Thread: Executive Journal from Staples - surprise find !

Thanks

Red face Executive Journal from Staples - surprise find !

I've run across a couple of large format Journals from Staples that are extremely smooth, and have absolutely no leak thru. Pretty amazing really for a product from Staples, and for only $20 Canadian. I tracked down the Company and its called winnable.com. They are the supplier. You cannot buy from Winnable.

Here's some information on the Journal from the website .. the journal is available with a dark blue, brown and black cover.
    Executive Journal — Key Features:
    Textured Leather-Like Cover
    Section Sewn Bound
    Cream Colored Paper - lined
    Ribbon Bookmark & Head & Tail Band
    152 pages 11'' by 8 1/2

I'm thoroughly amazed at the performance of this paper. I have no idea the thickness - but it's so smooth and no ghosting or leak thru on following pages. Pretty amazing really for $20. And that's Canadian for our US friends. I wonder if all their offerings are that good. (no affiliation - just a satisfied customer)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

MechanicalAnalogy (January 2nd, 2014), Senecabud (December 31st, 2013)

Thanks

Default Re: Executive Journal from Staples - surprise find !

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I've run across a couple of large format Journals from Staples that are extremely smooth, and have absolutely no leak thru. Pretty amazing really for a product from Staples, and for only $20 Canadian. I tracked down the Company and its called winnable.com. They are the supplier. You cannot buy from Winnable.

Here's some information on the Journal from the website .. the journal is available with a dark blue, brown and black cover.
    Executive Journal — Key Features:
    Textured Leather-Like Cover
    Section Sewn Bound
    Cream Colored Paper - lined
    Ribbon Bookmark & Head & Tail Band
    152 pages 11'' by 8 1/2

I'm thoroughly amazed at the performance of this paper. I have no idea the thickness - but it's so smooth and no ghosting or leak thru on following pages. Pretty amazing really for $20. And that's Canadian for our US friends. I wonder if all their offerings are that good. (no affiliation - just a satisfied customer)
    Could you post some pics?

Thanks

Default Re: Executive Journal from Staples - surprise find !

Woody, I would appreciate a picture(s) also to know what to look for. Thanks in advance.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.