Thread: Pelikan M600 vs Edison Signature series vs ?

Thanks

Default Pelikan M600 vs Edison Signature series vs ?

I've promised myself that I will not become an accumulator, but I'm considering getting one more pen to compliment my Pilot VP. I've been doing lots of research, and have right now come to the Edison Menlo or Pelikan M600. What would you recommend, why, and is there anything else I should consider in a similar price class? Basically the one pen to rule them all.

Thanks

Default Re: Pelikan M600 vs Edison Signature series vs ?

I don't have an Edison (yet) but I will say that of the dozens of pens I've used over the years, my M600 is one of the most reliable and comfortable to write with. Light and perfectly balanced. The striped green and blue versions are beautiful, and they hold quite a lot of ink. An M600 would be a great choice!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

I've used an m600 (older model) and I own a signature series pen. I would go with the Edison. The features are more unique and the customization options make it so not just everyone will have the same exact pen you have. Boy, that was redundant.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

The Pelikan M600 is my favorite size Pelikan, and I have several. That's a great pen.

I also have several custom Edisons, though not a Menlo. These also are great pens, and Brian offers terrific service.

It's hard to recommend other pens without knowing what you like in terms of size, nib width, weight, etc. But I'll just caution that I don't believe in "one pen to rule them all," anyway. For every pen I like, I can find someone who doesn't like theirs, and vice versa. Can you go to a pen show and check them out in person?