Thread: EFNIR: Private Reserve Infinity Violet

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 515 Posts

Default EFNIR: Private Reserve Infinity Violet

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Private Reserve Infinity Violet

This is review #269 in my series. Here's the YouTube video:

Post-recording notes: This ink looks gorgeous next to the previous ink (Pilot Mixable Colour Green) in a Pilot CM (stub) nib! All the cameras want to make this ink blurple. Can't explain it. Did my best to correct the images. Cleaning was quick and easy with plain water.

Zoomed in photo (Best color match. My eyes don't see the shading that's here. Color started out too blue, but seems pretty close after correction.)

Screenshot (Color isn't quite right. Zoomed out, it looks too pink. Zoomed in, it's too dark. Can't explain it.)

Scan of Completed Review (Can't really explain this. The text should be both darker and more vibrant...)

Absorbent Paper Close-up (top is puzzle paper like thick newsprint, bottom is old 20lb copy paper) (Fairly close (but had to color correct).)

Line width (The "I" in "Ink:". Magnification is 100x. The grid is 100x100Ám. The scale is 330Ám, with eleven divisions of 30Ám each. The line width for this ink is roughly 325Ám. With 269 inks measured, the average line width is 296Ám.)

Microscope image (400x. Rectangles and spikes.)

Previous Review: Pilot Mixable Colour Green.

Images also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap.

Want to influence the inky sequence? Take the "next ink" poll.

View a list of my inks, complete with review results in a google sheet.

Need to catch up on The Adventures of Quin and Makhabesh? Find the whole story here.

Hope you enjoy. Comments appreciated!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (January 23rd, 2024), catbert (January 23rd, 2024), forester (January 24th, 2024), Lloyd (January 24th, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (January 23rd, 2024), Yazeh (January 23rd, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 1,670 Posts

Default Re: EFNIR: Private Reserve Infinity Violet

It's a flag tree! Maybe there's a secret message somewhere.

Very pretty color, and as I have mentioned, I am not a purple ink lover, so the fact that it appeals to me says somethin' right there. Though with the lonnng dry times, I dunno.

I don't remember learning to read. It almost seems like I was born that way.

Liz, thanks a million for the continuing Tuesday Treat. 💝
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

LizEF (January 23rd, 2024)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    It's a flag tree! Maybe there's a secret message somewhere.

Very pretty color, and as I have mentioned, I am not a purple ink lover, so the fact that it appeals to me says somethin' right there. Though with the lonnng dry times, I dunno.
    I agree. I think Yazeh's abundance of purple ink reviews may be wearing me down or something!

I don't remember learning to read. It almost seems like I was born that way.
    Me either. I remember writing the numbers 1 to 100, but I can't remember learning to read.

Liz, thanks a million for the continuing Tuesday Treat. 💝
    You're most welcome!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (January 23rd, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,240 Posts

Thank you Liz - for continuing the barrage of purple inks! I am proud to say I haven't yet caved in to any of them (though if I could get my hands on the de Atramentis artist ones, I probably would), and I'm afraid this isn't going to get me either. I am intrigued by the infinity line though, and will probably get one (almost inevitably the blue/black) before long.

Thank you also for such a gentle episode - with the low barometric pressure headache I've had for the last couple of days, I don't think I could have taken anything too nerve-racking this week.

I also don't remember learning to read - I barely remember reading anything in a child-friendly format either. I do remember going through the process with my daughter though - I got into awful trouble with her school for having already taught her, as she was then made to 'unlearn' everything she knew so they could teach the prescribed phonic system, only to then be made to unlearn all of that and learn to read 'properly' again the following year. Bizarre, to say the least.

I never thought I'd look forward to Tuesdays

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

LizEF (January 23rd, 2024), Lloyd (January 24th, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (January 23rd, 2024), Yazeh (January 23rd, 2024)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Thank you Liz - for continuing the barrage of purple inks! I am proud to say I haven't yet caved in to any of them (though if I could get my hands on the de Atramentis artist ones, I probably would), and I'm afraid this isn't going to get me either. I am intrigued by the infinity line though, and will probably get one (almost inevitably the blue/black) before long.
    You're very welcome! Nor have I made any purchases - I like too many and none a lot more than the others - this suggests waiting is the right choice. There was no blue-black Infinity - silly people - but there are blue and black, and I think I'll mix a little black into the blue to see if I can't make a nice blue-black.

Thank you also for such a gentle episode - with the low barometric pressure headache I've had for the last couple of days, I don't think I could have taken anything too nerve-racking this week.
    Happy to give everyone a rest - though Quin's a little nervous... Hope your headache goes away soon - I know how awful it can be to have headaches that last all day - they really wear you down.

I also don't remember learning to read - I barely remember reading anything in a child-friendly format either. I do remember going through the process with my daughter though - I got into awful trouble with her school for having already taught her, as she was then made to 'unlearn' everything she knew so they could teach the prescribed phonic system, only to then be made to unlearn all of that and learn to read 'properly' again the following year. Bizarre, to say the least.
    I swear the point of schools these days is to destroy all signs of intelligence, creativity, independence, and ambition that ever existed in a child! I hope your daughter survived the experience and is thriving in spite of their efforts!

I never thought I'd look forward to Tuesdays
    Thank you! Glad to have changed your mind!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (January 23rd, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,841 Times in 2,153 Posts

Thanks for such a fun review
    I love the microscopic image it reminds me of grape popsicle marshmallow

In my climate almost most inks have a dry time of below 30 minutes on Rhodia. Though ironically since I've been reviewing I use mostly thick absorbent paper for journalling.

Thanks for making Tuesdays magical

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Thanks for such a fun review
    You're most welcome!

I love the microscopic image it reminds me of grape popsicle marshmallow

In my climate almost most inks have a dry time of below 30 minutes on Rhodia. Though ironically since I've been reviewing I use mostly thick absorbent paper for journalling.
    I'm going to assume you mean seconds. But I think the climate doesn't have much to do with it - good theory, but it looks like paper-ink chemistry over-rules the climate issues (though I guess the jury is still out, more experiments needed).

Thanks for making Tuesdays magical
    Gladly!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (January 23rd, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,841 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post

I'm going to assume you mean seconds. But I think the climate doesn't have much to do with it - good theory, but it looks like paper-ink chemistry over-rules the climate issues (though I guess the jury is still out, more experiments needed).
    Seconds it is

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,240 Posts

I think this is part of a newer release - there also seem to be a dark pink, brown, burgundy, pine green and ultramarine, but only in the 30ml size. Which is fine by me as I intensely dislike the 60ml 'tubs'.

pribb.jpg

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

forester (January 24th, 2024), LizEF (January 23rd, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (January 23rd, 2024), Yazeh (January 23rd, 2024)

Thanks

I think this is part of a newer release - there also seem to be a dark pink, brown, burgundy, pine green and ultramarine, but only in the 30ml size. Which is fine by me as I intensely dislike the 60ml 'tubs'.
    Oooh, sounds like they're finally getting some interesting colors in this line! Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,269 Posts

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of purple... but my wife is, and it got an "oooh, that's pretty".

That's a nice vibrant one I would have never found. Good review.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

LizEF (January 24th, 2024)