Thread: Tomoe River Paper Pad – White, 8.5ื11

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Tomoe River Paper Pad – White, 8.5ื11

To see all the images with the full review click here: http://penpaperinkletter.com/tomoe-r...8-5x11-review/

This pad comes from PaperForFountainPens.com and is also available in cream. Until now I had primarily used smaller pages for correspondence but having this 100 page pad I have started to use the larger size more often. I quite like the area I have to write more when I am in a long form frame of mind. It is also good for some creative writing projects.

Attachment 7200

This pad is glue bound with a chipboard back and a paper front cover stamped with the Paper for Fountain Pens web address. I actually took the front cover off and use it as a buffer between the page I am writing on and the next page to prevent indentations on the next usable page. I like having the backer board so I can use this in my lap although I generally will still get another hard book to give even more support.

Attachment 7201

Each page is cut to standard US letter size and removes cleanly from the pad so there are loads of applications here. You can punch the pages for binders or do what I mostly use it for, writing letters.

Attachment 7202
    Attachment 7203

If you have never used Tomoe River paper I think the first thing you will notice is how smooth it is. There is little to no fiber feel. Secondly, this paper is quite thin. It’s only 52gsm so you can see through it easily when held to the light. That does not mean though that ink gets through. So far I have seen no bleedthrough when writing on these pads at all. You won’t be using both sides of the sheet unless you use a light ink with a fine nib but fountain people often avoid the back of the page in most cases anyway as the time ink takes to dry can sometimes be prohibitive by pausing your train of thought before continuing.

Attachment 7204

In conclusion I unreservedly have to say that I love this paper and this size pad. I like the wide open feel and smooth texture of the larger page. If you haven’t tried Tomoe River before I would highly recommend it.

-Heath
    @WeThePPIL

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to heath For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

00Photo (November 21st, 2013), 85AKbN (December 23rd, 2013), bottledheart (January 10th, 2017), da vinci (November 21st, 2013), earthdawn (November 23rd, 2013), Ed333 (January 18th, 2014), Goldfish (November 21st, 2013), Jon Szanto (November 21st, 2013), Mags (November 26th, 2013), naimitsu (April 26th, 2015), roxtime (January 21st, 2014), ThriveToScribe (November 25th, 2013), VertOlive (November 25th, 2013), writingrav (November 21st, 2013)