Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dutch HEMA Fountain Pen :::::: 'Philanthropic' offer for fellow FP lovers

Thanks

Default Re: USD 10,- Dutch HEMA Fountain Pen -- non-profit offer for fellow FP lovers

DM sent, Cees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Dutch HEMA Fountain Pen :::::: 'Philanthropic' offer for fellow FP lovers

These look a lot like the kickstarter Visionnare fiasco pens.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: Dutch HEMA Fountain Pen :::::: 'Philanthropic' offer for fellow FP lovers

Well I jumped in too... ordered 2

What a great thing to do... Thank you again cees achterberg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maksim View Post
    These look a lot like the kickstarter Visionnare fiasco pens.
    Not so. The HEMA is just what it is. A less than $!0 pen, cartridge only as best I can tell,(I haven't found a converter that fits). The Visionnaire is much higher quality even if, as I've written, it is rather ordinary and it is hard to figure out why someone would have spent so much effort to create a pen that they could have purchased for $80 like a Shaeffer Prelude.
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    cartridge only as best I can tell,(I haven't found a converter that fits).
    I assume you've shaken the (small international) cartridge out of the barrel? I have tried a Kaweco converter in my mine (standard international) no issues...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hunnymonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    cartridge only as best I can tell,(I haven't found a converter that fits).
    I assume you've shaken the (small international) cartridge out of the barrel? I have tried a Kaweco converter in my mine (standard international) no issues...
    Yes. I found the cartridge and figured my Kaweco converter might work but I haven't had the time to try it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

These converters fit as well; I just fitted one in my HEMA pen ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/R17-10-PCS-J...item257aedd329

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cees achterberg For This Useful Post:

HighLife (December 19th, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Just got my 2 yesterday and they are a surprise to say the least.

I figured 2 for $15 shipped you just can't go wrong right... EXACTLY... I am more then surprised at how smooth they are. As well I actually like the ink thats in the cart that came with it. A nice even blue that flows well and dries pretty quick to. While it may be a little on the narrow side for my gorilla hands it is well balanced when posted and went to work with me today.

Really appreciate "cees achterberg" for going out of his way to get these pens for us as we would not otherwise be able to get them.

Thanks

Default Re: USD 10,- Dutch HEMA Fountain Pen -- non-profit offer for fellow FP lovers

My two arrived, today. I love receiving mail from other parts of the World. Kudos to Cees for obtaining, tweaking, and sending them - in a Force 9 storm, no less.

One is black and the other, silver. I opted to keep the black and presented the silver to my son as his first FP to see if it will pique his interest to write with one.

With the supplied cartridge, the pen writes very nice. It is actually one of the smoother writers in my collection. There's a nice amount of flow and it isn't "scratchy" to write with, despite the somewhat fine size. I typically use a medium nib, but this a fun one to use. Upon completion of the cartridge, I will add a converter and try some of my inks.

For the price, you cannot afford to not try a few.

Thanks again, Cees!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to heath For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (December 20th, 2013)

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dutch HEMA Fountain Pen :::::: 'Philanthropic' offer for fellow FP lovers

Take two... Apparently, yesterday's post never made it onto the forum.

My two HEMA pens arrived without incident from The Netherlands to Florida. I'll start by thanking Cees for purchasing, tweaking, and sending these to me. He even sent them during a Force 9 storm... What a man!

There really isn't much more that I can add that hasn't already been said. For the price, you cannot go wrong. The flow is consistent with the stock cartridge - which is actually a very nice shade of blue. The nib, which is a bit shy of medium, is very smooth and not in the least bit scratchy. I kept the black one for myself and presented the silver to my son, with hope that he may begin to enjoy fountain pens. When the cartridge is empty, I plan to use a converter with some of my daily inks.

Thanks again Cees, for doing this for the community.

Regards,
    HL
    Last edited by HighLife; December 20th, 2013 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Formating

Thanks

One thing that I have found, if you are careful you can use a Waterman's long cartridge in this pen, and then it seems to write..... like forever....
    Wanted: Clever signature
    Apply in person....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

This looks like an excellent school pen. I wish I had known about these before. I could have saved hassle and money by sending these to my nieces and nephews in Europe, instead of having a bunch of pens sent to me from China, then remailing them to England. When you consider what a load of throw away rubbish the Tesco pens many kids use, are, these are very good value. The supermarket pens many kids use at school are frustratingly scratchy and easily broken.

Thanks

added the link to heath's review in the main text

Thanks

@cees achterberg Just a short post to say thanks - pens write very smoothly and I am very impressed. Thank you for the prompt shipping.

I have had them for a bit, sorry didn't post sooner -- Something called Christmas distracted me!

Have a happy New Year!

Carl
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain

Thanks

I am enjoying mine also. I have used it for a couple months at this point and it's holding up just fine. It's definitely on a higher level than the cost would indicate. I haven't had to adjust anything and I've used it with a lot of different inks (diamine saddle brown, j. herbin violet, MB irish green etc). The thing that's surprised me maybe most of all is the fact that even though it's a 'tension fit' when you post the cap, I've used it now for about 2 months and it is -not- showing any distressing or marking of the barrel from posting the cap. The balance is quite good also (usually full sized pens are too big for my hobbit hands ). I guess the centre of balance when posted for this pen is close enough to the nib that it doesn't feel 'floppy' or unbalanced, even for my weensy hands.

I got the matte black version. Very nice pen. Thank you for doing this for us.