Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    10,239
    Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,339 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Cool J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (Cartridge)

    Thanks for @Lithium466 for the sample.
    After reviewing the complex Kobe #56 ink, it was difficult to warm up to this ink. There’s nothing inherently wrong about it, but the name!t doesn’t correspond to the sky-blue colour of forget-me-nots, unless in France the flowers are blurple or blue-black
    I think Herbin would have been better off exchanging this one with Bleu Pervenche. 😛

    I had some problem with the cartridge and the flow. I pressed the cartridge, several times to prime the feed and finally, I realized I had managed to puncture ever so slightly the cartridge, a first. However, afterwards the pen wrote perfectly fine.

    The ink writes purple and dries to a muted blue-black. I didn’t bother to ink up a flex nib for this one.
    Also, the Japanese Ef line was created through reverse writing.

    In retrospect the colour looks like a nice blue-black on white Tomoe River paper, but I still can't warm to it.

    Let's start with the chroma:
    Chroma - Herbin Myosotis.jpeg

    Writing Samples:
    Rhodia- Myosotis 1jpeg.jpg

    Midori- Herbin Myosotis.jpeg

    TR68 Myosotis.jpeg

    Hammerville - Herbin.jpg
    Photo:
    Myosotis.jpg
    Comparison:
    The R&K is Königsblau
    Comparison - Myosotis.jpg
    Water test:
    Ink is more water resistant than Éclat de Saphir
    Watertest - Myosotis.jpeg
    and finally an artwork, Forget me Not on Fabriano Watercolour paper
    Other inks used are:
    J Herbin Bouton d'or
    De Atramentis Document Red
    SketchInk Klara + Marlene
    Noodler's Pasternak




    · Pens used: Kaweco (EF/F/M/B, BB)
    · What I liked: Putting my water brush in the cartridge and drawing with it
    · What I did not like: The name not corresponding to the colour 😛
    · What some might not like: My review
    · Shading: It shades
    · Ghosting: Yes, on cheap paper.
    · Bleed through: Yes, on cheap paper.
    · Flow Rate: It didn’t gorge the feed like some inks do.
    · Lubrication: A bit on the dry side
    · Nib Dry-out: Did not notice.
    · Start-up: Ok
    · Saturation: Pastel
    · Shading Potential: Nice.
    · Sheen: No.
    · Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Did not notice.
    · Nib Creep / “Crud”: Did not notice.
    · Staining (pen): No.
    · Clogging: Did not notice.
    · Cleaning: Easy
    · Water resistance: Ok, better than Éclat de Saphir.
    · Availability: cartridges, 10 ml, 30 ml bottles.

    Please don't hesitate to share your experience, writing samples or any other comments. The more the merrier

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    Brilliant Bill (March 22nd, 2024), catbert (March 21st, 2024), Chrissy (March 23rd, 2024), forester (March 22nd, 2024), junglejim (March 28th, 2024), Lithium466 (March 21st, 2024), LizEF (March 21st, 2024), Lloyd (March 21st, 2024), Robalone (March 21st, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (March 21st, 2024)

  3. #2
    Senior Member Sailor Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where pigs run free!
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    6,425
    Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Myosotis Bleu was one of my first inks, from the JHerbin collecting phase. I only have a bottle, no cartridge, but yes, it's...dusty bleu. And I haven't used it in some time. When I do it will be in a sopping wet, broad nib.

    What I like: E-Z cleanup. Kitteh and Mousie displaying their usual savoir faire; Mousie dreaming in a field of flowers; and your thoroughgoing review. Thanks again, Yazeh!

    My other pen is a Montblanc.

    And my other blog is a tumblr!


    And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

    forester (March 23rd, 2024), Yazeh (March 21st, 2024)

  5. #3
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    10,239
    Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,339 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Myosotis Bleu was one of my first inks, from the JHerbin collecting phase. I only have a bottle, no cartridge, but yes, it's...dusty bleu. And I haven't used it in some time. When I do it will be in a sopping wet, broad nib.

    What I like: E-Z cleanup. Kitteh and Mousie displaying their usual savoir faire; Mousie dreaming in a field of flowers; and your thoroughgoing review. Thanks again, Yazeh!

    Thank you so much for sharing your experience and your kind words 🙏🙏🙏

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    Sailor Kenshin (March 22nd, 2024)

  7. #4
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    4,004
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Thank you Yazeh - I'm only popping in briefly, but had to stop and comment on the fabulous artwork in particular. Kitty in the flowers brought me real happiness

    I met a beautiful cat today who sat just wanted to be held and petted and it was perhaps the most uplifting thing that has happened to me in ages. Coupled with managing to get out for a drive and see the signs of spring everywhere, and the joy of my lovely daughter's birthday, I managed to feel the best I have in some time.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

    Brilliant Bill (March 22nd, 2024), Chrissy (March 23rd, 2024), forester (March 22nd, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (March 22nd, 2024), Yazeh (March 21st, 2024)

  9. #5
    Senior Member LizEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Unreality
    Posts
    818
    Thanks
    1,050
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 621 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Thanks, @yazeh! Sorry I don't have the energy or time to comment fully. Love the cat-in-ink-bottle again, and lovely flowers drawing.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (March 21st, 2024)

  11. #6
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    10,239
    Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,339 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Thank you Yazeh - I'm only popping in briefly, but had to stop and comment on the fabulous artwork in particular. Kitty in the flowers brought me real happiness
    I'm glad that my attempt at art, brought you happiness
    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I met a beautiful cat today who sat just wanted to be held and petted and it was perhaps the most uplifting thing that has happened to me in ages. Coupled with managing to get out for a drive and see the signs of spring everywhere, and the joy of my lovely daughter's birthday, I managed to feel the best I have in some time.
    I'm glad that a beautiful cat, the promise of spring and flowers and your daughter's birthday, brings you so much joy. I pray that soon, you find healing 🙏🙏🙏

  12. #7
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    10,239
    Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,339 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post
    Thanks, @yazeh! Sorry I don't have the energy or time to comment fully. Love the cat-in-ink-bottle again, and lovely flowers drawing.
    Hope you're alright and rested. There's no rush. Glad my little drawings bring you joy

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    forester (March 24th, 2024), LizEF (March 22nd, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (March 22nd, 2024)

  14. #8
    Senior Member Sailor Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where pigs run free!
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    6,425
    Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post
    Thanks, @yazeh! Sorry I don't have the energy or time to comment fully. Love the cat-in-ink-bottle again, and lovely flowers drawing.
    Hope you're alright and rested. There's no rush. Glad my little drawings bring you joy
    Ditto that…
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

    And my other blog is a tumblr!


    And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (March 22nd, 2024)

  16. #9
    Senior Member LizEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Unreality
    Posts
    818
    Thanks
    1,050
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 621 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post
    Thanks, @yazeh! Sorry I don't have the energy or time to comment fully. Love the cat-in-ink-bottle again, and lovely flowers drawing.
    Hope you're alright and rested. There's no rush. Glad my little drawings bring you joy
    Ditto that…
    Thank you! By 5pm yesterday, I had a massive headache that Excedrin barely put a dent in, and still haven't slept since around 6am yesterday morning. The headache was finally gone by around 10:30 this morning. Were it not for the headache and lack of sleep, I'd be a bit better.

    But, there's far more to the story than that. I had lunch with friends from my former employer (all of us left there except 2) and then went for a little detour... I don't want to derail Yazeh's thread, so you can find the details in my FPN thread. And they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a picture, that sort of explains everything:



    Pray for us!

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

    Brilliant Bill (March 22nd, 2024), catbert (March 23rd, 2024), forester (March 23rd, 2024), mizgeorge (March 22nd, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (March 22nd, 2024), Yazeh (March 22nd, 2024)

  18. #10
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    10,239
    Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,339 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    @LizEf, you, Smoke and Klaw can always derail my threads and welcome to the lovely new addition and hopefully playmate

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    Lloyd (March 22nd, 2024)

  20. #11
    Senior Member LizEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Unreality
    Posts
    818
    Thanks
    1,050
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 621 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    @LizEf, you, Smoke and Klaw can always derail my threads and welcome to the lovely new addition and hopefully playmate
    Thank you!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (March 23rd, 2024)

  22. #12
    Senior Member mizgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    4,004
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Oooh! New kitty. I think I may be in love (and very jealous!)

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to mizgeorge For This Useful Post:

    LizEF (March 23rd, 2024)

  24. #13
    Senior Member LizEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Unreality
    Posts
    818
    Thanks
    1,050
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 621 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Oooh! New kitty. I think I may be in love (and very jealous!)
    That's just the toxoplasmosis gondii talking. He woke us (me and Klaw) up 1.5 hours early. Manage to get Klaw to eat not too far from the door to the kitten room. Meanwhile kitten ate a huge meal (I'm beginning to think Klaw doesn't like eating a lot at once - even now he barely eats that much in one meal, let alone when he was 10 weeks.) Then it was time for cuddles, playing with his tail, and now it's bath time. And he's a loud purrer.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

    Sailor Kenshin (April 9th, 2024), Yazeh (March 23rd, 2024)

  26. #14
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    10,239
    Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,339 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post
    and now it's bath time. And he's a loud purrer.
    Inspired by this line:
    Sailor Kiwa guro
    J Herbin Bleu Myosotis
    J Herbin Éclat de Saphir
    J Herbin Bouton d'or
    Noodler's Polar Brown


  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    catbert (March 24th, 2024), forester (March 24th, 2024), LizEF (March 24th, 2024), mizgeorge (March 24th, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (March 24th, 2024)

  28. #15
    Senior Member LizEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Unreality
    Posts
    818
    Thanks
    1,050
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 621 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post
    and now it's bath time. And he's a loud purrer.
    Inspired by this line:
    Sailor Kiwa guro
    J Herbin Bleu Myosotis
    J Herbin Éclat de Saphir
    J Herbin Bouton d'or
    Noodler's Polar Brown

    Thank you!! Love this - absolutely love it!

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

    catbert (March 24th, 2024), forester (March 24th, 2024), Yazeh (March 24th, 2024)

  30. #16
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    10,239
    Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,339 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post

    Thank you!! Love this - absolutely love it!

    Well your prompt was much more inspiring that Inktober

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    catbert (March 24th, 2024), forester (April 9th, 2024), LizEF (March 24th, 2024)

  32. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,756
    Thanks
    4,964
    Thanked 4,865 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post

    Thank you!! Love this - absolutely love it!

    Well your prompt was much more inspiring that Inktober
    Well I think your Inktober art is inspired and inspiring.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbert For This Useful Post:

    forester (April 9th, 2024), Lloyd (March 24th, 2024), Yazeh (March 24th, 2024)

  34. #18
    Senior Member Sailor Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Where pigs run free!
    Posts
    4,038
    Thanks
    6,425
    Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post
    Thanks, @yazeh! Sorry I don't have the energy or time to comment fully. Love the cat-in-ink-bottle again, and lovely flowers drawing.
    Hope you're alright and rested. There's no rush. Glad my little drawings bring you joy
    Ditto that…
    Thank you! By 5pm yesterday, I had a massive headache that Excedrin barely put a dent in, and still haven't slept since around 6am yesterday morning. The headache was finally gone by around 10:30 this morning. Were it not for the headache and lack of sleep, I'd be a bit better.

    But, there's far more to the story than that. I had lunch with friends from my former employer (all of us left there except 2) and then went for a little detour... I don't want to derail Yazeh's thread, so you can find the details in my FPN thread. And they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a picture, that sort of explains everything:



    Pray for us!
    Him pretttyyyyyy!
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

    And my other blog is a tumblr!


    And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

    Yazeh (March 24th, 2024)

  36. #19
    Senior Member LizEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Unreality
    Posts
    818
    Thanks
    1,050
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 621 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    Him pretttyyyyyy!
    Yes, he is. And things are on the up this morning - a good day for increased hope.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LizEF For This Useful Post:

    forester (April 9th, 2024), Sailor Kenshin (March 24th, 2024), Yazeh (March 24th, 2024)

  38. #20
    Senior Member Yazeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    8,486
    Thanks
    10,239
    Thanked 6,508 Times in 2,339 Posts
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: J Herbin Bleu Myosotis (cartridge)

    Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LizEF View Post

    Thank you!! Love this - absolutely love it!

    Well your prompt was much more inspiring that Inktober
    Well I think your Inktober art is inspired and inspiring.
    Thanks to a great and inspiring company!

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

    catbert (March 24th, 2024)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •