Thread: FS: Vintage Aurora 88 (Broad Stub, Restored, Wet Writer, Piston Filler)

Thanks

Default FS: Vintage Aurora 88 (Broad Stub, Restored, Wet Writer, Piston Filler)

For sale is a vintage Aurora 88 fp in gold and black with a 14k broad stub nib. I don't know if the nib is a factory stub or was ground to such by a nib worker. This classic piston filler is in excellent overall condition with only typical light/moderate wear from age and normal use. As seen in one of my pictures, the gold cap has some plating lost at the bottom. It also has a couple of very small dings or dimples. The pen was restored a few years ago with new piston seals. The nib writes quite wet and quite well upside down (though noticeably less wet). However, I have had some issue with skipping and hard starts; they haven't been truly terrible but enough to notice.

$100 including shipping in the USA. I will accept PayPal or a check/money order. If you are interested, please send me a private message. Thank you.

Aurora 88 1a.JPGAurora 88 2a.JPGA88 nib c.JPGAurora 88 4c.JPGA88 side of nib a.JPGA88 ink window a.JPGA88 cap a.JPGAurora 88 6a.JPGA88 sample.JPGAurora 88 sample 2.JPG
    Last edited by Zhivago; December 4th, 2023 at 02:31 PM.
    Looking for the now discontinued Uni-ball Millino mechanical pencil to buy or trade for (https://www.jetpens.com/Uni-Millino-...0.5-mm/pd/6134). PM me if you have one or more you would care to part with.

Thanks

Default Re: FS: Vintage Aurora 88 (Broad Stub, Restored, Wet Writer, Piston Filler)

Gorgeous pen! Someone will be very happy with this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kyleparsons4842 For This Useful Post:

Zhivago (November 26th, 2023)

Thanks

Default Re: FS: Vintage Aurora 88 (Broad Stub, Restored, Wet Writer, Piston Filler)

Bump, reduced to $100.
    Looking for the now discontinued Uni-ball Millino mechanical pencil to buy or trade for (https://www.jetpens.com/Uni-Millino-...0.5-mm/pd/6134). PM me if you have one or more you would care to part with.