Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ad limits?

Thanks

Default Re: Ad limits?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Z View Post
    Just checked the new posts. Fifteen out of the 17 posts were pen sales by our "Sunny" friend. Unreal.
    Yeahhh...,just popped by to say the 'sonny beaches' were back again. Didn't realize my little ol' thread had turned into a bitchslapfest. C'mon, guys - play nice! When we're trying to get something done, it'll go better if we're not shootin' each other!

And Carpio, it appears to me the initial upset came from your mistaking what had been said as a personal affront, and I don't believe that was the intent. And with a wink, I've gotta say, as the Brits are so haughty about their language & it being THE way to go about it....tsk tsk, but your several usages of 'their' and 'there'? They're all backwards.

Or is that a British finger puzzle? 😉
    Peace, out.

Thanks

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    “Texans” say air-con, and other tall tales…
    He's not a Texan, he's from 'Queens' and when he says $3 billion he means $0.50 cents.
    Oh hell, I just wrote a dollar sign and called a part of New York by it's correct name.....I must be American.

Carpio
    "The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes” – Thomas Beecham

Thanks
    Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,277 Posts

From another thread, but the post this was responding to has oddly been deleted.

Hi David. You're not fooling anyone, and you've already made some errors that lead me to the conclusion of more likely than not. No, I won't point them out for you to correct or excuse.

You'll eventually err to the point of it being obvious, just as you always have.

I'm happy to wait, and no one will be surprised.

p.s.: I'm not the only one who suspects this.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Hello,

Thats just a slip of the finger (middle or pinky - you work it out), so to speak, but hey, bite me, but not on the arse. Thanks.
    ,.... and as you say, and as I have already said - I apologised to Jon and everybody else, but somebody had to stick their/there ore in, as she has done many times here and on other fountain pen forum(s) with her vitriol to stir shit, but this time she pissed the wrong person off.
    Did I ask for this shyte. No. Was I going to stand back and take the shyte. Not on your nelly. She can have a slice of her own medicine. Now her posse have turned up she feels she can continue - well, not tonight, Sherlock (as we say in England. They may say it in Kabul, Afghanistan, so I best be careful or next thing you know she'll accuse me of being a member of the fekkin Taliban, eh.

Carpio
    "The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes” – Thomas Beecham

Thanks

I should think a new poster would have no idea what was being referred to, but all these protestations seem awfully informed.

This one is particularly interesting for someone who claims to be very new and just starting out on their fountain pen journey.

...as she has done many times here and on other fountain pen forum(s) with her vitriol to stir shit
    I seem to recall identical assertions from a different poster, who oddly was also from the midlands and now lives in NZ.

It was a good run while it lasted, but the jig is up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (September 15th, 2023)

Thanks

Man of a thousand personae.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stands on Feet For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (September 15th, 2023), dneal (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks

Hello

You are a tool, but not the brightest in the 'Snap-On' box
    Am I not allowed to be a member of more than one website, numpty? Am I not allowed to know and talk to people from other fountain pen websites.
    I've been a member over at redit for quite a while, but only ever posted once, maybe twice. Actually, go do your detective work 'Deputy Dawg'. The post was about using alcohol to clean out pens. When I joined here I asked the exact same question. Run along puppy dog.

Carpio

Thanks

"Puppy" is also previously used, and the unhinged excuse-making responses are typical.

Give it up.

-edit-

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Well done, puppy.
    You hold petty grudges, and so does the puppy.

ALL the other members? What the puppy means is three members (possibly only two).

your greatest critics (and there are many)
    And there are many? What the puppy means here (again) is just three members (possibly only two, and I am being generous).

we need the comic relief
    Who is 'we'? The puppy does not speak for me, nor likely for any of the members they so like to ridicule (from the puppy's position of ignorance as usual). Again, what the puppy means is probably just themselves and perhaps one or two others.
    ps. To the other member who follows the OP like a puppy-dog, an ellipsis only has 3 dots. More dots don't add any extra meaning.
    Sloppy stuff, puppy.
    Sloppy stuff indeed.
    Last edited by dneal; September 14th, 2023 at 03:28 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello,

You think this is funny? I'll show you funny if you keep pushing your luck with me.
    I used to do this sort of shit 7 days a week for 5 years, so if you want to take it to the next level, by all means go for it, but just remember when there is nobody here posting, that I asked you to back off, and grow up. Take that as your first and last warning.

Cyanide Sid
    Last edited by Carpio; September 15th, 2023 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carpio View Post
    Hello,

You think this is funny? I'll show you funny if you keep pushing your fuckin luck with me.
    I used to do this sort of shit 7 days a week for 5 years, so if you want to take it to the next level, by all means go for it, but just remember when there is nobody here posting, that I asked you to back off, and grow up. Take that as your first and last warning.

Cyanide Sid
    Empty_of_Threats

*yawn*

I don't think Leigh would approve of these sorts of posts. Perhaps I'll ask her.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 568 Posts

I’m from a small town in the Midwest. Not the end of the world but you could see the end from the top of the water tower.

Thanks for the tip on eBay. For a while I thought I might have been poised to cash out big on the idea. Still can bring myself to shop here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 786 Posts

From presenting a necessary topic about endlessly repeating ads this thread has devolved into something surreal….

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

catbert (September 15th, 2023), Chrissy (September 15th, 2023), christof (September 15th, 2023), dneal (September 14th, 2023)

Thanks

The thing I find fascinating is that sunny never seems to sell any pens (they're storefront priced, not forum priced, IMHO). Seems it would dawn on them after the endless bumps (not to mention relisting to make them appear "new" ads).

Thanks
    Thanked 10,282 Times in 3,950 Posts

I counted 15 new For Sale posts from that same member and wondered how many of his items sell on here compared with how many sell on his website. I might have a look through and see those marked as Sold.

However, I believe he reads some threads & posts on here because I remember there was one about PayPal Goods & Services compared with PayPal Friends & Family. He used to ask buyers to pay by the latter but since the thread on here he now asks buyers for payment by the former.

Hopefully he might change his methods of listing his For Sale ads slightly and list fewer at any one time if he reads there are only 20 available on the whole page.

I think many other sellers on here might appreciate that.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

dneal (September 15th, 2023)

Thanks

Empty_of_Threats

*yawn*

I don't think Leigh would approve of these sorts of posts. Perhaps I'll ask her.
    Ask whoever you like, but just remember, I warned you, and I asked you to stop.
    Last edited by Carpio; September 15th, 2023 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.q View Post
    From presenting a necessary topic about endlessly repeating ads this thread has devolved into something surreal….
    If nothing else, this thread would never happen on the other place and apparently neither would the classified ads with the broken software. Though there are pleanty of “ads”.
    Last edited by Farmboy; September 15th, 2023 at 08:45 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (September 15th, 2023)

Thanks

Carpio, I'm going to ask you with all due respect, to either get back on topic or simply stop posting in my thread. A litttle more civility in your tongue wouldn't hurt, either. Yes I know you're 'not the only one', but you're who derailed things. If you want to debate in this manner just start your own thread to do so. Please?
    Thank you.

Thanks

,....and I will answer you with all due respect. No!
    The bushpig lied. She made me out to be the liar, and as she has done many times before - she throws the shit - waits for her entourage to turn up and then they try to tag team. Well, fuck to that. I apologised to Jon, yet still the shyte came my way. Go look. No?. He could have stopped. You could of asked him to stop, but did you? No you didn't, and nor did anybody else who has witnessed their games before. The bushpig has a reputation for causing shit fights and pinky and perky joins in with her..... well as I said - what goes around comes around.
    Last edited by Carpio; September 15th, 2023 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks

27. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hear your sentiment, it is kind of hard to hear that with a British accent.

Good thing the Queen is no longer reading here.