Thread: Thanks to Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia CA!

Thanks

Default Thanks to Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia CA!

Just a quick note of thanks to Fred Krinke at his Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia, California, for staying open past their Saturday closing time just to help me out!

Fred adjusted the nib on my Waterman Expert (which had taken a nasty fall about a year ago). He also recommended a splendid Lamy Vista and swapped in an italic nib, which I picked up as a graduation gift.

So glad there are still "bricks and mortar" stores like these!

John D.

Thanks

I went there a few years ago and asked for an evaluation on an unknown pen brand that I bought
    cheaply on ebay. Before I knew it, he had the pen opened, replaced the sac and cleaned it up a little.
    15 mins later handed it back to me with a $45 charge on this pen that I never authorised him to
    work on. We argued about what he had done and he took $10 off the bill. I paid him and have never
    been back there again. I don't think I would trust that guy again. It is the closest repair place to where
    I live in Pasadena, CA.
    Manny D.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Manny, I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience, but I'd sure like to hear the other side of the story - sounds like a classic case of "failure to communicate". You are referring to a family-run business that has had it's doors open for over 70 years, and if they weren't good business people to deal with, I doubt they would have lasted this long.

Thanks

Just to pipe in.
    I have really enjoyed dealing with Fred over the last six years.
    I cannot imagine him him acting sneaky, but he has fixed a pen or two before my question was over.
    So I can easily imagine such a misunderstanding. I bet both parties were surprised!
    Best wishes,
    Mars

Thanks

Default Re: Thanks to Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia CA!

Hey i agree Fred Krinke is very honest , helpful and friendly person.I had visited for once to his shop and he fixed the issue with my pen. I was a great experience. I would highly recommend Fountain Pen shop in Monrovia.