Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

Thanks

Default AMC's The Walking Dead

Is anyone else here as hooked as I am? Please don't tell me that I'm the only zombie geek in the house.

Thanks

We're watching. My wife is nuts for it. I'm following along with her.

Thanks

I liked it, although there's a lotta bludgeoning, hacking going on

We're a little behind you guys here in the UK, so Season One is as far as I've got. Fairly impressed by Andrew Lincoln, who I last saw playing hopeless dreamer "Egg" in "This Life". As a Zombie movie fan, it's interesting to see these narratives played out over a longer format - I'm looking forward to seeing where the creators take the series.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

If I watched more than an hour of tv a week this would probably be a show I'd watch. Usually, I only keep up on The Big Bang Theory and Parks and Rec.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

I hardly watch TV but I do kill zombies in my spare time. On my iPod. :P
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

haha!! Thanks you guys for responding!! Was anyone else as surprised as I was to find that the zombies in this show can actually run? I think the creators make great use of that. Freaks me out every time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bgray View Post
    We're watching. My wife is nuts for it. I'm following along with her.
    LOL! Brian, please give your wife a hi five for me. I'm definitely nuts for it, myself. Can't go a week without watching it. I'm delighted that the show has returned from it's midseason hiatus. =)

Quote Originally Posted by John the Monkey View Post
    I liked it, although there's a lotta bludgeoning, hacking going on

We're a little behind you guys here in the UK, so Season One is as far as I've got. Fairly impressed by Andrew Lincoln, who I last saw playing hopeless dreamer "Egg" in "This Life". As a Zombie movie fan, it's interesting to see these narratives played out over a longer format - I'm looking forward to seeing where the creators take the series.
    Yeah, there is a lot of bludgeoning, but I also think it's part of what makes the show so good. It actually ends up making the show seem realistic.

Andrew Lincoln really shines in this role, and I look forward to seeing him as Rick Grimes every week. I was also surprised to learn that he is a Brit, which I think speaks to his acting ability. When I first started watching the show, I thought that he must be a native southerner. I couldn't have been more wrong. lol. I have not seen his other work, and, frankly, was not aware of him until now.

Like you, I'm curious as to where the creators plan to take the show as well. I'm practically sitting on the edge of my seat, anxiously awaiting next week's episode. Since you've only seen the first season, I'll do my best to refrain from discussing any plot developments. I think I remember that this was also an issue with the TV Show, LOST. There was quite a dedicated following for that show as well, and folks on the other side of the pond were typically one season behind (I think. Or, was it ahead? Can't remember). It's tough with a show like this one where each week is a critical link in the chain. I can definitely say that I don't think you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    If I watched more than an hour of tv a week this would probably be a show I'd watch. Usually, I only keep up on The Big Bang Theory and Parks and Rec.
    Now, that's discipline! Dan, I have to tell you, I'm a little surprised. I had you pegged as a Walking Dead addict. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    I hardly watch TV but I do kill zombies in my spare time. On my iPod. :P
    You crack me up! Actually, I wish my geek skills extended to knowing how to create iPod games, because I think I've got a couple of good zombie game ideas brewing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 669 Posts

I am on board as a Zombie freak, too. We watch faithfully at my house. If you like to read, check out World War Z. More good zobie stuff!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks

Like I said, I'm OK on Walking Dead.

But I'm crazy for Breaking Bad. Holy smokes is that a wonderful show!

Thanks

That's actually the next show on my list. I keep hearing great stuff about it. I'll definitely be getting back with you on that one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Lee View Post
    If you like to read, check out World War Z. More good zobie stuff!

I have been curious about this, and have *almost* downloaded it to my Kindle so many times. Perhaps now, on your recommendation, I'll give it a try.

Thanks

I think you would not be disappointed. It is a very different take on things, written in the form of interviews of those right in the front lines, so to speak. Tells you how it all begins, too. I am reading on the Kindle as well.

Thanks

I think you would not be disappointed. It is a very different take on things, written in the form of interviews of those right in the front lines, so to speak. Tells you how it all begins, too. I am reading on the Kindle as well.

Tracy, I downloaded it today. I will probably start it in a day or two. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks

Brian, I checked out Breaking Bad. In some ways, I think it's more gross than The Walking Dead. And, it's definitely WAAAYYYYY more crazy. WAY more!! It's a good show though. I'm definitely enjoying it.

Thanks

I assume that you just started the 1st season? That bathtub scene is a little gross, but that's it (I didn't just spoil anything, don't worry). Nothing from here on out will be as gross as that....so I'll contend that Walking Dead is more gory!

But I really think that Breaking Bad is the best series that I've ever seen...my opinion. I love how everything is very true to life. All of his actions have consequences. It's very very realistic. I love putting myself in his situations mentally, and try to work out how he will get through something. Then sometimes he does, sometimes he does not. I'd love to quote specific examples, but I won't discuss the plot here...it's too good to spoil.

As opposed to Dexter, who snakes his way out of every single situation unscathed. Don't get me wrong, I like Dexter, but Breaking Bad does not ask you to suspend disbelief.

Also - I LOVE Bryan Cranston. When I see him in this, I totally forget that he was "Watley the Dentist" on Seinfeld, which would be the easiest way to typecast him.

Thanks

To tell the truth, the bathtub scene really shocked me. But, since I am an avid follower of the zombie apocalypse, I really can't complain. I was very surprised though! =)

From what I have seen so far, you are exactly right. It's very realistic, and he does have to figure his way out of his situations. I was never a fan of Dexter, but I get what you mean. I have watched other shows that create their own "perfect world" where the protagonist operates freely amidst circumstances that only a Hollywood creative team could come up with. Which is fine, but after a while the story begins to lose credibility with me and I get a little bored, that's all. So, I appreciate your remarks, and agree that this is what makes this kind of show enjoyable.

I was not an avid follower of Seinfeld, so I don't remember him from that. But, he does look familiar to me and I couldn't place him so I looked him up on IMDB. It seems that he has actually been in a lot of shows, and also appeared recently in the movie "Contagion". I do remember him from that. He has a nice range, and I like watching people who can actually "act" and "become their character", so to speak.

I'll be following this one from now on, so thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks

My husband really enjoyed Breaking Bad and so it is next on my streaming list for Netflix. We also love Weeds in terms of its outrageously insane plots and story lines but ability to entertain quickly.

Thanks

I must admit, Breaking Bad definitely has me laughing a lot. It has its serious moments too, but it also can be outrageously funny. I just can't believe some of the stuff that happens. =)

Thanks

Jumping in a little late here, but i am also a zombie nut. I watch the walking dead (missed a few episodes from the beinning of season 2). Great show. Also a fan of zombie movies and zombie video games!

Although, depending on who you ask, zombies should not be able to really run or have any logical thought.

Also, they did a special on i think the history channel called zombies vs vampires. It was pretty interesting. Modern tech meets experts.

Thanks

I am on board as a Zombie freak, too. We watch faithfully at my house. If you like to read, check out World War Z. More good zobie stuff!
    My husband and I both love "The Walking Dead" and he enjoyed "World War Z" (which I haven't read yet).
    He also recommended the book "Patient Zero" by Jonathan Maberry so I read it and loved it. Highly recommended!

Looking forward to the season finale of "Walking Dead" next Sunday. The last couple of weeks have seen more action and deaths than we've seen in a long time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    Looking forward to the season finale of "Walking Dead" next Sunday. The last couple of weeks have seen more action and deaths than we've seen in a long time!
    And you're watching this for fun? Hmmmm..., I must be missing something.

May Your Force Be With You

If I mention a supplier, I am ONLY affiliated if I EXPLICITLY say so.