Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notebook/pen holster... thing?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Default Re: Notebook/pen holster... thing?

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    Interesting case. Might work, but would restrict what I carry. I'm kind of persnickety about pens not touching each other. Or at least I'd need a nice soft cloth to roll the pens in before they went in the case, which is likely more trouble than it is worth.
    Yeah, the Pelikan Toledos were only the models; they ride in a different, slotted pen case.

Right now, the case holds one Kaweco Liliput ballpen and three skinny, short mechanical vintage pencils - and sometimes I'll put a Chapstick in there and coins.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,008 Times in 819 Posts

Hi kia
    There is no need to worry about financing anything at my end the only thing I dont have is a piece of elastic and i am sure I can find something

Michael

Thanks

May not need elastic, if it's modeled for one size of Midori. I'm wondering if a 2-pen slip over could be made that has measured slots on either side to slip the cover through. Still thinking on it, lol.

Thanks

I have recently acquired a midori style passport notebook for another project and notice that once you get two or three notebooks inside the cover is a little short.
    So I am thinking I will buy refills and make my own cover and if I am making a cover I could build in a pen holder.
    What do you think.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MY63 View Post
    I have recently acquired a midori style passport notebook for another project and notice that once you get two or three notebooks inside the cover is a little short.
    So I am thinking I will buy refills and make my own cover and if I am making a cover I could build in a pen holder.
    What do you think.
    You can buy the large clip on pen loop from Midori but even the large one is thin. The pen quiver would be an excellent project you will like.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

I have the Midori pen look and it is really meant for ballpoints, also offers zero protection! We'll see, have an ETSY person designing something.
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tandaina For This Useful Post:

inlovewithjournals (January 18th, 2014)

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the Midori pen look and it is really meant for ballpoints, also offers zero protection! We'll see, have an ETSY person designing something.
    Looking forward to seeing the finished design!
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inlovewithjournals View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the finished design!

Agreed!

Thanks

I never said the loop was great but for $8 or $10 dollars it holds a few of the thinner pens. FP Dilli, Parker 51, cross ballpoints, Jinhao Noodlers Ahab. Etc.

I am looking forward to seeing the Etsy options.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

I have two of these: one is adjustable and the other is fixed length. They work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by trhall View Post
    Different than the one you are looking at but I've been thinking of getting one of these journal Bandoliers for a while now. She makes custom ones as well:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/cleverhands

Thanks

I received a couple of the bandoliers last week. I took pictures, I'll have to post a thread review later.

I'm curious to see the Etsy custom sleeve Tandaina is getting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kia View Post
    I received a couple of the bandoliers last week. I took pictures, I'll have to post a thread review later.

I'm curious to see the Etsy custom sleeve Tandaina is getting.

Mine arrived also. It is in use, and I really like it. I look forward to your review!
    Beware of oblique conclusions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62 View Post
    I have two of these: one is adjustable and the other is fixed length. They work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by trhall View Post
    Different than the one you are looking at but I've been thinking of getting one of these journal Bandoliers for a while now. She makes custom ones as well:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/cleverhands
    I purchased one from Clever Hands, as well. It's stretchy and fits over my large leuchtturm. I find it useful for transporting the notebook with one or two pens. I have to slide it off the notebook in order to open it though.

Thanks

I like the bandolier concept you are all posting. Thanks for including an Etsy link.

Thanks

I wanted to share my ideas on this subject I ordered a midori style notebook to see how they worked when it arrived I noticed just like the yt video I watched once two or three notebooks were added the cover was alittle short.

i considered two options one was to add more width to the cover and form an area down the spine almost like a false spine to slot a pen into but decided against that option.

So I chose this option pictures may explain it better. It is glued together and made from scaps please imagine high quality veg tanned leather and hand stitching.

IMG_6365 by my0771, on Flickr

The passport style notebook and its cover are laid in place there is a pelkan 100 n in the slot this slot will take pens upto 18mm in diameter.

IMG_6366 by my0771, on Flickr

End view with pen and notebook in place.

IMG_6372_1 by my0771, on Flickr

I would love to see anyone elses ideas and would be happy to help anyone who would like to have a go at making their own it would be easy to put a lid on the pen case and for added protection the pen case could be lined with kydex a hard thermo plastic.

Michael

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MY63 For This Useful Post:

AndyT (January 21st, 2014), ethernautrix (January 21st, 2014), jde (January 25th, 2014)

Thanks

Great idea and a welcome improvement.

Thanks

In order to make my own cover in a Midori style case I needed some elastic and some charm type items to make off the ends and hide the joins in the elastic this is what I have come up with the are advertised as Tibetan silver bead cones but I think they will do the job nicely.

IMG_6397_1 by my0771, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Michael

Thanks

Put me down for an unrepentantly low slung and utterly unnecessary Han Solo-esque pen holster.
    Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : '70s Pilot Elite pocket pen review

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Flounder For This Useful Post:

salve7 (January 28th, 2014)

Thanks

My first notebook is now almost complete I have left the edges a little long just in case I decide to add a pen holder.

IMG_6431 by my0771, on Flickr

IMG_6429_1 by my0771, on Flickr

I have ordered some Midori full size refills I will get some better leather later in the week.
    Thanks for looking

Michael

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MY63 For This Useful Post:

AndyT (January 27th, 2014)

Thanks

Sweet!
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain