Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Just Has a Great Idea

Thanks
    Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,777 Posts

Default Re: I Just Has a Great Idea

Thanks. It did happen to me, with THREE bottles of a certain brand ink.

Mr. Kenshin would actually know what all that listed ingredient stuff is.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thom. View Post
    emes441, I did it with the Boots Fountain Pen, the red IG was in there and now the blue is in. For example, the R&K Schreibtinten (apart from Sepia and the IG) can be mixed with each other, that works too. However, this cannot be generalized, some dyes precipitate and nanosuspensions can be destabilized.
    Experimentation with an eyedropper is called for. If one ignores the expense of this proposal, it would be a good idea to see how well inks play together first because some will congeal and gum up your feed. As an extreme example if you have had inks like Private Reserve Bubblegum in your pen and you try this with inks like Bay State Blue you will end up with a pen that is unusable. Of course if it is Waterman's regular ink, you will just end up with unexpected colours.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,176 Times in 698 Posts

I agree that pen cleaning can be relaxing and therapeutic. I am one of those people who clean their pens after every fill, even if I am going to refill with the same ink. And I never, ever let ink dry in my pens. It is called good pen hygiene - kind of like brushing your teeth after every meal.

But, right now, that isn't happening.

A few weeks back I had foot surgery and am using crutches to get around. Cleaning pens is way more difficult that it usually is, since I can't stand at the sink for very long. So, much against my compulsive nature, I am now refilling empty pens - but with the same ink. And in some cases where a pen absolutely has to get cleaned out, I will use the two water glass method. It isn't optimal, but it gets the job done.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DrPenfection For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (October 29th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,777 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrPenfection View Post
    I agree that pen cleaning can be relaxing and therapeutic. I am one of those people who clean their pens after every fill, even if I am going to refill with the same ink. And I never, ever let ink dry in my pens. It is called good pen hygiene - kind of like brushing your teeth after every meal.

But, right now, that isn't happening.

A few weeks back I had foot surgery and am using crutches to get around. Cleaning pens is way more difficult that it usually is, since I can't stand at the sink for very long. So, much against my compulsive nature, I am now refilling empty pens - but with the same ink. And in some cases where a pen absolutely has to get cleaned out, I will use the two water glass method. It isn't optimal, but it gets the job done.
    A similar thing happened to me, so I feel for you. I had to do everything in a chair or balancing on one leg.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD