Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Achievements of the Biden administration.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,321 Posts

Default Re: Achievements of the Biden administration.

It's obviously pandering and needlessly provocative. I thought he said he was going to bring the country together. Unity and all that...
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

724Seney (March 30th, 2024)

Thanks

The White House understands Easter. It already barred religious symbols at the Easter egg hunt.
    The announcement is an attempt to demean and provoke Christians.
    It may be an effort to court the Muslim vote. We’ll have to wait and see if there is an LGBT celebration announcement for Ramadan.

Thanks

Read down to the restrictions section of the Call for Youth Art, attached.

https://firstliberty.org/wp-content/..._Egg_Flyer.pdf

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    The White House understands Easter. It already barred religious symbols at the Easter egg hunt.
    The announcement is an attempt to demean and provoke Christians.
    It may be an effort to court the Muslim vote. We’ll have to wait and see if there is an LGBT celebration announcement for Ramadan.
    The Ramadan stuff was also obvious pandering. Based on the "Free, Free, Palestine" protestors, I don't think it's working.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

kazoolaw (March 30th, 2024)

Thanks

Read down to the restrictions section of the Call for Youth Art, attached.

https://firstliberty.org/wp-content/..._Egg_Flyer.pdf

The Submission must not include any questionable content, religious symbols, overtly religious themes, or
    partisan political statements; and
    Yes, let's not have any religious symbols or overtly religious themes during the religious holiday those symbols and themes would pertain to. Well done great uniter.

I'm hardly some evangelical, and my theological leanings would be somewhere between Thomas's Paine and Jefferson.

Freedom of, not freedom from.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

kazoolaw (March 30th, 2024)

Thanks

“I'm hardly some evangelical, and my theological leanings would be somewhere between Thomas's Paine and Jefferson.”

Lol!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post

The Submission must not include any questionable content, religious symbols, overtly religious themes, or
    partisan political statements; and
    Yes, let's not have any religious symbols or overtly religious themes during the religious holiday those symbols and themes would pertain to. Well done great uniter.

I'm hardly some evangelical, and my theological leanings would be somewhere between Thomas's Paine and Jefferson.

Freedom of, not freedom from.
    Obama: “bitter clingers”
    HRC: “basket of deplorables”
    Mo Dowd: “Bible thumpers”
    FBI Richmond memo
    COVID: Churches closed, protests allowed
    The choice they’ve laid out couldn’t be any clearer.

Thanks

Clever Trump campaign propaganda or accurate reflection of prices in your area?
    Try Biden-Mart for yourself:

https://www.biden-mart.com/

Thanks

Clever Trump campaign propaganda or accurate reflection of prices in your area?
    Try Biden-Mart for yourself:

https://www.biden-mart.com/

We've mentioned serpent-head before, but it still applies: "It's the economy, stupid."

Bidenomics is how you get more Trump.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    “I'm hardly some evangelical, and my theological leanings would be somewhere between Thomas's Paine and Jefferson.”

Lol!
    It's a shame you won't let you have a fair or reasonable conversation. This is an interesting topic. I'm the guy asking for proof of where Jesus said he was God. I accept nothing of Pauline nor trinity doctrine. That's somewhere between Jefferson and Paine. Agnostic here bro.

Thanks

Where Jesus said he was God is readily available in your new God Bless America Bible KJV.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    Where Jesus said he was God is readily available in your new God Bless America Bible KJV.
    Happy to consider the verse. I still haven't seen you nor anyone else produce one. You have to rely on interpretation.

Thanks

Do you agree that the "I am" statement in Mark 16:62 is the same "I am" statement as Exodus 3:14?

Thanks

Do you agree that the "I am" statement in Mark 16:62 is the same "I am" statement as Exodus 3:14?
    No. It requires interpretation that is at odds with the plain text reading, and multiple interpretations are possible.

Thanks

Sorry: Mark 14:62. Please explain the differing interpretation which you understand is at odds with the plain text.
    The high priest, on the scene at the time, said that he thought Jesus' statement was blasphemy. Mark 14:64

Thanks

Sorry: Mark 14:62. Please explain the differing interpretation which you understand is at odds with the plain text.
    The high priest, on the scene at the time, said that he thought Jesus' statement was blasphemy. Mark 14:64
    I looked at Mark 14:62. That is in response to a question: "Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

62 “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

There of course is a question on what the Messiah actually constitutes - and it was often taken to mean a King of the Hebrews descended from the line of David.

There is a clear question of "sitting at the right hand... clouds of heaven". Is that a metaphor? Are we to take that literally? Who knows? It's a matter of interpretation.

But to claim it is a declaration of being god, because "I am" was also used in a conversation between god and Moses (which raises a document lineage and translation question); is an interpretation not clearly supported by a clear and obvious reading of the text.

I'm a textualist, counsellor. I do not find the argument compelling, but perhaps it hasn't been explained clearly. Feel free to make one directly rather than through implication. I have no position to defend other than I am not convinced.

Thanks

In Exodus 3:14 God is asked by Moses who Moses should tell the people sent him.
    God responds "I am." That is a commonly accepted name of God, not a merely a statement of existence.
    Jesus identifies Himself as "I am" in Mark. The Hebrew and Greek terms are synonymous. Again, Jesus identifies Himself as being named "I am," not that He merely existed. Again, the Jewish high priest was convinced.
    You might share what you find at odds with the plain text reading.

Thanks

The argument is about a story in a book that humans have been meddling with for thousands of years.

You've found a coincidence and assert it is intentional and by a divine hand.

It could just as easily be coincidence. "Shakespeare" is found in Psalm 46. in the KJV, if you count 46 words from the beginning, you find the word "shake". If you count backward 46 words from the end, you find the word "spear".

Prophecy hidden by the divine hand? or just a coincidence?

Same for "I am".

I remain unconvinced that Jesus ever claimed to be god. I remain open to evidence.

Thanks

When Jesus was teaching in the Temple He was asked if He was greater than Abraham, and challenged with the question "who do you think you are?" He said that before Abraham was "I am." At that point the people reacted by picking up rocks to stone him. John 8:53-59.

He used the same words as in Exodus 3 and in Mark 14. Again, the reaction of the people was to stone Him, the punishment for blasphemy.

The evidence is there that Jesus twice said He was God. And there is evidence that, on both occasions, His contemporaries understood that He was identifying Himself as God and wanted to kill Him. Their reactions were not coincidental.

I'm not able to debate you into believing Jesus is God, nor do I want to. You have to weigh this evidence for yourself.

Thanks

The evidence is there that he said "I am" twice. You interpret that to mean he is saying he is god, because "I am" was said by god to Moses.

Your evidence relies on interpretation.

Matthew 16:

13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”

14 So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not [g]prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth [h]will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

He uses the phrase "I am" again, in a question; and confirms that he is Christ, the Son of the living god - not god himself.

You cite John 8, but 8:54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.". Again, he is referring to another.

Jesus does not claim to be god.