Thread: How to get this pen?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Default How to get this pen?

Hi all,

the geeks posted an article about the new penna magazine (issue 2!) coming out, and of course, I read it. The most interesting pen (imho) was the Lus Giubileo 53, a awesome parker 51 like pen with a twist! (literally). I love the looks, the quality (at least from the pics and description), and the overall idea! Especially for taking notes in school--the adjustable nib would be great for "bad" paper.

But then I searched the pen on google, and the ONLY result relevant was the one reffering to this new Penna issue Does anyone know how I could obtain of of these? Any ideas on the price? ( the article describes them as being affordable....but that means very different things depending on your financial situation...)

Thanks!

Will

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Since it's a vintage Italian pen I'm guessing it's not going to be easy to find. I would start by contacting the people at Penna and let them know you want one. Maybe someone there has a connection.

Thanks

great idea! I searched it on google italy, and also found more results there (thought none for sale.)

All i can hope is that I could get one for under $200 (I guess we all have no idea about the price of this pen. ) I might also try posting a WTB topic on an italian pen forum, you never know.......

Will

Thanks

If anyone hear knows a drop of Italian:

Here's the letter i sent to them:

Ciao,
    Ho letto il tuo numero di vendemmia due questioni, e sono diventati incuriosito con il Giubileo Lus 53. Sembra ad esempio una penna awesome! Sapete di chi ha uno di questi in vendita? Sono davvero non riesce a spendere molto più di $ 180 USD, quindi non so se avrei potuto anche ottenere una di queste penne in primo luogo. Se questo messaggio non ha molto senso, è perché sono dagli Stati Uniti, e ha utilizzato un traduttore per tradurre questo!

Grazie mille,

William Platt

Thanks

Can definitely tell you used a translator- bunch of grammatical mistakes. However, they should be able to pick up on your question and help you out. Out of curiosity, what was the exact phrasing of your first sentence (pre-comma)?

Thanks

I didn't save the english I think I said: Hello, I read your vintage Issue number two, ........

Andy, did I at least get the part were I tell them I used a translator correct?

I joined the italian forum, and also a spanish forum (which should be fun as I take spanish in school, and it is one of my favorite classes!)

Will

Thanks

Haha you did. My cousin was just in italy and I asked her to look for vintage pens for me. She didn't have much luck though :/. But if I find a pen I can have it shipped to some relatives .

Good luck on your quest!

Thanks

Thanks!