Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Hello from NYC!

  1. #1
    Junior Member Habibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Hello from NYC!

    I just found this forum and wanted to say hello! I'm based in New York and recently got into fountain pens through my sibling, who manages a stationery store in my home state. Since then I've been using them to journal, take notes, and write letters to pen pals. Excited to meet folks here and geek out more over pens and inks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Time
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 642 Times in 258 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Welcome.

    Don't mean to be impertinent, but what is your "home state" and what do you do in NYC? Please ignore if it's too personal!!! Enjoy the pens and ink and paper!!

  3. #3
    Junior Member Habibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Nah not at all! I'm an actor. Mostly theatre for the past 10 years, but lately I've been doing more commercial work and film/TV (nothing big and fancy though). When I'm not doing that I work as a freelance grant writer. I'm originally from Maryland! How about you?

  4. #4
    Senior Member OCArt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 80 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Welcome to this friendly group.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Time
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 642 Times in 258 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Thanks. I was born at Mercy Hospital, Baltimore, hon, first half of the last Century. Now I'm happily in South Jersey. For far more info than you want, turn to my bio page on my Web log...

    https://deadreckoning1.wordpress.com/navigator/



    Quote Originally Posted by Habibito View Post
    Nah not at all! I'm an actor. Mostly theatre for the past 10 years, but lately I've been doing more commercial work and film/TV (nothing big and fancy though). When I'm not doing that I work as a freelance grant writer. I'm originally from Maryland! How about you?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    1,501
    Thanked 105 Times in 98 Posts
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Welcome!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bisquitlips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    990
    Thanks
    918
    Thanked 541 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Welcome!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Wahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,442
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 342 Times in 248 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!


  9. #9
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,282
    Thanks
    9,617
    Thanked 5,839 Times in 2,151 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!


  10. #10
    Junior Member Habibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Hahah I will! Sorry I'm so late to this. But what a small world! I was born in Silver Spring but moved to Baltimore. Then moved here in 2018. I still miss Charm City though.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Time
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 642 Times in 258 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Let Honfest take you back for a few moments...

    https://youtu.be/E6yxZUQpUXA?si=iSds90aSp_WpXj1B




    Quote Originally Posted by Habibito View Post
    Hahah I will! Sorry I'm so late to this. But what a small world! I was born in Silver Spring but moved to Baltimore. Then moved here in 2018. I still miss Charm City though.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Brilliant Bill For This Useful Post:

    Habibito (February 6th, 2024)

  13. #12
    Junior Member Habibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Bill View Post
    Let Honfest take you back for a few moments...

    https://youtu.be/E6yxZUQpUXA?si=iSds90aSp_WpXj1B
    Yo, I just read your bio. You are one cool dude! I'm turning 37 this year but I can still honestly say I want to be you when I grow up.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Time
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 642 Times in 258 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Thanks, you're very gracious and kind. "Cool dude" is something I've never heard before; more often it's old curmudgeon!

    Anyway, welcome again, and I'm glad you're here.




    Quote Originally Posted by Habibito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Bill View Post
    Let Honfest take you back for a few moments...

    https://youtu.be/E6yxZUQpUXA?si=iSds90aSp_WpXj1B
    Yo, I just read your bio. You are one cool dude! I'm turning 37 this year but I can still honestly say I want to be you when I grow up.

  15. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2023
    Location
    Daytona, FL
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hello from NYC!

    Welcome on board

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •