Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eye dropper 101. Help needed.

Thanks

Default Re: Eye dropper 101. Help needed.

Yes, there is no exactitude to the trouble-free ED!

It's not a given a modern plastic pen will burp. It depends on many of the factors mentioned.
    None of my current pens burp, and I write until they have no more ink to give me.

Oh, and who knew? We all have pens that contradict someone else's very same pen. This is why some of us say "your mileage may vary" YMMV.

IMHO, the better the feed, and construction of the pen, the more trouble free it will be.

All of us are share our experience because we love pens, because people have shared with us, because we've learned a thing or two, and we want to give that back to those who want to learn. Not because we are "authorities" on pens.

Not everyone has the time, inclination or disposition, but what I hope for everyone who wants to learn is they read everything they can, ask questions, experiment to their hearts delight, and share in return.

FYI: The average pen barrel holds 3ml of ink; from the Edison to the Platinum Preppy. Less than that seems like, well, gee willikers, Mr. Wilson, I may has well use a cart or a converter. But that's just me...

P.S. Sometimes I wish we had a database we could use to report the brand/model/etc of our EDs, and be able to pull out a report that told us "1,000 Platinum Preppies" reported no problems, and "25 Platinum Preppies" leaked at the seal, burped at the feed... Just for some good sampling, ay?
    Last edited by jde; May 19th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jde For This Useful Post:

Dreck (January 30th, 2016)

Thanks

Jde and Mhosea, good thoughts from both of you. I guess I'm lucky with no burps in Edison's only. In fact I'd be surprised if I got any burping with Edison's. I went with Ink droppers primarily because I got tired of ink adhesion in twist converters. And those converters are usually Schmidt. Converters are another story, for another thread.

Here's a new question. Summer is here and hot weather is here. That would increase the chances of burping ? Correct ?

Thanks

Thanks for all of your informative and interesting responses. Looks like I might try a different ink and less full if I try with the penmanship again. For now I've put a cartridge in it but I have a guider Ed pocket pen which has been awesome so far, really lovely to write with.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jde View Post
    FYI: The average pen barrel holds 3ml of ink; from the Edison to the Platinum Preppy. Less than that seems like, well, gee willikers, Mr. Wilson, I may has well use a cart or a converter. But that's just me...
    Personally, I may as well use a cartridge or converter, anyway. ED conversions? Been there, done that. Had my fun. For me it's a path to restore a pen to use that would otherwise be too difficult to restore. I never do it anymore when the original filling system works.
    --
    Mike