Thread: Visconti Rembrandt...can the Eco-rollerball section be swapped out for FP?

Thanks

Default Visconti Rembrandt...can the Eco-rollerball section be swapped out for FP?

A widowed friend was just going through some office-things....her husband was not really a pen enthusiast, but when she can came across a couple of pens she sent them to me. Among the few pens is a Visconti Rembrandt Eco-rollerball (fills with FP ink). Are the sections interchangeable? Where would I be able to acquire a FP section?
    FPGeeks= Nomdeplume
    FPN= mbankirer
    PenTrace= mb

Happy Writing!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Default Re: Visconti Rembrandt...can the Eco-rollerball section be swapped out for FP?

Yes they can. Mrs Bogon has a Rembrandt Eco-roller / fountain pen set. It came with both sections and both can use either a cartridge or a converter. There is also a Rembrandt calligraphy set with black plastic nib sections.
    You may be able to purchase a nib section form a dealer of Visconti pens? My chrome nib section came from Mayfair pens or goldspot pens but I have no idea of the price as it was missing from the calligraphy set.
    The sections normally come with smooth steel nibs. It may be possible to get a gold or palladium nib but they would probably add another $100 to the total cost.
    Last edited by Bogon07; December 23rd, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Default Re: Visconti Rembrandt...can the Eco-rollerball section be swapped out for FP?

Thanks for the helpful reply!

I'll check with retailers!
    FPGeeks= Nomdeplume
    FPN= mbankirer
    PenTrace= mb

Happy Writing!

Thanks

Wow! That's surprising (but good to know)!
    I asked the Visconti reps this question at the DC Pen Show.
    They told me that the sections were NOT interchangeable!
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

Thanks

yes they are frank, perhaps i should be a visconti rep! i have 3 fountain pen rembrandts and a rollerball, nothing stops you from swapping them out they are the same

Thanks

I just ordered the fine FP nib for my Eco Roller, and it does screw on to the pen. It writes quite well. Only problem is that the pen cap will not close because the nib assembly is too long and strikes the plastic liner in the cap. Too bad, I was looking forward to swapping between the roller ball and the FP.

Thanks

Okay! That makes sense....too bad.
    FPGeeks= Nomdeplume
    FPN= mbankirer
    PenTrace= mb

Happy Writing!

Thanks

image.jpg
    There should not be a problem with the Eco or fountain pen sections on the Rembrandt. the nib assembly should cap smoothly after all Visconti do sell them as a set.
    cjr29 maybe the Philips head screw inside your cap requires a little tightening ?

Thanks

Bogon07, your photo made me go back and revisit my pen. Interesting... It seems that my Visconti Fine Nib is about 4mm longer than the Eco rollerball nib. I checked the screw in the cap. It was firmly seated, but it wouldn't matter because the FP nib is just too long for the cap! See the photo I've attached. Could it be that there are different versions of the Visconti Rembrandt nibs? Do I have a counterfeit one?
    Visconti - Eco.jpg

Thanks

I think they have to be an Eco rollerball section and Eco FP section. I have an Eco rollerball and a Rembrandt FP and the nib collars are not interchangeable. The Eco rollerball nib collar is about 3mm shorter than the FP nib collar so isn't quite long enough to fit in the FP and the FP is too long for the rollerball section.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Bud For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (January 5th, 2014)

Thanks

Cjr29 maybe I misread Nomdeplume's original post. Your nib looks like the usual Visconti steel nib for the Rembrandt - my iPad photo is too blurry to see properly.

My Rembrandt set came with two separate chrome grip sections one for the EcoRoller & one for the Fountainpen. These do look slightly different - the FP one has a small chrome extension past the 'collar' while the EcoRoller has a black plastic part there. The FP nib & chrome grip is slightly longer than the EcoR one but it still caps with no problems.

I have not tried swapping the nib & EcoRoller units between the two chrome grip sections.

Thanks

It's starting to become clear that the sections are different between the rollerball and the fountain pen. They probably did that so they could use the same body and cap for the two different pen types. I'll have to search for a replacement section to go along with the fountain pen nib, and then maybe I can have an interchangeable FP and rollerball.

Thanks

Me, too!?
    Or maybe I'll just keep it as a rollerball....
    FPGeeks= Nomdeplume
    FPN= mbankirer
    PenTrace= mb

Happy Writing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjr29 View Post
    It's starting to become clear that the sections are different between the rollerball and the fountain pen. They probably did that so they could use the same body and cap for the two different pen types. I'll have to search for a replacement section to go along with the fountain pen nib, and then maybe I can have an interchangeable FP and rollerball.
    Did you find the other grip section?

If so, where can I buy one?

Thanks

Thanks

Did you find the other grip section?
    If so, where can I buy one?

Thanks

Thanks

If you're in the USA call Coles of London. They are the importer of Visconti pens and can sell you service parts. You should be able to order the section and nib unit. I have no idea what it will cost.

Aleisha

Wow! That's surprising (but good to know)!I asked the Visconti reps this question at the DC Pen Show