrat Nominee

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    I can't recall having heard of him, but maybe I did....

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/demo...y?id=104352110
    Did the Democrat Party change its mind and decide to have a primary? I thought they said Joe is the leader of the party and candidate, and there is no need for a primary.

You seemed pretty adamant in post 46. Is this nobody Dean Phillips the "Golden Boy" you mention?

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    The nominee will be Joe Biden. He won the last election, and he is in the best position to win it again. Unless some sort of golden child came forth with amazing credentials and experience and Democratic Party bonafides, or unless Biden's health completely tanks, Joe Biden will be the nominee. It's fine for people to be interested in other possibilities, and even vote for someone else in their Democratic primaries, but I don't see anything else happening but a Biden/Harris ticket again. We can be cynical about all the reasons (conspiratorial, collusional, or whatever), or we can remember that sitting presidents (especially if they have actually won an election to earn their first term--ie, were not elevated from the vice president's office) don't lose primaries, especially not since 1900 or so. The last one to come close was Jerry Ford (to Reagan), but again, Ford had not won an election for his first term. And sure enough, Ford was weak and lost to Carter in the general election. And he had pardoned a criminal president before him.
    Last edited by dneal; October 27th, 2023 at 01:51 PM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Looks like we are on the right track,

"An article this morning jumped out at me. Catherine Rampell of the Washington Post noted that the U.S. economy “looks remarkably good.” A recent stunning jobs report, showing that the economy continues to add jobs at record rates—more than 13.9 million since President Joe Biden took office—along with yesterday’s stunning report that U.S. economic growth grew at an annual pace of 4.9% in the third quarter of this year, puts the U.S. economy at the forefront of most of the world. And inflation is back in the range that the Federal Reserve prefers—it’s at 2.4%, close to the Fed’s target of 2%."

https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...l=true&r=87nb3
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

Chuck lives in a fantasy world that Heather Cox Richardson's are paid to propagate.

"The U.S. economy 'looks remarkably good'" is well past being a believable lie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Chuck lives in a fantasy world that Heather Cox Richardson's are paid to propagate.

"The U.S. economy 'looks remarkably good'" is well past being a believable lie.
    "If he only had a brain!"
    wizard-of-oz-1939-ray-bolger-as-the-scarecrow.jpg

Thanks

😂😂 oh well!

Thanks

New poll from UC Berkeley / LA Times shows Gavin Newsom has a 49% disapproval rating among Californians.

I wonder if Democrats will become desperate enough to rally behind RFK.

Thanks

David Brooks makes a point worth considering.
    "Biden doesn’t have to become magically popular; he just has to remind the tens of millions of Americans who voted against MAGA multiple times before why they need to vote against MAGA again, just as Democrats did in 2020, 2022 and, to some degree, 2023."
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

David Brooks reveals his inner moron.

"Biden doesn't have to become magically popular..."

Someone who doesn't understand the fundamental principle of an election is not someone worth reading.

People aren't rushing to vote for a clearly demented old man and a 10% price of living increase every year.

Thanks

More from Brooks,
    "I’m not saying this election won’t be close. Democrats don’t like that Biden is so old, and he’s not getting younger. I’m just saying he has a path to victory. As the former Obama adviser David Axelrod has been saying, Biden has to make this a comparison election — him versus Trump. And I’d add that he has to make this a prosaic election. It’s not which of these two men do you dislike least, it’s which set of goods do you want to buy: low prescription drug prices or higher ones, some student debt forgiveness or none, abundant infrastructure jobs or few? If Biden can make this about concrete benefits to everyday Americans, I suspect he’ll be fine."

Thanks

Like I said, inner moron. He's stringing words together (in cogent sentences, unlike our English teacher); but the substance ignores reality. Mere platitudes.

"If Biden can make this about concrete benefits to everyday Americans".

Feel free to list them. You know, the ones that benefit middle class Americans.

Thanks

Again, do you have anything to post that supports what you think beside whining about something someone else thinks?

Some parting thoughts from HCR:
    Biden's words...“Because of you, I can honestly say—and I mean this from the bottom of my heart—I’ve never been more optimistic about America’s future than I am today…. Donald Trump often says…, ‘We are now a failing nation. We’re a nation in decline."

Like him or not, Biden brings experience that only come with age to bear on what's going on in the Middle East. If his past is any indicator, Trump would play to the base. As he did when he was in office, he left the Palestinians out. There has to be a two state solution with no occupation.
    Last edited by Chuck Naill; November 11th, 2023 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks

That's a lot of words to not list all those concrete benefits to everyday Americans.

Shouldn't it be easy? Brooks thinks it is.

Thanks

I am pleased Mr. Biden is advocating a two state solution, and that his communication with China was so productive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I am pleased Mr. Biden is advocating a two state solution, and that his communication with China was so productive.
    You're watching a completely different movie than the rest of us.

Is it typical Presidential decorum to call a visiting dignitary a dictator before his visit has concluded? Is it productive?

I thought the Democrats were pro 25th amendment. We used to hear a lot about it.

Thanks

It’s what should have occurred in ‘48. Biden has the wherewithal to finally say it.

Thanks

Is Joe Biden mentally and physically fit for the office he now holds?

Thanks

Yes. No doubt.

Thanks

Yes. No doubt.
    You are watching a completely different movie then. This is what TDS and commercial media has done to your brain.

How else do you explain the divergence?

Screen Shot 2023-11-21 at 2.53.37 PM.png

What happened to the incessant 25th amendment, finger-on-the-nuclear-trigger chattering?

Thanks

I may be watching a different movie, but not the wrong movie.

Thanks

I may be watching a different movie, but not the wrong movie.
    I know. It's the one they're showing in your echo chamber. It's what you believe is reality, and it's not.

2/3 disagree with your worldview on a binary question. Is he fit or is he not fit.

That Republicans do is no surprise, but what about the non-partisan? Why are those "Independent / Other" numbers also so high?

Everyone sees obvious truths that you ignore or deny.