Thread: Highly sort after and COLLECTIBLE WATERMAN NO 7 KEY HOLE NIB.

Thanks

Lightbulb Highly sort after, Holy Grail " WATERMAN NO 7 KEY HOLE NIB".

I have read many stories about this waterman BLACK KEY HOLE NIB. It was just a legendary pen and a nib that I had never seen.
    But by chance I was bumped into this nib on a " Waterman 7 red ripple pen " that is bundled to be sold as on a repairing spare- parts on Ebay. The pen was uncompleted and no cap and only the barrel and the section as parts.
    But oh boy , already many eagle eyes had attracted to this rare nib and the biddings had gone up to £450 plus and naturally many connaissurs are eagerly keeping their watch eye already. So I kept distance and thought I'll not bid for this.
    So at last it was gone for a good price and hope it has that price as it is very rare find in Waterman collections.
    WATERMAN "BALACK ROCK" But next time if I see I will go for that.

But I am sure the seller did not know what he was selling. The price had gone as everyone jumped at that when they had seen it every time . I am sure the seller has very little knowledge in what he sells most of the time.
    I am sharing few images used on the listing.

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-5.jpg

It is good to know about this legendary nib and who is having this pen and having used this nib?

I like to know any experiences and thanks for sharing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cyril; February 24th, 2024 at 05:10 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cyril For This Useful Post:

Deb (February 25th, 2024), Schaumburg_Swan (February 24th, 2024), Scrawler (February 26th, 2024)

Thanks

Default Re: Highly sort after and COLLECTIBLE WATERMAN NO 7 KEY HOLE NIB.

Wow, I've never seen a BLACK nib. I've had several of the PINK nibs and still have one. But they were in much better shape than this BLACK pen as a whole.
    It seems clear that someone did not know what he had and did not treat it with the respect that it deserved.
    And its a "7" making it better yet. (its not a 5

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pen Tom For This Useful Post:

Scrawler (March 30th, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Default Re: Highly sort after and COLLECTIBLE WATERMAN NO 7 KEY HOLE NIB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pen Tom View Post
    Wow, I've never seen a BLACK nib. I've had several of the PINK nibs and still have one. But they were in much better shape than this BLACK pen as a whole.
    It seems clear that someone did not know what he had and did not treat it with the respect that it deserved.
    And its a "7" making it better yet. (its not a 5
    I have also not seen a BLACK. I have a very nice PINK 7, which deserves a better home than the black celluloid pen with mismatch Eclipse cap,it is now it.