Thread: Challenge! Presidents' Day International, Rules and Uglies

Thanks

Exclamation Challenge! Presidents' Day International, Rules and Uglies

This is the rules and disclaimer post for the actual challenge/contest post, which is located HERE.

WHY DID I CALL IT THE PRESIDENTS’ DAY INTERNATIONAL?

Presidents’ Day this year is February 17, 2014. In the US, Presidents’ Day is a federal holiday honoring Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Both of these presidents were born in the month of February. There is history and other remembrances throughout our nation, but I chose this date not only for the presidents, but because it adds a little for me as my grandmother also shared a birthday with President Lincoln, and I like to remember her as much as I can, the best I can. So, in honor of Presidents’ Day - and my grandmother - I am offering you a challenge and an opportunity to champion my cause, fight off the competition and receive a gift. Also, the timing is right, and I’m doing this just because I can at this moment, and it will be the last time I can do something like this for a very long time to come.

And, international because…

ELIGIBILITY FOR THE PRESIDENTS’ DAY INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE:

ALL registered users of FPGeeks are eligible to enter, including Admin and international members located anywhere in the world where the USPS will deliver (it is unfortunate that there are some countries where mail will not be accepted from, and/or cannot be delivered from, the United States and for this I do apologize).

Minors must have parent/guardian approval (I won’t make you give it to me, but they need to be informed) because you will need to provide personal data to receive the gift, and possibly need to tap into a money source if you get spend happy if you are the champion, and providing personal data without your parents’ or guardians’ permission is a definite no-no.

DISCLAIMERS:

Yes, this is legitimate. Yes, the prize will be awarded.

This contest is designed to be fun, and I sincerely hope you will have as much fun participating as I hope to be in reading the entries and selecting my champion.

I will be the sole determiner of the challenge champion through reading entries and posts and comments along the challenge journey. I will be judging based on creativity (not penmanship), and my decision is final.

The Goulet Pen Company and Edison Pen company are not sponsors of this challenge. I requested and received their respective permissions to use their names, photographs and services; however, I am the sole “financier” of this challenge, and I chose the gift and from whom I wanted it, and I am not receiving any freebies or discounts for this challenge or for promoting either company. I am not an affiliate with either company.

FPGeeks is not profiting from this challenge. Admin very kindly gave me permission to post this challenge. This is from me to you, from within a place I like to be.

THE VERY IMPORTANT “FINE PRINT:”

The challenge champion should send me a PM after the challenge has ended and I have posted their win in order to provide necessary details for receiving the gift (name, address, contact information, etc.). The champion must respond within 2 weeks, or I will award the challenge gift to the individual I have decided as next runner up. This is so the Goulet Pen Company will not have an unclaimed gift certificate and services on their books, as well as being able for me to make sure the gift will be able to be claimed. There is no expiration (expiry) date for the gift certificate itself, but a year from now, if we haven’t been in contact, there is no guarantee MY memory or pocketbook will still be intact, and I want to make sure the challenge gift gets into your hands.

No substitution of the Edison Pen for another brand pen, other merchandise or credit. The Edison Pen is part of my gift package as I chose it to be. What you do with the pen after you receive it is entirely up to you, however.

The champion will be responsible for any merchandise costs over the balance of the gift certificate (i.e., you’ve gone through and picked your items and you have $5 left to go on the gift certificate, but that last bottle of ink you’re eying costs $12.50 - if you decide to get it, you will pay the additional $7.50 over the gift certificate balance of $5 and it will ship with your package).

THESE NEXT POINTS ARE BIGGIES – FOR YOU AND FOR ME - SO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND PLEASE ASK ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL

BONUS: I will be helping to pay the shipping costs for the challenge gift to anywhere in the world where USPS will deliver! If you are the challenge champion, contact me after the challenge has ended and I will let you know the details! This means you will be receiving the entire value of the $250 USD challenge gift!

If you are the champion and you live outside of the USA, you will be responsible for the import, duty, taxes, and/or other fees associated with receipt of this gift package in your country. Correct and proper value of the package will be noted on the international mailing forms.

The Goulet Pen Company, Edison Pen and I cannot replace any item of this gift that your country may confiscate, reject, or “lose” for whatever reason. Please keep these points and your country’s import regulations in mind. I can afford these gifts only one time. If you are ok with these risks for yourself, then please don’t hesitate to enter this challenge.

A challenge is also being run separately in another pen community, with its own separate and like gift. If you are a member there, sure, you can enter there, too… but… you cannot win twice. I will be choosing champion there based on that community’s entries only, and a champion here based on this community’s entries only. I am the sole judge and awarder, and I am going to be reading all the entries from each challenge separately, but I will still be reading them all. Since only the entries on one community will be considered for that community’s gift, it could be possible to win a gift in one forum if you do not win the other, if you’ve entered both challenges, but a single individual still cannot win both gifts from both forums. No double dipping, per se. Also, please do not cross post comments to each other’s forums regarding these respective challenges. I, alone, am responsible for this challenge, and I simply want as many of my fellow pen enthusiasts as possible to have the opportunity to participate in what I hope will be a very fun time, and which just also happens to have a little something extra and special by way of a gift from me to you.

These are my rules, please respect them.

Kimy
    Last edited by kia; January 17th, 2014 at 09:25 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kia For This Useful Post:

caribbean_skye (January 18th, 2014), Cookies (January 17th, 2014), Jon Szanto (January 17th, 2014), KrazyIvan (January 17th, 2014), reprieve (January 17th, 2014), subramaniyam (January 17th, 2014), swanjun (February 4th, 2014), Tony Rex (January 17th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

Default Re: Challenge! Presidents' Day International, Rules and Uglies

You may be a little crazy, but it's that good kind of crazy. Thanks for including FPG in your Challenge, Kia!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

I'm still clueless what the challenge entails? What are folk supposed to do?

MisterBoll

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    What are folk supposed to do?
    Let your intuition guide you?

I'm just as blank as you are.

Thanks

Heh, this is the rules post. Go to the challenge post here http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....ational-Part-1

I'm sorry, I should have linked back to the original post, as well.