Thread: Joy Reigns in Hell

Thanks

Thumbs up Joy Reigns in Hell

Joy reigns supreme this day in hell. Satan is doing the Neutron Dance!!!

Henry "Heart of Darkness" Kissinger is dead. The dark lord himself is welcoming him back home after 100 years of unprecedented success in polluting the 20th Century earth in the most putrid global evil.

Outside of comments on the obit published by The New York Times, I haven't seen much glee about this. When I learned of it last night I sent a message to family and friends, "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish." So far no reaction. Perhaps his darkness has been eclipsed lately by a passing black hole. But we should never forget the human toll he inflicted on humanity, mostly in the last century! He ranks with Hitler and Stalin. And now they're all together, dancing in hell.

For a few years now, I've had in my refrigerator a bottle of sparkling apple cider --- waiting for a celebratory moment worthy of it. Last night, I popped the cork. I toasted "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish," and then I got a very good night's sleep. As one NYT commenter said, "This world is a better place without him in it."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts

Default Re: Joy Reigns in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Bill View Post
    ... But we should never forget the human toll he inflicted on humanity, mostly in the last century! He ranks with Hitler and Stalin....
    He was an evil orchestrator of the machinery of hegemony.

But he was no "Hitler and Stalin." I take no joy nor sorrow in the passing of a 100-yr-old person. They have long since been relevant or impactful to the world from any of their current actions or words. Nothing will now change because he is gone, in the same way that nothing was different two days ago when he was still alive.

Thanks

I understand, dear Sherbs, why you believe as you do. That's what Kissinger manipulated the world into thinking in the 21st Century. But I will cite this video clip from the movie, "The Usual Suspects" as a statement on Kissinger.

And for perspective, here's a quote from Anthony Bourdain, typical of anyone who ever came in contact with the human misery inflicted through Kissinger's evil machinations...

“Once you’ve been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking.”

That's typical of how many feel about Hitler after a visit to the Holocaust Museum.

From the Southeast Asia debacle onward, Kissinger had a hand in every ounce of international violence on this planet. Deaths, directly and indirectly, attributable to him far exceed what Hitler and Stalin openly perpetrated.

Kissinger wants you to think that until a few days ago he was just a doddering old relic from a distant age. Truth is, in this century, his machinations, (mush in concert with the Saudis) has been worse than what he did in the last century. He was the head of a "consulting" firm that reached out to all corners of the world to do his evil bidding. Because of that, the world today is dramatically better than when he was in human form even just a few days ago.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brilliant Bill For This Useful Post:

welch (December 1st, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Bill View Post
    I understand, dear Sherbs, why you believe as you do. That's what Kissinger manipulated the world into thinking in the 21st Century. But I will cite this video clip from the movie, "The Usual Suspects" as a statement on Kissinger.

And for perspective, here's a quote from Anthony Bourdain, typical of anyone who ever came in contact with the human misery inflicted through Kissinger's evil machinations...

“Once you’ve been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking.”

That's typical of how many feel about Hitler after a visit to the Holocaust Museum.

From the Southeast Asia debacle onward, Kissinger had a hand in every ounce of international violence on this planet. Deaths, directly and indirectly, attributable to him far exceed what Hitler and Stalin openly perpetrated.

Kissinger wants you to think that until a few days ago he was just a doddering old relic from a distant age. Truth is, in this century, his machinations, (mush in concert with the Saudis) has been worse than what he did in the last century. He was the head of a "consulting" firm that reached out to all corners of the world to do his evil bidding. Because of that, the world today is dramatically better than when he was in human form even just a few days ago.
    I get the hate, and I don't mean to interfere with it. Hate on!

I just wanted to say that I have Hitler and Stalin on a different level. But I don't mean to be disputatious about it. Back in the mid 80's I went to a talk by Noam Chomsky on Kissinger. And I read one of Hitchens' lengthy essays on the man. Very bad.

But "exceeds Hitler and Stalin"? That would take a lot of convincing to get me to agree to that. And that this century Kissinger has been worse than last century? Yeah, I don't buy that either. Unless you also accede that Stalin's regime and rule continue to carry the death numbers up through 2023. And then Stalin would clearly kick Kissinger's ass for evil mortality.

But, as I say, hate on.

Thanks

We cheered. I remember all of Kissinger's advice to Nixon:

- carpet bomb North Vietnam to please the South Vietnamese government

- carpet bomb Cambodia

- invade Cambodia and then Laos

...and on and on. In the last twenty years, it has seemed that Kissinger pops up whenever a US president needs advice from a foreign policy "realist". Kissinger's "realism" always meant killing, especially killing innocent bystanders. Dante must have had a spot for him in The Inferno.