Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new pen, returned for skipping, reasonable turnaround time?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: new pen, returned for skipping, reasonable turnaround time?

I agree with mhosea. Return shipping should be on you but the cost for shipping from the retailer/warranty site to your address should be on their dime. I have dealt with electronic item warranty repair and that is what I have experienced. One pen retailer that I had exchange my pen sent me my new pen with a return shipping label (insured and track-able). They just told me to pack the old pen in the packaging of the new pen, slap the label on the box and drop it in any USPS mail drop.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

It varies, but I would not expect to pay for the repaired item to be returned to me.

Buy your next pen from someone else, if you don't like it. For what it's worth, I have had mixed results buying pens/nibs from nibmeisters, and now won't really pay much extra for the privilege. As long as I can return a pen, I will buy from wherever is cheapest.

Thanks

I would expect each person sending the pen to pay their own shipping.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 85AKbN View Post
    So, new pen, problem with skipping, I am charged $8.00 for return shipping back for repair. FP is fixed, I am now charged $17.00 to get my pen back, and am told that this is the same across the industry: buyer pays return shipping on repair on a new pen under warranty. Is this true?
    Like the others I would find that unacceptable. You should not be expected to pay for anything if the product is defective OOTB. I have never had to pay to return a defective or incorrectly sent item. All around this sounds like a disappointing customer service experience. I would appreciate knowing which site you purchased from as I would like to steer clear of them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:

ChrisC (January 27th, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 85AKbN View Post
    So, new pen, problem with skipping, I am charged $8.00 for return shipping back for repair. FP is fixed, I am now charged $17.00 to get my pen back, and am told that this is the same across the industry: buyer pays return shipping on repair on a new pen under warranty. Is this true?
    Perhaps a misunderstanding. I suggest a nice email reminding them it is a new pen bought from them.

Thanks

Full disclosure.

I purchased a ********** FP on the day before Christmas Eve and had it in my hand on Christmas Eve. Wow. Speed of light shipping. It was given as a gift on Christmas day and recipient requested an exchange for a Pelikan M800 (for me) two days later, per return policy. ******** price ($XXX.00), M800 $XXX.00, difference $30.00 credit). I returned the ********* in pristine condition, as I received it and received no feedback on the product being received as it was shipped, new, in box. I received the M800 and proceeded to write with it and discovered the periodic skipping. Called and was told to send it back. Asked who paid shipping, I was told I would incur the cost. Asked if they could use the $30.00 credit for the return shipping. They told me that was fine.

This is not a big deal with me. I want to continued to do business with them. As stated in the op, this is just an rfi.

eta: Resolved (Above and beyond the call...).

Please lock.
    Last edited by 85AKbN; January 27th, 2014 at 05:34 PM.