Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forum being ruined!!

Thanks

Default Re: Forum being ruined!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    You're welcome 724Seney. You might be surprised at how many members know nothing about the reputation board.
    Is this on Tapatalk as well?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 10,520 Times in 4,023 Posts

I don't know as I don't currently use it. If you can see the 3 buttons for Thanks, Asterisk and Report at the bottom left of a post then it may work.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Chrissy, I caught up on the thread, and left thinking I got some buttons to push; went to unowho's topmost post, & smashed the asterisk/sheriff's badge,whatever it is....and it was duly recorded [got the follow-up]. Then to his next post & hit that one. The response was a mini-popup balloon saying I must spread some rep around before I can repeat -yadayada-- on 'him'. Put it away, next morning now, tried again with same balloon result.
    What the hell's 'spreading rep'???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
    Chrissy, I caught up on the thread, and left thinking I got some buttons to push; went to unowho's topmost post, & smashed the asterisk/sheriff's badge,whatever it is....and it was duly recorded [got the follow-up]. Then to his next post & hit that one. The response was a mini-popup balloon saying I must spread some rep around before I can repeat -yadayada-- on 'him'. Put it away, next morning now, tried again with same balloon result.
    What the hell's 'spreading rep'???
    If you click on the Community Tab ^^^ You can see the Reputation Board is there. Members are able to leave Reputation as well as Thanks to any member on any post. However, once you have left reputation for a particular member you have to leave reputation elsewhere before you can leave the same person reputation again. That's spreading it around. I believe you have to leave 30 rep. comments before you can leave the same person rep. again.

You currently have enough reputation awards to make your Rep. Power 2. it also goes up by one increment every year on your joining anniversary. If you click on Settings you can see what reputation you've received and given. If you approve of someone's post you will leave them a +2 score. If you disapprove of a post you will leave them a -1 score as it halves the rep. power when you leave negative rep.
    Last edited by Chrissy; April 5th, 2024 at 06:21 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (April 13th, 2024), dougb1426 (April 5th, 2024), ~JJ (April 5th, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 578 Posts

This is one of the best for sale threads ever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmboy For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (April 5th, 2024)

Thanks

I agree.
    It's my first stop when I log on each day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gloucesterman-18 For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (April 12th, 2024)

Thanks

Just put spcrypto247 on ignore! The more we talk about this the more we give the spammer what he wants. Attention.
    Last edited by Bisquitlips; April 19th, 2024 at 05:06 AM.

Thanks

I Ignore!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gloucesterman-18 View Post
    I Ignore!
    So you're saying you're an ignorant? Hmmmm.

Thanks

For the last two days, when I deduct reputation from the pesky spammer, it results in a green mark next to their screen name. WTH?

I've doubled checked this for each of the posts for which I deducted reputation in the last two days.

Seven of twenty-four new posts - 29%, as computed on my slide rule - are spam. Time for an alternative to double secret probation.

Wishing you a spam-free day.
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

“If ‘To hold a pen is to be at war’ as Voltaire said, Montblanc suggests you show up in full dress uniform, ready to go down like an officer and a gentleman among the Bic-wielding hordes.” - Chris Wright

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

Indiana Jones used a notebook in the map room, not an app.

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlkWhiteFilmPix For This Useful Post:

Yazeh (April 17th, 2024)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWhiteFilmPix View Post
    For the last two days, when I deduct reputation from the pesky spammer, it results in a green mark next to their screen name. WTH?

I've doubled checked this for each of the posts for which I deducted reputation in the last two days.

Seven of twenty-four new posts - 29%, as computed on my slide rule - are spam. Time for an alternative to double secret probation.

Wishing you a spam-free day.
    When leaving it are you definitely going down a line to "I disapprove"? Because when I try to leave "I disapprove" my iMac tries to auto select a previous word for the reason and while doing that goes back up to the "I approve" line. Once the reason is definitely typed there I have to check again that I'm choosing "I disapprove." (I will go and check those you've left some for and leave some disapprovals.)

I've found the best way for my iMac is to type spam as the reason first then ensure I click in the "I disapprove" box.
    Last edited by Chrissy; April 17th, 2024 at 10:27 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (April 17th, 2024)

Thanks

Mine's about the same as Bob's, basically ineffective. It (the recommendation given previously) let me give 'crypto a negative, but as of next thread attempt + a 24-hr followup, all it would do is pop up a balloon saying I had to spread 6-7[?] Cheer votes around to others before I could strike coup again on him/her/it. Sounds like pushing false reviews to get 'x' results...& what would that do for forum rep? Took a pass.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ~JJ For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (April 17th, 2024)

Thanks

Yep, I'm double checking to make sure I chose "I disapprove", then writing spam, and then hitting disapprove.
    Bob

Making the world a more peaceful place, one fine art print and one handwritten letter at a time.

“If ‘To hold a pen is to be at war’ as Voltaire said, Montblanc suggests you show up in full dress uniform, ready to go down like an officer and a gentleman among the Bic-wielding hordes.” - Chris Wright

Paper cuts through the noise – Richard Moross, MOO CEO

Indiana Jones used a notebook in the map room, not an app.

www.bobsoltys.net/fountainpens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWhiteFilmPix View Post
    Yep, I'm double checking to make sure I chose "I disapprove", then writing spam, and then hitting disapprove.
    Not an original idea but perhaps well worth repeating........
    The best way to "disapprove" of David Jackson's (aka Empty of Clouds) incessant spamming is to not just "ignore" the posts but to not click / open them. One of the things that drives his deranged brain is the apparent erotic rush he gets when he sees he is disrupting things here. For him, that feeling is akin to an addictive drug and the more he sees it the more he craves it. This has been stated here again and again, yet his posts are still being opened by dozens of people. Chances are they are guests and not FPG members but, for him, it matters not.

I do not know if anyone has reported his illegal misuse of his employer's (University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand) facilities or his fraudulent attestations of his work time as he wiles away the hours he is "at work" spamming FPG instead. But, IMO. someone should do so...... He is paid via student tuition dollars and research grant monies. I find it particularly unconscionable that in this day and age of enormous student debt and insufficient funds to do critical research in hopes of discovering much needed knowledge that he gets away with this heinous activity. Given he has a multitude of user names here getting the University of Otago to pull his access to their VPN is the only way to effectively shut him down.

But, back to the point, if he repeatedly sees zero views of his stupid posts, sooner or later he will take his misery elsewhere.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 724Seney For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (April 17th, 2024), ~JJ (April 17th, 2024)

Thanks

Holy carp! I just discovered that I posted a PM here...I assure you 1000% unintentional if it needs saying...apologizing just the same, but doodoo occurs, y'know?
    Redfaced,
    ~_/.
    Last edited by ~JJ; April 19th, 2024 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post

Not an original idea but perhaps well worth repeating........
    The best way to "disapprove" of David Jackson's (aka Empty of Clouds) incessant spamming is to not just "ignore" the posts but to not click / open them. One of the things that drives his deranged brain is the apparent erotic rush he gets when he sees he is disrupting things here. For him, that feeling is akin to an addictive drug and the more he sees it the more he craves it. This has been stated here again and again, yet his posts are still being opened by dozens of people. Chances are they are guests and not FPG members but, for him, it matters not.

I do not know if anyone has reported his illegal misuse of his employer's (University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand) facilities or his fraudulent attestations of his work time as he wiles away the hours he is "at work" spamming FPG instead. But, IMO. someone should do so...... He is paid via student tuition dollars and research grant monies. I find it particularly unconscionable that in this day and age of enormous student debt and insufficient funds to do critical research in hopes of discovering much needed knowledge that he gets away with this heinous activity. Given he has a multitude of user names here getting the University of Otago to pull his access to their VPN is the only way to effectively shut him down.

But, back to the point, if he repeatedly sees zero views of his stupid posts, sooner or later he will take his misery elsewhere.
    The Dean of the appropriate part of the university is a lady called Leigh Hale.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (April 18th, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,094 Times in 664 Posts

It's a shame that the Forum owner can't charge an annual fee of $1. I don't think anyone who is a regular would care about a dollar per year, while I don't think any spammer would be willing to shell out a dollar.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

724Seney (April 18th, 2024), Bisquitlips (April 19th, 2024), ~JJ (April 19th, 2024)

Thanks

re "... yet his posts are still being opened by dozens of people. Chances are they are guests and not FPG members but..."

Of course some will arise from the kneejerks, but I think it's telling in that, at 3:03am (here, but it's not that everywhere!) I'm greeted by: 'There are 5884 viewing this forum. 2 Members & 5882 Guests.'
    I'm left wondering, true pen fans or just some looking to make a few quick $.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,446 Times in 2,524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
    re "... yet his posts are still being opened by dozens of people. Chances are they are guests and not FPG members but..."

Of course some will arise from the kneejerks, but I think it's telling in that, at 3:03am (here, but it's not that everywhere!) I'm greeted by: 'There are 5884 viewing this forum. 2 Members & 5882 Guests.'
    I'm left wondering, true pen fans or just some looking to make a few quick $.
    They’re bots.
    Last edited by FredRydr; April 20th, 2024 at 10:13 AM. Reason: deleted that Tapatalk signature thing

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (April 19th, 2024), Jon Szanto (April 19th, 2024)

Thanks

They did move funny. 🤔