Thread: 2014 Standard Memorandum by Word. Notebooks

Thanks

Default 2014 Standard Memorandum by Word. Notebooks

For the review with all of the images click here: http://penpaperinkletter.com/2014-standard-memorandum-word-notebooks/

This is the 2014 Standard Memorandum daily record book by Word. Notebooks. It is a quite small (2.35″ x 5.25″) daily journal for you to record your daily activities. It isn’t near big enough to be a diary which actually frees you to use it as it was intended to simply record a few bits of each day. I can imagine myself, or my children, flipping through this in years to come and enjoying the brevity yet completeness of the record.

Attachment 8463

From Word. Notebooks website:

Inspired by pocket journals from the early to mid 1900′s, The Standard Memorandum is designed to chronicle a year of your life. Word. has teamed up with designer and illustrator, Jon Contino, to create a modern version of this storied notebook. The Standard Memorandum is laid out so you simply jot down a line or two every day for a year and are left with a memento you can save or pass down. The project began after Jon discovered his wife’s great-grandfather’s pocket journals from the early 1900′s that basically recreated what his life was like. Born out of a desire to start doing this himself, Jon partnered with Word. Notebooks to create a journal like the ones he found. The Standard Memorandum is that journal.

Attachment 8464

I’ve started to list the high and low temp for each day below the date on each day and then post significant events in the rest of the space. I’ve flirted with also putting the rainfall totals of each day but I don’t know if I am old enough to do that without it being weird yet.

Attachment 8465

I don’t want to overstate this but I honestly think this notebook could be one that get people that have moved to digital back to pen and paper where others might fail. It lets you include important info about yourself, your vehicle, your birthdays, events and holidays and there are three blank pages for additional notes. You can take it with you but I just put it on the nightstand and add my few lines each night when I go to bed. As the year continues I may carry it more as it fills with more info I might want to reference on the run. It really is small and with the leather cover also available from Word. Notebooks I could even see it staying in a front pocket.

Attachment 8466

It also has the higher quality paper in the rest of Word. Notebooks so I have been using my fountain pen with no bleedthrough which is a major plus to me. They are also made in the USA with acid free paper that should last for many years.

Attachment 8467

You can still get one for $11 and even if you don’t start on January first you can pick up and move forward. You might even be able to grab a note or two from past emails to fill in the empties if you need it to feel complete. I hope they release a similar sized one in upcoming years so I can keep the run going!

-Heath
    @WeThePPIL

This product was provided by Word. Notebooks for review. There was no monetary compensation for the review and all opinions in the review are mine.

Thanks

Default Re: 2014 Standard Memorandum by Word. Notebooks

What is the shipping on these?

T

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scrivelry View Post
    What is the shipping on these?

T
    I know Zeller Writing Co just got these in ....
    http://www.zellerwritingcompany.com/...wn-013-sdm.htm

Heath, nice review! Thanks... I may have to order one now

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 4,019 Posts

I have one of these - it really makes you condense your day down into the tightest distillation of experience...

IMG_0371.JPG
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

The depth of the toilet space is equally important. This measurement refers to the distance from the wall or any other obstruction to the front of the toilet bowl. It's crucial to have enough legroom and clearance to sit comfortably on the toilet without feeling cramped. Additionally, consider the space required for the toilet tank, as some models may protrude further from the wall. you can look here