Thread: Luxor Grandvisible Guaranty Pen G2 - Beautiful German Made Piston filler

Thanks

Default Luxor Grandvisible Guaranty Pen G2 - Beautiful German Made Piston filler

A recent addition to my collection is this lovely Luxor.

I donīt have much information of this brand. Over the past Iīve seen some Luxor pens, but never one that I consider that interesting that would make me buy it. So I must confess I was never interesting in researching more about this brand. That has changed now!!

Recently, when I saw this pen, I jumped on it as I was amazed by the luxury details and mint condition. I just love the celluloid that recalls me some Whal-Eversharps and the total quality and lovely design of the pen. Built almost all in celluloid it has the cap top made of Ebonite with a metal inlay.

The dual stage piston mechanism is very well made and works perfectly, allowing this small pen to fill with a considerable amount of ink. The shaft is very thin but is sturdy, It looks to be made of ebonite.

Some details are simply wonderful:
    The rings, the metal top cap with he brand name, the inkwindow and the two tone 14k first quality nib.

Also rather interesting for me is that this is a German made pen but all engravings are in English. This makes me think that t was a "to export pen"

Here are some pictures.
    Would love some inputs about this brand.

Hope you enjoy the pictures and thanks in advance for any help!

Vasco

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to piscov For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (November 10th, 2013), cwent2 (November 9th, 2013), dr.grace (November 10th, 2013), reprieve (November 9th, 2013), subramaniyam (November 9th, 2013), Tony Rex (November 9th, 2013)

Thanks

Default Re: Luxor Grandvisible Guaranty Pen G2 - Beautiful German Made Piston filler

A very good looking pen indeed. Sorry I have no info on the brand.

Thanks for posting.

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

Default Re: Luxor Grandvisible Guaranty Pen G2 - Beautiful German Made Piston filler

What a beautiful pen! I love the ink window and the cap rings especially.

Thanks

Thanks so much for taking the time/effort to post this, Vasco. That's the classiest pen I've seen in quite some time.

Thanks

That pen is absolutely stunning! Great catch.

Luxor was produced by H. Hebborn & Co near Heidelberg. Heinrich Hebborn started the company in the mid 1920's. The either went out of business in the 50's or early 60's or were bought out by an Indian company about that time. I can't really be sure about that.

They have a lot of really nice pens but they do not show up very often, and definately not in that good of shape. The purchase date of Jan 14, 1936 is shown on the warranty sheet.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeph For This Useful Post:

piscov (November 9th, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Wow, lovely!
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

Thank you guys. I really like this one. One of my favorits now and is as Mint as a 80 year old pen can be...

Thanks

Lovely pen!

Thanks

That is just superb. I particularly like the crazy ink window replicating the candystripe pattern of the celluloid!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Really the epitome of vintage German pens at that point!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

That is a beautiful pen! I'm not a fan of green pens, but that one has changed my mind. I would love to have something that amazing in my collection.