Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here Come The Vac 700's

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

MORE PICS!!!! says the baby!

Will

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

and how big is it? speedy said it was bigger than the m800 sized 540!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

Cool pen. coupla thoughts.
    It CAN hold more ink than the 540, but usually won't. This does not matter because you've got a lifetime's supply of ink in there regardless.
    The cap posting ring cures the piston twist problem of the 540, but as far as I can tell it wouldn't even be a problem with the vac-filler.
    The nib is enormous. Wow!

I hope they sell a million of em. I hope they make a slip-cap pen sometime. I'll keep my 540 as it's just a brilliant piece of write, but my brain melts a little every time I need to write something but I'm twisting a cap off instead..........

Thanks

Yay! My wife was home early and was actually here when the mail arrived. I won't have to go to the post office on Wednesday to pick it up. I have my 700!!

For those that haven't seen it yet, Dan posted a video overview of the 700 today. http://fpgeeks.com/2012/04/hands-on-...ideo-overview/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 543 Posts

As for me, despite I'm sure providing a shipping address, mine came today to my house and no one was home. Off to the Post office tomorrow. Ugh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

well bleh... it feels like it is dragging and skipping on the first letter.. time to wash it out and then try again tomorrow. But something just doesn't feel right. The tines look aligned. The slit starts wider and gets narrower towards the tip. However, the slit changes rapidly at the tip and goes to nothing. I dunno... I guess I am about to ruin a nib.

Thanks

Finally! I picked it up from the Post Office this afternoon (actuality I went before work thinking they opened at 8:30, but no, they opened at 9.) Inked it with Private Reserve Chocolat which looks very sharp in the amber barrel and began to write. Smooth and effortless right out of the box. I won't do a detailed review, but I'm very pleased.

To continue to diminish the place of the handwritten in our lives is to diminish, in a small but real way, our humanity. Philip Hensher

Dunno ergo sum

Thanks

Got mine this morning, preordered from TWD here in the UK. The blue one. Very nice it is too - a lovely sapphire blue, with an enormous, silky smooth M nib. Flow is very regular and it has excellent balance and general feel. It's the sort of pen that would be a pleasure to write a novel with, which is handy as that's what I'd planned to do with it in a couple of months (nanowrimo summer camp).

Thanks

Just ordered my vac 700 in smoke with a fine nib along with a medium nib for the 540 ans a retractable black .05 mm twsbi pencil

Thanks

Did anyone else have to do a ton of work to their nib to get it to write properly? I spent the last two days reshaping the tines so they wern't bowed towards the top of the nib. I finally have it writting with just a hint of dryness at first. I didn't mind having to play with the nib but it's the most work I've had to do on an out of the box pen in a long time. Just curious if others are seeing the same thing. My nib was a broad nib btw, it is putting down a line just a hair wider then a medium on the 540 now. I love the pen though. It is so cool watching the ink shoot up into the barrel! I got mine in Amber from the Goulets.

Thanks

No problem here. Perfect right out of the box.

Dunno ergo sum

jor412

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinal View Post
    Flow is very regular and it has excellent balance and general feel.
    I have an Amber in EF and this is my experience, as well. Regular flow, excellent balance.