Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kaweco sport cleaning

Thanks

Default Re: kaweco sport cleaning

This is the reason I decided not to use my Kaweco classic sport demonstrator as an eydropper. That black feed housing ( the black collar part ) is not meant to come out in this model. If you do get it out you have probably broken something. The plastic is fused together and not meant to unscrew or push out. That doesn't mean someone won't be successful, but I think unlikely without damage. I much prefer making a converter as shown by Fountain Pen Day. This is absolutely brilliant.
    Watch this video and do it. You can also use an 18 1/2 clear sac if you like to see the ink level. I don't think clear silicon sacs come in size 18. At least I haven't found one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl92XmaQ3Hg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Useful Post:

Anne (February 7th, 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    This is the reason I decided not to use my Kaweco classic sport demonstrator as an eydropper. That black feed housing ( the black collar part ) is not meant to come out in this model. If you do get it out you have probably broken something. The plastic is fused together and not meant to unscrew or push out. That doesn't mean someone won't be successful, but I think unlikely without damage. I much prefer making a converter as shown by Fountain Pen Day. This is absolutely brilliant.
    Watch this video and do it. You can also use an 18 1/2 clear sac if you like to see the ink level. I don't think clear silicon sacs come in size 18. At least I haven't found one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl92XmaQ3Hg
    Thank You so much! Now this I would try. It's a great alternative to maintaining this pen as an eyedropper and you can still fill it with a syringe
    Hopefully, verm has gotten the collar dry by now and maybe he/she will try this.

Thanks

A safer rice-drying: put your pen in a small cup, put the cup into a coffee can that has rice in the bottom. That’ll dry out my Lamy 2000 - barrel and all - in about two days, and no dust in the section. I do it for long-term storage of modern pens, and before any silicone work. While I wait, there’s coffee. Win-win.