Thread: Diamine: Grape, Imperial Purple, and Deep Magenta - painting experiment

Thanks

Default Diamine: Grape, Imperial Purple, and Deep Magenta - painting experiment

FP ink from a different perspective…

I thought I would post this work in progress - experimenting with Diamine fountain pen inks. Having not long owned my first FPs and knowing nothing about fountain pen inks I spent time researching various sources online before deciding to give Diamine inks a try. I now have 8 colours and am finding them outstanding so far in both fine and broad nibs.

In this post I’m using Diamine inks with a brush and water like watercolour paint - on Bockingford 300gsm Watercolour paper. I find this a good way to quickly ascertain the general quality and usability of any medium including ink. These inks exhibit nice blending and gradation properties when applied wet-on-wet to the watercolour paper. They interact and perform predictably with the paper, with no unwanted surprises. On this piece the inks are washed out considerably to create more subtle tones and hues for the flowers. When applied neat the colours are very vibrant.

Colours used here are Deep Magenta, Imperial Purple, and Grape.
    Worth mentioning - the lid seals on these 30ml bottles are excellent.

Thanks for looking.
    PJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pj1964 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

auto winder (September 23rd, 2013), Bogon07 (September 23rd, 2013), cwent2 (September 23rd, 2013), fncll (September 24th, 2013), Goldfish (September 23rd, 2013), heath (September 23rd, 2013), Jeph (September 23rd, 2013), Mesu (September 23rd, 2013), Morgaine (February 17th, 2014), penultress (September 23rd, 2013), tannie (September 23rd, 2013), Tessy Moon (January 28th, 2015)

Thanks

Default Re: Diamine: Grape, Imperial Purple, and Deep Magenta - painting experiment

Wow beautiful,

Thanks

Default Re: Diamine: Grape, Imperial Purple, and Deep Magenta - painting experiment

wow...!

Thanks

They're amazing. Thanks for sharing

Thanks

Thank you for the kind feedback. I've always loved the way that mediums can gradate and blend and I think ink is probably the best at it. Most likely because the hue is a dye rather than a pigment (e.g. watercolour and acrylic paint etc) therefore is carried more minutely and fluidly within the vehicle. I am hoping to get the Diamine 'Music Set' in the next few weeks for my fountain pens, and thought I might try using them to do a portrait of one of the great Master composers. Anyone here tried that set yet?

Thanks

we'll provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to create a timeline or schedule for the entire moving process, from packing to unpacking. By following these steps, you can streamline the moving process, avoid common mistakes, and ensure that everything goes according to plan. Auto Transport Rates Byers