Thread: EDCpen Brass Kickstarter Pen Review

Thanks

Default EDCpen Brass Kickstarter Pen Review

I just did a review of the EDCpen Brass Kickstarter Pen but as it's not a FP I didn't know whether to post it in pen reviews. i saw a few other non-fps there but thought I'd just post a link here. If you guys think it's worth it I'll add it as an actual review there as well.

EDCpen Brass Kickstarter Pen Review

Attachment 7860

Thanks

Default Re: EDCpen Brass Kickstarter Pen Review

interesting. for me, an edc pen has to be a retractable, write every time reliable, and be no look one handed operation capable. answer: g2.

Thanks

I think the term EDC might mean different things for different people. In the pen world your answer makes loads of sense but in the broader EDC community the primary features of any EDC carry item includes just a few things. It must be as close to a never fail device as possible, in any conditions as you never know what you might encounter. It must be rugged and as close to indestructible as possible. The weight might factor in but durability edges the slightly heavier pen I would think. This EDCpen isn't designed to be the easiest to carry everyday, simply the one you know will work everyday, no matter the situation. I think about things like pocket knives. Most EDC pocket knives are much more than what people are really using every day but are carried so that they have them everyday in case they need the extra robustness.

I am not trying to be contrary to anyones opinion on the best EDC pen only trying to show that the perspective broader EDC aficionado might value this pen over pens that make top 5 lists in pen communities because they are looking for something completely different. I would not put this pen in my top five list of any kind other than an EDC pen category that mirrors the genre as I stated above. At the same time very few of the pens that I want to use everyday would make it into that EDC list.

I hope this is helpful and I'd love your feedback along with if you are familiar with EDC and things like bug out bags and things that usually go along with the EDC conversation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heath For This Useful Post:

kaisnowbird (December 24th, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    I think the term EDC might mean different things for different people. In the pen world your answer makes loads of sense but in the broader EDC community the primary features of any EDC carry item includes just a few things. It must be as close to a never fail device as possible, in any conditions as you never know what you might encounter. It must be rugged and as close to indestructible as possible. The weight might factor in but durability edges the slightly heavier pen I would think. This EDCpen isn't designed to be the easiest to carry everyday, simply the one you know will work everyday, no matter the situation. I think about things like pocket knives. Most EDC pocket knives are much more than what people are really using every day but are carried so that they have them everyday in case they need the extra robustness.

I am not trying to be contrary to anyones opinion on the best EDC pen only trying to show that the perspective broader EDC aficionado might value this pen over pens that make top 5 lists in pen communities because they are looking for something completely different. I would not put this pen in my top five list of any kind other than an EDC pen category that mirrors the genre as I stated above. At the same time very few of the pens that I want to use everyday would make it into that EDC list.

I hope this is helpful and I'd love your feedback along with if you are familiar with EDC and things like bug out bags and things that usually go along with the EDC conversation.
    like my 342.