Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Massive, General-Purpose Welcome to New Members (mostly of the FPN diaspora...)

Thanks

Default Re: A Massive, General-Purpose Welcome to New Members (mostly of the FPN diaspora...)

Well Amro, A belated Welcome to you then! I am glad that you are still here!

Thanks

Default Re: A Massive, General-Purpose Welcome to New Members (mostly of the FPN diaspora...)

Thanks Anne!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Well Amro, A belated Welcome to you then! I am glad that you are still here!

Thanks

Default Re: A Massive, General-Purpose Welcome to New Members!

Thanks for the warm welcome Jon! Even if FPN gets back up and running properly, I love the energy on this site and will deffinetly make it an addition!

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome.
    I imagine I will be around often due to parenthood robbing me of my social life, and my wife's obsession with reality Tv.

Thanks

Hello and Welcome

Thanks

Morning all, does anyone know how to add a photo from an android phone. I would very much like to add a couple. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Well, I've spent the past couple of hours writing up a long chatty profile that disappeared when it turned out that registering and logging in somehow left me logged out when it was all ready to post... followed by an intro here that was a bit less long and less chatty, which also disappeared when another log-in didn't quite cut the mustard at posting time. So this time I will just say hello, and if anyone wants to see what I use fountain pens for, you can check out www.vanhowellart.weebly.com (older work there done with dip pen if before 1984, with sable brush 1984-2000, or with rapidograph 2001-2004).

Ok, let's see if this works....
    Last edited by Howl; October 20th, 2016 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks

Since it seems to have worked, I'll just add that my focus has been on Pelikans (St or KEF nibs) and Omas Extra (heart-hole non-Lucens nibs), vintage only, preferably 1950s-60s. Almost a decade of seeking the elusive holy grail of cartoon pens — that hermaphroditic Platonic ideal, a synthesis of manly robust power and coy, feminine, flirtatious, delicate grace—has resulted in a pile of leftovers, many of them very fine and desirable but not quite 110% suited to my quirky cravings, some of these awaiting fresh corks or other minor fixes. I haven't explored here enough to see if there's a commerce section, but if so, you'll meet most of my extended family there eventually.

I'll also add that my decision to join here was triggered by a short thread on the bizarre tendency of some postwar Soenneckens to explode into dust. I was just about to embark on compulsive buying spree of Soenneckens, at a time when funds for my old age are evaporating rapidly, and this site may have literally saved my life (from starvation if not explosions). I'd been reading up on Soenneckens for months, not only at fpn (where I've been a member for years) but everywhere else on the net, then just today as I was preparing to bid on a 116, I see this astounding info. Nowhere else was this or any other serious problem with Soenneckens mentioned. Thanks!

Thanks

Hiya. I hadn't heard of this place before, only FPN (though I'm not a member there, at least not yet, have only browsed on it a few times), but someone on a completely unrelated site mentioned it so I thought I would drop by and check it out.

I've been a stationery addict my whole life, but it was only this summer I finally delved into fountain pens, and have already amassed ...well, far more than my wallet appreciates! Oops? Lol. I can't help it, they're so much fun, and there's so many different ones, and they're all so pretty! It couldn't be helped! XD

Anyway, it's always nice to be around fellow pen-folk, so I will probably be around here a bit !

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Thanks

Default Re: A Massive, General-Purpose Welcome to New Members!

Tanks for you welcome. I hope I'll learn a lot here, with your comments.