Thread: Does anyone have experience with the Baoer 801?

Thanks

Default Does anyone have experience with the Baoer 801?

I'm looking at the Baoer 801.
    Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with this pen.
    thanks

I did a search and the only hits were FPN, but FPN is currently down for maintenance.

Thanks

Default Re: Does anyone have experience with the Baoer 801?

I have one and really enjoy the pen. It lays down a great line and has moderate weight. The nib is really smooth. My only problem is the nib seems to be very narrow, and will skip when I roll the pen.

Thanks

Nice pens - I used them as part of my Business Gifts for Christmas this year together with some asian food and spices. I tested a couple of them before sending them out, and they are nice writers. The nib is very fine indeed; more like European Extra Fine. They work fine both with int. standard cartridges (small ones only - the long ones get stuck in the barrel) and converters.

Thanks

Just purchased a couple of Baoer 801's on Ebay. Delivered to the US from China in 9 days. Wish I could report that they were a good pen. Note that the pen I purchased as an 801 is significantly different than what others describe and what I see listed elsewhere as an 801. In other words, it pays to look closely at the pics! What I ended up with has the same body, but a completely different nib. The nib on mine is concealed and impossible to access. It says fine, but the line it produces is like a heavy medium. It is scratchy at first. Fit and finish are poor. Cap is a little wobbly whether capped or posted. I have other Baoer pens that I really like (388 and 79), but this one, if it really is a Baoer, is a dud. There is absolutely no markings of any kind on this pen, so it is possible that it is a knock-off by another company. As they say, caveat emptor! While I am not happy with this pen, it only cost $2 including shipping, so I can't complain too loudly!