Thread: A Pair of Vintage Parkers

Non-participant
    Thanks

Default A Pair of Vintage Parkers

This had better be my last post in this forum for a while, otherwise I risk being accused of taking over the place ...

This is a pair of vintage Parker pens that I find just stunning. The first is a 1936 green marble Challenger Deluxe with a 14kt fine nib. The pen is a button filler.

Ch_1.jpg

I love writing with this pen which has a very comfortable feel in the hand. Usually I don't post the cap. The nib is typical vintage Parker, being quite firm but with a nice feel on the paper and a very consistent ink flow.

Ch_nib.jpg

The second pen is a sea-green pearl 1932 Duofold Juniorette ring-top button filler with a 14kt B italic nib. This is a very small pen that has to have the cap posted in order to write with it.

sub_2.jpg

Sub_nib.jpg

And for a size comparison of the two, here is the final shot of them both together.

Both.jpg

For these shots with the Fuji X10, white balance was taken manually, aperture was F11, and manual focusing was used with a 2 second delay on the shutter. Both pens were purchased from Gary Lehrer (gopens.com) - no affiliation other than being a very happy customer.
    Last edited by Murfie; December 2nd, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

antirealist (December 2nd, 2013), ChrisC (December 4th, 2013), earthdawn (December 11th, 2013), Goldfish (December 2nd, 2013), Jeph (December 3rd, 2013), kaisnowbird (December 3rd, 2013), KrazyIvan (December 4th, 2013), reprieve (December 11th, 2013), Tony Rex (December 3rd, 2013)

Thanks

Default Re: A Pair of Vintage Parkers

Quote Originally Posted by Murfie View Post
    This had better be my last post in this forum for a while, otherwise I risk being accused of taking over the place ...
    With gorgeous photos of beauties like these? Please don't stop. The more the merrier. It's lovely posts like these that get people like me through the budget blowout hiatus.
    Kai

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." -- Lao Tzu

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaisnowbird View Post
    Please don't stop.
    Kai, you are far too kind ...

How's the Pro Gear going? I've just ordered myself another one, this time with a medium/fine nib. I have an M in my orange one. The new one is the blue Millecoloré limited edition so I'll post some photos when it arrives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murfie View Post
    How's the Pro Gear going? I've just ordered myself another one, this time with a medium/fine nib. I have an M in my orange one. The new one is the blue Millecoloré limited edition so I'll post some photos when it arrives.
    The Pro Gear is quite happy here, I dare say. It was inked with Waterman Serenite for a week (admittedly not an imaginative choice of ink, but I wanted to ease it in). It even attended a semi-formal event with me (I went to a fancy lunch seminar featuring a prominent politician).

It's now napping at home and waiting for the next inking. Hmm... I'll go to another seminar on the coming Monday, I'll probably ink it up then and make it my default seminar pen. But this time, it will be filled with a more fun-colour ink. Maybe turquoise, or violet. I got a batch of ink samples this week, can't wait to try some.

Speaking of fun colours, that blue Millecoloré is not your average Sailor. More like an admiral.
    Last edited by kaisnowbird; December 4th, 2013 at 07:55 AM.
    Kai

Non-participant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaisnowbird View Post
    ... that blue Millecoloré is not your average Sailor. More like an admiral.
    Nah, I think the Kings of Pen are the Admirals. The Millecoloré would only be a Midshipman ... uhh ... Midshipperson ... uhh ... Midshippen? The latter must be right as it is mid shippin' at the moment.
    Last edited by Murfie; December 4th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

kaisnowbird (December 4th, 2013)

Non-participant
    Thanks

Smile Re: A Pair of Vintage Parkers

OK, so here's a pic of my two Sailor Professional Gear pens. The blue one at top is the Millecoloré Limited Edition. It has a 21kt gold MF nib, and my orange Pro Gear has an M nib. Pen stands were recently acquired from SpeerBob (no affiliation).

Sailor Pro Gear.jpg

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murfie For This Useful Post:

earthdawn (December 11th, 2013), kaisnowbird (December 11th, 2013), reprieve (December 11th, 2013)

Thanks

Looking at them just puts a big smile on my face. Such lovely pens!
    Kai

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kaisnowbird For This Useful Post:

Murfie (December 11th, 2013)