Thread: Can we get a PenPals/Correspondence Forum?

Thanks

Default Can we get a PenPals/Correspondence Forum?

Currently there is a decent bit of this going on in the The Creative Side >> InCoWriMo forum but it's turning into a mess. Can we get a new forum, something like "correspondence" and maybe put InCoWriMo under it with "Pen Pals" as a top level topic as well?

If there are other questions about this I have more ideas but I thought I'd keep it simple for now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Re: Can we get a PenPals/Correspondence Forum?

I only see 19 threads in the InCoWriMo sub-forum. Where's the mess?

Thanks

The mess is that incowrimo is for 1 month and now everyone is using that forum for anything to do with correspondence. There is a thread for incowrimo pen pals that may only want to participate in the one month event but there is no way to distinquish. It's as of there was a top level forum about Fords and that's where everyone posted about anything car related.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

We decided to keep the letters flowing past the InCoWriMo event and just call it InCoPenPals. It is the very top thread in that forum.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    We decided to keep the letters flowing past the InCoWriMo event and just call it InCoPenPals. It is the very top thread in that forum.
    It's fine and I have been using that I just thought it might be more clear and clean if the top level was called something else. If the way it is works best then so be it but I feel a bit off putting things like postal price increases in a forum that feels like it it limited to a more narrow scope. I mostly just don't want to feel like I'm hijacking the InCo forum for other things like domestic correspondence, general letter info, etc.

Whatever the consensus is I'm fine with it but just thought I'd make the suggestion.

Thanks

I was actually thinking that that subforum needed to be renamed too. I am a pretty new user and I legitimately was not sure if I could use that subforum for correspondence related threads, like my thread about taking pictures of all my letters. I was actually kind of nervous about posting that because I wasn't sure it was in the right place. If you don't want to rename the forum please at least make it more clear that all forms of correspondence and letter-writing are acceptable there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yipe For This Useful Post:

Mags (September 28th, 2013)