Thread: Are Leonardo Nibs Jowo or their Own?

Thanks

Default Are Leonardo Nibs Jowo or their Own?

I have a Momento Zero from a couple years ago. I believe it has a Jowo nib.

I recall reading somewhere that Leonardo was going to start producing their own nibs. Is that true? Does anyone have information about Leonardo nibs?

Also, I acquired a Furore that has had a generic Jowo nib unit installed. If I wanted a genuine Leonardo branded nib, can I get one from anyplace other than Leonardo? Their steel nibs are spendy enough, but then there are shipping charges added.

Thanks

Default Re: Are Leonardo Nibs Jowo or their Own?

They're Jowo nibs

Thanks

Early Leonardos had Bock nibs. I've heard different stories about their new nibs - whether they are custom nibs made by Jowo or real in-house nibs made by Leonard.

Thanks

Apologies for hijacking the thread but this is on the same topic. I bought a Momento Zero Sand this year. Sometimes my being OC kicks in so I'm looking at getting an extra nib. Given I got the pen recently, I'm assuming this is a Jowo nib. I asked some sellers if they have this but they're saying they don't have Bock anymore. They only have Jowo which appears a bit more plain looking than what I have. I'm confused. Is this a Bock or a Jowo? Appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Apologies for hijacking the thread but this is on the same topic. I bought a Momento Zero Sand this year. Sometimes my being OC kicks in so I'm looking at getting an extra nib. Given I got the pen recently, I'm assuming this is a Jowo nib. I asked some sellers if they have this but they're saying they don't have Bock anymore. They only have Jowo which appears a bit more plain looking than what I have. I'm confused. Is this a Bock or a Jowo? Appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk
    I believe (not 100%) that the one you show is a La Fenice nib which is compatible with Jowo. Earlier nibs were Bock.
    I would wait for someone else to chime in to confirm.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 11,070 Times in 4,021 Posts

They have been using Jowo for a few years now, and all of the nibs that have the La Fenice design/engraving pattern are Jowo. I don't know of any others, but I do know that the Italian pen brand Santini Italia makes their own nibs. I just purchased one at the California Pen Show in February and it is a very nice nib.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Thank you Dougc and Jon Szanto. Both your replies made my search so much easier. I've been searching Jowo vs Bock Leonardo yesterday and couldn't find the results I want. I didn't know this nib had a name. Now when I searched for La Fenice, all the info I need just pops out. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-P619 using Tapatalk