Thread: FS: Visconti Proporzione LE

Thanks

Default FS: Visconti Proporzione LE

This pen will arrive in NOS condition in its original packaging with HUGE wooden box, cloth bag, and everything shown in the photos.
    The original price in 2007: $1.618

Asking the same $1,618 + shipping

The Proporzione was the first of Visconti’s Divina series, released in 2007. A pentagonal pen with swirling facets lined by inlaid sterling silver, the Proporzione was built around the principles of the Divine Proportion of 1:1.618. (Also known as the golden ratio). It’s a mathematical representation of proportion that is very pleasing to our aesthetic sense and is found all over the place in nature.
    The Divina is a lovely, oversized pen that just has that flashy-yet-refined look that Visconti pulls off perhaps better than any other manufacturer. The body of the pen is made of one of the most stunning burl wood celluloids I’ve ever seen in my life. It does look alarmingly like real wood. The dark browns and blacks are offset by the beautiful streamers of sterling silver inlaid into the face of the pen.
    The cap features the MyVisconti medallion in the top, and the very standard Visconti hinged “bridge” clip. (Love it or hate it.) At the other end of the pen is the access to the pen’s “Push and Pull Touchdown” filling system, on which the pen’s limited edition number (xxxx of 1618) is engraved. Unlike later Divinas, the Proporzione has an ink window that is visible even when the pen is capped.
    The cap utilized Visconti’s safety hook and latch system that requires only a slight press down on the cap and a quarter-turn to uncap the pen. Under the cap, you’ve got a standard-sized concave section and a #6-sized smooth Medium Visconti nib in 18k gold with an unusual brown plastic feed. The feed has a stunning design on it, and the masking to plate the bi-color nib was perfect.
    This is one of Visconti’s oversize pens. As such, it’s very large and doesn’t need to be posted to be usable for all but the most massive of hands. The cap can post, and when it does post the swirling lines of the cap and barrel line up perfectly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AndreiK; November 11th, 2023 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: FS: Visconti Proporzione LE

Is there a price here or did I miss it?
    OR, are you looking for the original price?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,283 Times in 3,951 Posts

You missed it on line 2 because I can see it. (Post hasn't been edited)
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I understand @gloucesterman-18's question Chrissy because I had the same question, too. Maybe both he & I are misunderstanding but let me try and explain.......
    What the OP has in line 2 is the pen's original price in 2007. I think (and apparently so does @gloucesterman-18) the OP needs to clarify if $1,618 is also the price he or she is asking in 2023 or if that $1,618 (the 2007 purchase price) is there only for historical purposes.
    Make sense????

Thanks

Thanks

Asking the same price as it was in 2007 + reasonable shipping.
    Sorry for not specifically mentioning this in the post.
    Original post has been edited.

Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    I understand @gloucesterman-18's question Chrissy because I had the same question, too. Maybe both he & I are misunderstanding but let me try and explain.......
    What the OP has in line 2 is the pen's original price in 2007. I think (and apparently so does @gloucesterman-18) the OP needs to clarify if $1,618 is also the price he or she is asking in 2023 or if that $1,618 (the 2007 purchase price) is there only for historical purposes.
    Make sense????
    Makes much sense. Humble apologies to both of you. Mea culpa I just saw the number and assumed that was the asking price.
    Last edited by Chrissy; November 11th, 2023 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    Make sense????
    Makes much sense. Humble apologies to both of you. Mea culpa I just saw the number and assumed that was the asking price.
    No apology necessary. We are all better off because of your many positive contributions to keep this board running as it should. Especially so in the absence of an "active" administrator.
    Thank you Chrissy!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (November 12th, 2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gloucesterman-18 View Post
    Dear All,

Thank you for your questions on a price. While I posted the original price, I overlooked to mention that I am asking the same $1,618 (BTW, this is the golden ratio in $$), as it was asked in 2007.
    I will also include the book, published by Visconti on Golden Ratio...
    I hope this pen will go to a good home.

Thanks

I actually had the pleasure of holding 2 of these while I was in Houston TX this year. Dromgoole's has (or had then) the 18ct gold trim version and someone whom I met there has this version. It's a really beautiful pen. Very substantial to hold and a nice weight in the hand. Sadly out of my price range but I appreciated the precise workmanship and beauty of them.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (November 22nd, 2023), gloucesterman-18 (November 12th, 2023)

Thanks

I absolutely agree. Both, the gold and silver trim versions of the Divina Proporzione are the ultimate representation of Dante Del Vecchio's view of this Visconti line. These are the only Divinas with ink view window and truly amazing burl wood - like celluloid. Instead of captive converter in other Divinas, the original (and earliest) Proporzione use touchdown filling system that adds to the weight of the pen.
    I do have both, 18k gold trim version and two (2) with sterling silver trim. They are a joy to use and to look at. Real masterpieces.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AndreiK For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (November 22nd, 2023)

Thanks

Beautiful pen, but what's that Freddy Krueger thing in the box?

Thanks

That thingy is Visconti's reproduction (as they say) of the instrument that can measure the "divine proportion" = 1,618. They also imply that Leonardo DaVinci was using similar device for the most of his scientific and artistic work. With this instrument you can measure that Visconti Proporzione pen has ideal proportion of cap-to-barrel sizes.
    In my words: nice (not so) little thingy that adds to the idea of divine proportion and complements an excellent (I am confident about this statement) writing instrument.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndreiK For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (November 22nd, 2023), Zaptrax (November 22nd, 2023)