Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ad limits?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 Times in 3,992 Posts

Default Re: Ad limits?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpio View Post
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, please remember that while the owner of this site/domain pays for the hosting and registration, he has long ago - I mean LONG AGO - stopped any day to day administration or making of changes to the site. One can contact him repeatedly and never receive a response. What we have is what we have, and there is no indication, based on years of this exact behavior, that it will ever change.

Find the coping strategy that works for you. That is all that will ever happen.
    Has anybody spoken to the owner either by email, telephone or IRL?
    What I mean to say - he/she could be dead and unless the monthly/annual subscription has been cancelled - the host and vBulletin will continue to take subscriptions.

Carpio
    Please give us some credit, as many of us have been here for years and years, and have that much time invested in attempted dialogue. Eric is an owner/part-owner of the Philadephia Pen Show, and he can be seen quite regularly with Brian Anderson on the Anderson Pens Video Podcasts. Go to their site and you'll see many many vids with the two of them, often telling bad (Dad) jokes, and discussing pens and inks and whatnot.
    ETA: I like Brian a lot, and the videos are perfectly fine and the humor is a nice touch. All of that is separate from the situation here, and I only bring it up to say... yeah, he's still around.

He's around, he's certainly alive, and he doesn't give a fuck - just like Julie Andrews - about any of this, or any of us.
    Last edited by Jon Szanto; September 12th, 2023 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Just adding a bit of data...
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (September 12th, 2023), catbert (September 12th, 2023), Chrissy (September 12th, 2023), dneal (September 12th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 568 Posts

Hello,

Ladies and gentlemen, please remember that while the owner of this site/domain pays for the hosting and registration, he has long ago - I mean LONG AGO - stopped any day to day administration or making of changes to the site. One can contact him repeatedly and never receive a response. What we have is what we have, and there is no indication, based on years of this exact behavior, that it will ever change.

What I mean to say - he/she could be dead and unless the monthly/annual subscription has been cancelled - the host and vBulletin will continue to take subscriptions.

Carpio
    Yes. Alive and well.

Likely enjoying this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Yes. Alive and well.

Likely enjoying this thread.
    Well, that would be classic misanthropic behavior. About what I would expect.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (September 12th, 2023), Chrissy (September 13th, 2023), Deb (September 13th, 2023)

Thanks

Hello,

Hello,

Carpio
    Please give us some credit, as many of us have been here for years and years, and have that much time invested in attempted dialogue. Eric is an owner/part-owner of the Philadephia Pen Show, and he can be seen quite regularly with Brian Anderson on the Anderson Pens Video Podcasts. Go to their site and you'll see many many vids with the two of them, often telling bad (Dad) jokes, and discussing pens and inks and whatnot.
    ETA: I like Brian a lot, and the videos are perfectly fine and the humor is a nice touch. All of that is separate from the situation here, and I only bring it up to say... yeah, he's still around.

He's around, he's certainly alive, and he doesn't give a fuck - just like Julie Andrews - about any of this, or any of us.
    Jon,
    For what it is worth, I ALWAYS give credit where credit is due, as I did when I wrote my post.
    I wasn't attempting to undermine you or anybody else, and why you should think I was is beyond comprehension.
    It seems I've trodden on the wrong toes this last week or so, but whose toes, I'm not sure, unless of course, my mentioning a military colloquialism pissed off the wrong clique. If it did - I'm not sorry. Bite me!
    Now - I had no idea that the forum owner is alive, nor did I know that you/others have had the opportunity to speak with him. If I had known, I wouldn't have written what seems to have pissed you off.
    If any credit is due, I do believe it should be coming this way, but that's highly unlikely, right?

Carpio
    Last edited by Carpio; September 13th, 2023 at 06:03 PM. Reason: To remove offensive language
    "The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes” – Thomas Beecham

Thanks
    Thanked 10,281 Times in 3,950 Posts

Hello,
    If any credit is due, I do believe it should be coming this way, but that's highly unlikely, right?

Carpio
    It is highly unlikely with such a profane post like that if it remains unedited. When posting stuff like that you must have known there was no moderation at all here right?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Well, you've shown an interest in the subject, and that is commendable.

I'm not angry with you, in any way, shape, or form. In asking you to give us credit (and I'm not the only person who has invested time in the matter), I was merely suggesting that you consider that many people have tried to have a genuine dialogue with the owner, Eric. Every bit beyond that opening sentence was just documentation to give you background on the precise question you asked. I don't have any idea about a 'military' thing or any other post you might have made, I only wanted to answer your question regarding the status of the owner.

So, yeah, I guess that is about it. I just looked: it's been a little over 11 years that I've been a member here. A lot has transpired, so do take that into consideration, if you can. Thanks.

~ Benjamin Franklin

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

catbert (September 13th, 2023), Chrissy (September 13th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 392 Posts

Just checked the new posts. Fifteen out of the 17 posts were pen sales by our "Sunny" friend. Unreal.

Visit Main Street Pens
    A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful pen repair....
    Please contact us by email, and not PM for repair inquiries.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Z For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 13th, 2023), Jon Szanto (September 13th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Z View Post
    Just checked the new posts. Fifteen out of the 17 posts were pen sales by our "Sunny" friend. Unreal.
    For me, it has become 2nd nature to see that kind of thing, look to the right and click on one of the "For Sale" forum indicators, get to that forum and under the Forum Tools dropdown menu, click on "Mark Forum Read" and then click on the What's New button again. Probably takes me 10 seconds... 10 seconds I'll never get back but it cleans things up. Life in an abandoned motel, so to speak.

~ Benjamin Franklin

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 13th, 2023), Stands on Feet (September 13th, 2023)

Thanks

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Hello,

Carpio
    It is highly unlikely with such a profane post like that if it remains unedited. When posting stuff like that you must have known there was no moderation at all here right?
    Oh yeah, I know about no moderation here, Chrissy.
    Don't you remember, you told me no moderation when you sent me a private message asking me to remove my post regarding PTFE tape a couple of months ago when you were being rather unfriendly towards me for no reason whatsoever. The same time, in the same message as you said you'd remove your post as soon as I removed my reply (which as it happens was neither rude or offensive in any shape or fashion) - but then you didn't, did you, so yes, I am well aware there is no moderation other than self moderation.
    Oh,.... and just for the record,... you may like to read my post again, including the quotation,...... what do you read? I'll help you out 'cos I'm good like that - Julie Andrews doesn't give one apparantly, and guess what - she isn't alone.

Jon,
    I took your post as being a dig and offensive. After your explanation, I unreservedly apologise. As I have explained, I was trying to help. I would go so far as to say, remove my barrack room language and my post said in a different time would be acceptable. Enough of that though.
    I can understand how it feels for you and others who have been here for so long, especially with no moderation. On the flip side to that - I don't know how long it has been like that, but - you and other members must also take into account that the owner has been paying for this site so as you and others can post about pens (not just pens but I think you get the drift). I don't know, maybe the owner has asked for help with paying the monthly/annual subscription to vBulletin + host, but if he hasn't, he has done everybody a massive favour as it isn't cheap, and if he is reading all of the posts on the forum, I'm guessing, obviously, but he has every right to be upset/annoyed when he reads the flak he is taking from those who have been here a long time, especially if you look at how long he has taken stick.

Anyway, as said - I apologise for calling you out. I was wrong to have a pop.

Carpio
    "The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes” – Thomas Beecham

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carpio For This Useful Post:

catbert (September 13th, 2023), Jon Szanto (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks

Oh yeah, I know about no moderation here, Chrissy.
    Don't you remember, you told me no moderation when you sent me a private message asking me to remove my post regarding PTFE tape a couple of months ago when you were being rather unfriendly towards me for no reason whatsoever. The same time, in the same message as you said you'd remove your post as soon as I removed my reply (which as it happens was neither rude or offensive in any shape or fashion) - but then you didn't, did you, so yes, I am well aware there is no moderation other than self moderation.
    Oh,.... and just for the record,... you may like to read my post again, including the quotation,...... what do you read? I'll help you out 'cos I'm good like that - Julie Andrews doesn't give one apparantly, and guess what - she isn't alone.
    Carpio
    I read your post and also saw Jon's post. To say that someone "doesn't give a ****" is probably considered to be in common parlance today and might be thought by many to be a modern version of "couldn't give a damn."
    Your post was nothing like that and was unnecessarily profane in multiple places. Similar to one that you posted in response to someone in The Lounge a while ago.
    I don't remember being unfriendly towards you when you were new here but I have my part of our conversation about PTFE tape. It doesn't seem unfriendly to me. If you took it as unfriendly then that was not my intention. I have also visited every PTFE tape thread that shows up in searches and can't find something I posted that should have been removed but wasn't. This is all that remains of our conversation because I have emptied my Inbox since then:

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 08.57.02.png
    Last edited by Chrissy; September 14th, 2023 at 03:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,696 Times in 1,412 Posts

Whenever the topic of moderation comes up, the discussion begins to revolve around itself like a perpetual motion machine. This is just as boring as looking at the same sales ads that spring up like mushrooms every week.

My suggestion at this point would be (and unfortunately this is not new either): Post content instead of regretting the circumstances. It is in the hands of the active members to make this forum the way we want it.
    Last edited by christof; September 14th, 2023 at 10:36 AM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christof For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (September 14th, 2023), catbert (September 14th, 2023), Deb (September 15th, 2023), dneal (September 14th, 2023), penwash (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks

Anyway, as said - I apologise for calling you out. I was wrong to have a pop.
    Don't give it a second thought. I've fired off more than my share of screeds that I wanted to suck back. You've not shown anything like that before, and I just chalked it up to bad vibes in the air or something. No worries on my end, but thank you for your apology, which is kindly accepted.

~ Benjamin Franklin

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Carpio (September 14th, 2023), penwash (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks

Hello,

I read your post and also saw Jon's post. To say that someone "doesn't give a ****" is probably considered to be in common parlance today and might be thought by many to be a modern version of "couldn't give a damn."

Your post was nothing like that and was unnecessarily profane in multiple places. Similar to one that you posted in response to someone in The Lounge a while ago.

I don't remember being unfriendly towards you when you were new here but I have my part of our conversation about PTFE tape. It doesn't seem unfriendly to me. If you took it as unfriendly then that was not my intention. I have also visited every PTFE tape thread that shows up in searches and can't find something I posted that should have been removed but wasn't. This is all that remains of our conversation because I have emptied my Inbox since then:

Really? No! Really? So if a person says they 'don't give a fuck', does the emphasis have to be on the words, 'don't give a,....', or on 'fuck'? or is the truth that it depends on whose fingers it comes from in your eyes. (Sorry Jon, didn't want to bring you in on this)

As for the PTFE conversation,... When the conversation occurred back in June, I joined in to the convo in a 'helpful' mode. Trying to offer advice, and as you are well aware, you chastised me by way of making it clear I should have read further into the thread whereby you mentioned you knew what PTFE tape was - My side of the coin was that I failed to turn the page in my eagerness to offer help, mistake 1, and as you are well aware, I apologised for not reading further as my message to you read at the time. What is funny, actually ironic, the post that you said you were going to delete, you didn’t and you know you didn’t, and to be truthful, it did crank my motor for a while, but I let it fly, but as irony of all irony’s would have it, today I go to the thread and your post is no longer their. Hud ov thunkit!

Anyway – onto your next part – you pull me up for having choice words in the Lounge several weeks back. Totally agree. Isn’t there a warning on the link to the lounge about not being a place for the weak at heart?,… and before you go ninnying off again – I will not repeat the swearing that goes on in their, but I don’t see you flying your draws up the flagpole over that. Oh, I can use the word though. Infact, I love the word, and in New Zealand, amongst friends, it’s a greeting we use, but God forbid, I’d have to be really pissed to use it on an open forum, but the men in their can do as they please, it's there lounge and as said, the warning supercedes anything else. Kind of, don't like the cook, bugger off out his kitchen, as Gordon Ramsey would say,.... and whilst airing the washing, since you’ve jumped in, I have no idea why you are the way you are with me, but since being here, and you knowing I love visiting ink sites, especially 'Mountain of inks' in particular, in the last 3 months or so, you’ve offered me inks on several separate occasions now in open forum, yet when I contact you the same day, you either haven’t got any left, or you say you don’t want to sell it anymore. I put it down to you wanting to look the good Samaritan, when really, you’re not, are you. But hey,… your ink, you do with it as you please, but don't offer if you don't want to sell. (not that you will anymore).

Anyway, it’s off my chest now, so enough – you stay in your corner, and I’ll stay in mine.

If my swearing offended anybody - I do apologise, again, not only to Jon but to all.

Carpio

Thanks

I only ever lost one bottle of ink and that was Waterman's Havana and I even went so far as to get another bottle from the same source but by then you had bought 2 bottles from the source I had recommended to you.
    I also knew you were really "from New Zealand"
    Bye now. I won't ever talk to you again.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

dneal (September 14th, 2023), Sailor Kenshin (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,277 Posts

Infact, I love the word, and in New Zealand, amongst friends, it’s a greeting we use
    I'm surprised so many people fell for the charade, but am slightly impressed it took this long for the obvious and eventual mistake to be made.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Infact, I love the word, and in New Zealand, amongst friends, it’s a greeting we use
    I'm surprised so many people fell for the charade, but am slightly impressed it took this long for the obvious and eventual mistake to be made.
    Might you have missed the supported team for the Rugby World Cup?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    Might you have missed the supported team for the Rugby World Cup?
    Oh no, but that maintained some semblance of plausible deniability. That’s now gone with the latest post.

Get ready for the next wave of spam attacks.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks

Hello,

I only ever lost one bottle of ink and that was Waterman's Havana and I even went so far as to get another bottle from the same source but by then you had bought 2 bottles from the source I had recommended to you.
    I also knew you were really "from New Zealand"
    Bye now. I won't ever talk to you again.
    Firstly, the Brown from watermans has absolutely nothing to do with the inks you offered me. Nothing. Why are you lying, Chrissy? Something to hide - like conscience for example.
    As for you knowing I'm really from New Zealand? Wow! Now that is cool. What led you to believe I'm a kiwi? Because you read I love rugby and support the AB's? News on me though. I'm from England. Born and bred. Never been to New Zealand in my life, but I have friends from there who I speak to on skype (hence the 'greetings' word we use). Does that make me Kiwi? If so - North Island please. The architecture there is something to behold. I also have friends in Oz, (Queensland - Casino to be precise) I'm not an ozzie though. Never been there. Friends in Canada as well (Montreal) I'm not Canadian either but I have been there, and I do admit that I wish I lived there. Banff or Jasper would be lovely, and friends in France - I adore France, but for the fishing not the food. All these friends from around the world who I speak with but doesn't make my nationality anything other than British.
    Your true colours don't seem to be water resistant, eh.
    Anyways, as for you not going to talk to me again - I think I can live with that. Maybe a blessing in disguise.

Carpio
    Last edited by Carpio; September 15th, 2023 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks

“Texans” say air-con, and other tall tales…

Thanks

Hello,

Aye up, Pinky and Perky have shown up to throw their hat into the ring. Come on then arsehats - give it your best shots.

Quote from Pinky,.... ''I'm surprised so many people fell for the charade, but am slightly impressed it took this long for the obvious and eventual mistake to be made"

What charade and mistake would that be, numbnuts?,.... the use of the word you have used in the lounge, knowing that there is no moderation and ladies on the forum that can easily read the threads. Oh, thats right - you're so ignorant to believe you can swear like that and it's OK as there's a warning on the outside of the lounge so you have carte blanche.
    How does your intelligence pass,..'Infact, I love the word, and in New Zealand, amongst friends, it’s a greeting we use',.... off as I'm a Kiwi. Surely you're not that stupid as well to read something that isn't there. Or maybe you are, who knows.
    For starters, I can assure you the the delightful 'pen selling lady' here at this forum, didn't send numerous pens I purchased from her to New Zealand.
    Anyway - Next!

Carpio