Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italix Parson's Essential - Amber

Thanks

Default Re: Italix Parson's Essential - Amber

Quote Originally Posted by 85AKbN View Post
    Got my Italix Parson's Essential (fine nib) a couple of hours ago, inked her up with Noodler's black. I can't believe it's 35 grams / 1.2 oz. Dosen't feel heavy whatsoever. Writes fine unposted. Came with the celtic knot design. I like the fine nib - smooth, and it is a wet writer, which I like. No IPG markings on the nib - just Italix, the F, and the swirls on each side. I think I've found that weight matters more to me on the low end - when you start getting toward the Safari's 17 grams - losing any heft.
    I've just weighed mine uncapped and unposted and it comes in at around 20gms so a good chunk of the weight is in the cap. I don't post pens so for me it's fine and well balanced.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie For This Useful Post:

85AKbN (January 11th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Got my Italix Parson's Essential (fine nib) a couple of hours ago, inked her up with Noodler's black. I can't believe it's 35 grams / 1.2 oz. Dosen't feel heavy whatsoever. Writes fine unposted. Came with the celtic knot design. I like the fine nib - smooth, and it is a wet writer, which I like. No IPG markings on the nib - just Italix, the F, and the swirls on each side. I think I've found that weight matters more to me on the low end - when you start getting toward the Safari's 17 grams - losing any heft.
    I've just weighed mine uncapped and unposted and it comes in at around 20gms so a good chunk of the weight is in the cap. I don't post pens so for me it's fine and well balanced.
    Thanks for that info. You're right, unposted it's just fine and at 20g, that's lighter than my posted Lamy 2000 (25g).

Thanks

Thanks for that info. You're right, unposted it's just fine and at 20g, that's lighter than my posted Lamy 2000 (25g).
    Interesting as I've always thought of the Lamy 2000 being a relatively light weight pen. Just weighed mine and posted it's 23gms. In doing so, it reminds me to actually use it which I will be doing for the rest of the day, so thanks.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/peachez

Thanks

Interesting as I've always thought of the Lamy 2000 being a relatively light weight pen. Just weighed mine and posted it's 23gms. In doing so, it reminds me to actually use it which I will be doing for the rest of the day, so thanks.
    Getting the Lamy 2000 out - always a good thing.

Thanks

This is quite a tempting pen. I'm going to need to put this one the wanted list.

Thanks

Daily carry at the moment and the clip is not overly tight clipping and unclipping into a front, thigh cargo pocket. I imagine this was fixed from early IPEs.

Thanks

I just joined FPG. I only started using FP's a month ago after being away from them for over 40 years. After seeing so much positive chatter about the Parson' Essential I ordered one last night. I ordered the amber in medium italic. Alas, I am in Canada so I will have to wait a bit longer before getting it.
    Thanks Annie for a wonderfully complete review.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeChef View Post
    I just joined FPG. I only started using FP's a month ago after being away from them for over 40 years. After seeing so much positive chatter about the Parson' Essential I ordered one last night. I ordered the amber in medium italic. Alas, I am in Canada so I will have to wait a bit longer before getting it.
    Thanks Annie for a wonderfully complete review.
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

When you receive it I am sure you will not be disappointed with the pen. I have 3 Italix of that particular model with different nibs and they are great.

Kind regards,

Rui

Thanks

I have been considering either getting a Parson's Essential or a Goulet Nib to put on my Jinhao X450 or the X750. Has anybody tried that combination before? Which one do you think would be best?

Also, has anybody tried the Fine Italic Parson's Essential? How crispy is it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avastgard View Post
    I have been considering either getting a Parson's Essential or a Goulet Nib to put on my Jinhao X450 or the X750. Has anybody tried that combination before? Which one do you think would be best?
    I have a set of Jinhao 750s, one with each of the Goulet nibs. The EF nib is a little scratchy, but that is to be expected. The rest are really sweet. There are no italic nibs in the set, though, just stubs.
    Trying to save the day for the Old World man
    Trying to pave the way for the Third World man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker62 View Post
    I have a set of Jinhao 750s, one with each of the Goulet nibs. The EF nib is a little scratchy, but that is to be expected. The rest are really sweet. There are no italic nibs in the set, though, just stubs.
    You mean the Goulets have only stubs?

Thanks

They have EF, F, M, and B regular nibs and 1.1 and 1.5 stub nibs. I think they call them italic nibs on their website, but they feel more like a stub to me...of course, I could be wrong. It's happened before!
    Trying to save the day for the Old World man
    Trying to pave the way for the Third World man

Thanks

Thanks

Got My Amber PE the other day, fitted with a fine cursive stub. If I can quote the Krankies - and I'm mildly ashamed that I can - Fandabbydozy. Thanks to Annie I wasn't sure which colour scheme to go with until I saw your pictures above. The Amber PE is simply stunning.

Thanks

First I want to point out the Parson's Essential has a #5 sized nib, the same as on the TWSBI 580, and the others are no. 6. Generally stubs have tipping materials, the Goulet tips do not, they are more like a cursive italic, or a rounded italic. The parson's essential is very crisp and unless you write slowly may dig into the paper.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Austin_Malone For This Useful Post:

Avastgard (July 14th, 2014)