Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what's your Parker Preference?

Thanks

My personal favorite (and my used-daily pen) is an Aerometric "51."

Vacs have really grown on me lately though, and I've taken to repairing/restoring them. I'd go a step further with vac wrenches and say they're necessary, not just something that makes life easier, otherwise you will at some point destroy the threads on a vac pump assembly.

penspouse

Parker "51" Demis, both aero and vac.

PMS

I should say PArker "51" but I really enjoy writing with my Parker 21 Special that I refurbished from two pens. It has one of the smoothest nibs in any of the pens I own.
    PMS

Bucolic Buffalo

Vacumatic's and Duofold's. I have not owned a 51 yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Re: So, what's your Parker Preference?

Vacumatic's and Duofold's. I have not owned a 51 yet.
    I think your Parker preference may change once you own a 51. Come back and let us know if you do get one.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Ok Parker People, I want to join your club!
    At the Chicago Pen Show, I'll officially be looking for a Parker.

Can you help?

I'd like the following:

- No hooded nib (I like to see the nib)
    - Vintage (preferably, pre-1950)
    - Large pen (MB149 size... if that's even exists)

If someone could throw a few model names at me, I'll find examples on-line before I actually get to the show.

Danke in advance! =)

Eric
    Son of Ragnar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Re: So, what's your Parker Preference?

149 size? That may be a little difficult. My first guess would be for a Duofold but I'd have to look in my book to find out which one exactly.
    I'm sure one of our members should ber able to help, kelly? rroossinck?

Bucolic Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I think your Parker preference may change once you own a 51. Come back and let us know if you do get one.

I keep looking at 51's made around the time of WWII. Just have not pulled the trigger yet. I like the older War time and pre war Parkers.

Thanks

I'd have to look in my book to find out which one exactly.
    Oh that's right, you have The Book!
    Surely that has the information I seek =)

Eric
    Son of Ragnar

Thanks

Eric - Grab hold of a vintage Duofold Sr. the Big Red or if you have a lot of money in your pocket - a Mandarin Sr. Like any vintage pen, the price will depend on (as Dr. Isaacson would say) cachet and condition.

Or you could snap off a Vacumatic Maxima - but again, get out the big bills. I think you will find that the larger vintage pens (in decent condition) command high prices.

Another vintage Parker I like is the striped Duofold's from the late '30's and '40's. The later are vacumatic fillers, the earlier models are button fillers. The Sr. model isn't quite the girth of the MB149, but they are superior pens.

Thanks

One of my daily carry pens is a 1946 Vacumatic, with EF nib. I also really like a couple of the 51s I have collected. I would like to try a Duofold, old style, like a Big Red or similar, but have not yet, so I cannot speak of how I would like one. I am concerned that I would love them, and have an overwhelming desire to own several.

Donnie

Thanks

Eric-- assuming I've not missed the show, you might look at the Challengers. In their full-size version, they're surprisingly large for a "budget" pen.

Thanks

I am really partial to Parker Duofolds...but right now I am totally in love with my nice little stainless Parker 180...writes like a dream in both fine and medium!

Thanks

hmmm, let see... the "51"!!!!!

edited: vac or aero!
    Last edited by lovemy51; May 5th, 2010 at 10:31 PM.
    lovemy51

Thanks

One of my daily carry pens is a 1946 Black Vacumatic, with EF nib. I also carry a 1930s (date code worn off) Duofold Junior, which is nearly as nice. Those are my two favorite Parkers, followed by a 1951 Aerometric 51 in Gray (don't remember which is Navy and which is Dove, but Vac is one shad, and Aero is the other - this one is the aero). I would love to try/have a Duofold Senior, in either black, or a big red, but folks are quite proud of those, and price them accordingly.

Donnie

LAVA

My favorite Parker is my black 51 aerometric demi.....It was my very first parker fountain pen.....I purchased it from Mike McConnell from www.wetinc.com It was friggin love at first write I tell you.....I ordered 3 more pens from Mike, A demi in blue with a lustralloy and gold clip cap, a demi green with a gold cap (sold it) and a flighter...all fine/medium nibs. I thought the flighter would be epic as it was my grail pen at that time...but I kept going back to my black demi.

I remember being at my inlaws house once, I left the black demi in the sun visor of my Landcruiser (a first and last for me) because I was rocking a T-shirt that day. Later that evening I couldn't for the life of me remember where I'd put it and went crazy looking for it......I went as far as accusing my wife's alzheimer stricken grandfather for lifting my pen. A low point in our relationship.......but thats how wonderful my Demi writes.

I've bought and sold a wack of pens, but my 3 P51's make up the foundation of my collection. I've got a Lamy 27 on order and I'm trying to get my hands on a vintage Aurora 88....who knows maybe my little demi will be replaced. My current grail pen is a Parker VS.
    Last edited by LAVA; May 7th, 2010 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks

I am a big fan of anything in celluloid, the more distinctive the pattern the better so for looks I would have to say the Royal Challengers or Striped Duofolds. In terms of preference to use it would definitely be an aerometric followed by a vacumatic. So I guess what I am trying to say is that the striped Duofolds win for me just barely over the 51 with any other beautiful celluloid parkers coming third.

Aside from the Striped Duofolds, Vacumatics and Royal Challengers does anyone know of any other very distinctively patterned Parkers that I should maybe add to the scope of my collecting? I also have a Junior Lucky Curve in Green Moire which is neat but not nearly as distinctive as the pens I really enjoy collecting though I do love the the style of the button filler Duofolds.

Dan

ps. I love the look of the modern mosaic Duofolds and hope to get one one of these days. Anyone know what type of filling system they use?
    Last edited by onedumbtrucker; May 19th, 2010 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,890 Times in 1,434 Posts

Default just say: Titanium...

I love my Parker T-1, and believe it or not, I use this pen for writing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Difficult choice - "51" Flighter set or "75" first year! Choice just became more difficult with addition of 1929 Duofold Sr. Streamline!

Bryant

51 Flighter Set.jpgParker 75.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thepianolist; March 27th, 2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: New Pen.

Thanks

Default Only A Few Parker FPs

I don't have many Parker FPs, but the one I use most often has to be an older 21 Fine that is still working with no cracks or other maladies (yet).

Two 45 FP/MP sets (Green and Teal M nibs) get used occasionally, as do two Vectors (both M nibs) and a Jotter Fine.

I have many more Parker BPs to choose from when needed.