Thread: All users must accept rules to Market Feedback Forum before posting there

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default All users must accept rules to Market Feedback Forum before posting there

It's been a while since there's been any drama in the Market Feedback Forum and one of the issues that came up was that people weren't aware of the rules specific to that forum.

The solution that I've stumbled upon is that anyone who wishes to create a new thread or respond to a thread in that forum must first agree and accept the rules for that forum.

When you start a new thread or respond to one, you'll be taken to a page that shows the rules where you will need to check the box saying you agree and abide by the rules of that forum. Once you do that it'll automatically take you back where you were so you can start a new thread or respond to the thread you were in.
    Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 8.12.12 PM.png

If you don't want to create or respond to a thread you'll still be able to browse and read the Market Feedback Forum without having to do anything, except when using the Tapatalk mobile app. I had to hide the forum from being displayed in Tapatalk because anyone could post in the forum without agreeing to the rules.

It might not be the best solution, but it's better than getting rid of the Market Feedback Forum entirely and it makes everyone aware of the rules to that forum.

As always, input regarding this topic is always welcome.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

adamfrank64 (December 26th, 2013), AndyT (December 9th, 2013), cedargirl (December 11th, 2013), Cob (August 17th, 2014), earthdawn (December 9th, 2013), Flounder (December 22nd, 2013), jde (December 9th, 2013), Jeph (December 10th, 2013), Jon Szanto (December 10th, 2013), kaisnowbird (December 9th, 2013), KrazyIvan (December 9th, 2013), Pens&Lit (January 10th, 2014), redherring (August 19th, 2021), ThriveToScribe (December 11th, 2013)

Thanks

Default Re: All users must accept rules to Market Feedback Forum before posting there

Good idea.

Suggestion - P2 <his> to <their>

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacksterp For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (December 10th, 2013), Newjelan (May 26th, 2014), ThriveToScribe (December 11th, 2013)

Thanks

Default Re: All users must accept rules to Market Feedback Forum before posting there

Quote Originally Posted by jacksterp View Post
    Good idea.

I guess I'm just Old School, but "his" is (still) grammatically correct.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

DrChumley (December 10th, 2013), Sailor Kenshin (August 17th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Good idea.

The area of gender neutral pronouns is a difficult one. My personal feeling is that it's worth making an effort to negotiate a path between grammatical precision, politeness and brevity, usually at the expense of the latter. Makes me sound like a pompous old goat probably, but I'd go for something like "It is not the personalities of the vendors and repairers being reviewed, but their actions".

I'm not especially bothered about offending any particularly sensitive group, but I'd rather annoy everyone equally with a clumsy construction than single out one of them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyT For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (August 17th, 2014), ThriveToScribe (December 11th, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

I'm just happy we're all on topic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I'm just happy we're all on topic.
    Well, I'm perfectly content with that arrangement, for one. If we're quibbling about politically correct grammar I doubt you're going to get howls of protest at this stage.

Thanks

To heck with the grammar, the thrust of the rule seems pretty fair to me.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

Senior Member spotted and speckled's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Good idea.

I was just happy someone translated that for me!

And selling rules are fine. So are reviewing rules. Maybe even Ruler of Reviews is ok. Look! Someone just got a title and a promotion.
    Much Love--

--Virginia

13. The Following User Says Thank You to spotted and speckled For This Useful Post:

Annie (December 12th, 2013)

Thanks

Its a good idea

Thanks

Sure, I am good with it.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.