Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Baystate Blue advisory by Richard Binder

Thanks

I was testing 11 new ink samples last week and I noticed that BSB spread like an oil slick when I dipped the nib in water to clean it. Have not seen that from any other ink(so far).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

that is wierd....i hope you didn't stain your sink.

Will

Thanks

Default Re: New Baystate Blue advisory by Richard Binder

[QUOTE=Sailor Kenshin;8435]
    Quote Originally Posted by dgator View Post
    +1

If I owned BSB, I would certainly try it in a Pilot 78G or Sheaffer No Nonsense. What would I have to lose? $10?.
    I have a blue Pilot Plumix pen (very cheap) and when the cartridge ran out, I refilled it by syringe with some sample BayState Blue. (Out of curiosity). I thought I didn't like the color so much, but when I write a grocery list of my To Do list, it has a better look with the BSB. It also looks good inside the blue barrel, and writes nicely with the Plumix nib.

Sent from the iPhone of Madame X.

Thanks

Default Re: New Baystate Blue advisory by Richard Binder

I am aware of the concerns posted and I think it was likely gleaned off Richard's website or from Peter Laywine. I love the colour of this ink though and it is a top 5 favourite colour. I like its bullet proof qualities and bleach and.water has helped me clean the demonstrator TWSBI 540 I use along with a Serwex pen and.this ink. I think it.would work well in my Dilli and a few other less expensive pens!

Anyone.who has not tried Baystate.Blue.or Plains.of Abraham has to try this stuff.....Noodlers makes great bullet proof serious ink!

Mags sent from my blackberry playbook using tapatalks
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.