Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your dog(s)

Thanks

Default Re: Show us your dog(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyorange View Post
    My sweet chihuahua passed away on Saturday. It was sudden and now life is empty without Tyson's presence. He was my child. Dogs certainly have a way to wiggly themselves into your heart for a lifetime.
    Awww Crazyorange! So sorry to hear about Tyson. Our four-legged friends are so precious. Condolences.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jde For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (March 8th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 85AKbN View Post
    Igo, the Maltese with ease. Adopted after his owner passed away. Her husband drove him from San Diego to southern Nevada. His favorite thing? Two words - dog park.
    Your photos of Igo are so happy! Love him.

Thanks

i was at the dog park last night, kind of late, this guy walking his dog outside shouted if they ever closed. we got to talking and got a look at his dog - it was a wolf. huge. he was a vietnam vet and we got to talking about the crime in the area, people walking round jiggling car doors, stealing gas. a car comes by looking for their black shih tzu. then another car, looking for the same dog. we're right at the edge of town and the desert beyond with coyotes. i hear they lure dogs to come play with them, not knowing they're the main course on their menu. there's always lost dog postups for lost dogs.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,794 Times in 1,645 Posts

My sweet chihuahua passed away on Saturday. It was sudden and now life is empty without Tyson's presence. He was my child. Dogs certainly have a way to wiggly themselves into your heart for a lifetime.
    Oh crazyorange, I can't stand it. What a little dear heart! My best to you.

Still mourning for my Finn gone two years now. My husband, (who is a funeral director) says that people seem to grieve harder over their pets than they do for humans...
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Thank you so much for your kid words. I find myself everyday saying out loud "I miss you Tyson ". Helps me feel better to say out loud.

This is Bentley. He's a yorkie. I've been fostering him on the weekends for several months. I decided to adopted him. He's a hard case. He was physically abused in the past - mostly kicked. Bentley's gut response is to bite feet. The organization he was left at got a dog trainer involved, worked with him for 6 months before I started fostering him. We have rough moments but they are becoming actions of the past. It's been great to see him relearn to trust and blossom with affection.

Though I miss Tyson very much, I think he would want me to open my heart to another needy dog.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Crazyorange For This Useful Post:

85AKbN (March 11th, 2014), ethernautrix (March 12th, 2014), Hamtaro84 (January 14th, 2016), jde (March 20th, 2014), kia (March 11th, 2014), KKay (December 25th, 2015), Mortiana27 (March 11th, 2014), MY63 (March 12th, 2014), reprieve (March 12th, 2014), Tracy Lee (March 13th, 2014)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Crazyorange;70437]Thank you so much for your kid words. I find myself everyday saying out loud "I miss you Tyson ". Helps me feel better to say out loud.

This is Bentley. He's a yorkie. I've been fostering him on the weekends for several months. I decided to adopted him. He's a hard case. He was physically abused in the past - mostly kicked. Bentley's gut response is to bite feet. The organization he was left at got a dog trainer involved, worked with him for 6 months before I started fostering him. We have rough moments but they are becoming actions of the past. It's been great to see him relearn to trust and blossom with affection.

Though I miss Tyson very much, I think he would want me to open my heart to another needy dog.[/QUOTE

Bentley will never replace Tyson in your heart, but what an opportunity you have now. You and Bentley can help heal each other.
    Draw close. Hold hands. Life is short. God is good. - Jan Karon

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiffanyhenschel For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (March 11th, 2014), cwent2 (March 11th, 2014)

Thanks

Thank you so much for your kid words. I find myself everyday saying out loud "I miss you Tyson ". Helps me feel better to say out loud.

Though I miss Tyson very much, I think he would want me to open my heart to another needy dog.

You will give each other just what you both need most. Caring and healing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kia For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (March 12th, 2014)

Thanks

Bentley is a cutie. Love will change him.

We rescued a dog Bandit and he hated men. He.....finally comes to me and will happily get his love rubs on his belly but it took over a year to build the trust.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

This is good news, crazyorange! [I hope Bentley took a few toes off the nasty person who kicked him.]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,008 Times in 819 Posts

Well done Crazyorange fostering rescue dogs is very rewarding ou current foster dog is number 47 ish my children keep count.
    She came from another rescue and we were unsure of her name so we went through the alphabet making the sounds aaaa
    Bbbbb ccccc I am sure you get the idea when we got to ttttttt she jumped up and took notice after 10 minutes we came up with Tia and she answered to it straight away.
    So Tia has settled quite well although she still chases shadows and fluff and her tail if none of those are available she runs around in circles, slightly slower now but at least she won't be put to sleep.

Michael

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

I'm sorry for your loss, crazyorange. I think Tyson approves of your adopting Bentley, would probably tell him he's in good hands now.

Thanks

Here is Łapa really, really wanting that cup of coffee.

Really.

iT-20140226 8220 ?apa.jpg

I love that Łapa gets super excited to see me when I return to the apartment, even if I've been gone for only ten or fifteen minutes. She wags her tail wildly and dances around at my feet and "sings" the "I'm deliriously happy that you're here!" song. So when M brings her back from even a short walk, I reciprocate with a delirious greeting. She is so cute, cos she walks through the door and heads right for me, tail wagging, so happy! And I stop whatever I'm doing and rub her head and back and "sing" my greeting, which is just me sounding super excited while saying, "Łapa! Łapa! You're back! Oh my god, I'm so happy to see you!" over and over. Our greeting ritual takes a couple of minutes. And I love the sound of her paws on the floor, as if she's tap-dancing. Such a lovely dog.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

Mortiana27 (March 13th, 2014), Steph (March 19th, 2014), Tracy Lee (March 13th, 2014), VertOlive (March 19th, 2014)

Thanks

Thanks again everyone. I do believe Bentley chomped some toes on the jerk who abused him. In fact I've had my toes chomped. My toes say no more thus they are warped in big fuzzy slippers for protection. What's weird ....Bentley only chomps the feet of his owner. So if someone broke into the house...my feet would get chomped...not the burglar. :/ Though his chomping action is far less. With time I think he will stop it.

My63 - thanks for rescuing too. Not every dog is perfect and it's great to hear about people who are willing to love a slightly off center dog.

Ethernatrix. - your dog is sooooo cute. I love his shaggy fur.

Thanks

Thanks again everyone. I do believe Bentley chomped some toes on the jerk who abused him. In fact I've had my toes chomped. My toes say no more thus they are warped in big fuzzy slippers for protection. What's weird ....Bentley only chomps the feet of his owner. So if someone broke into the house...my feet would get chomped...not the burglar. :/ Though his chomping action is far less. With time I think he will stop it.

My63 - thanks for rescuing too. Not every dog is perfect and it's great to hear about people who are willing to love a slightly off center dog.

Ethernatrix. - your dog is sooooo cute. I love his shaggy fur.
    Łapa is a rescue dog; M found her in a dumpster when she was a puppy, probably no more than three or four months old. Someone had thrown her away!

Łapa is now almost four. She is learning not to chase bicyclists and cars, but she is a fast runner! I race her on my bike, yelling at her back, "Shipko! Shipko!" (which is actually spelled "szybko." I found that out yesterday in Polski class.) and means "fast!" I'm yelling at her back, cos, you know, she's well ahead of me. Hahaha. Also, she has stopped barking at me the times she runs alongside me. (She's not aggressive at all. She's all bark and no bite. But we are teaching her to stop that, cos the barking scares the bicyclists that we're teaching her not to chase.) She just loves to run, but she needs a race buddy.

That's a cute story (cos it's not my feet getting chomped) that Bentley will chomp your feet, not the burglar's. He'll learn. I mean, I'm sure you'll teach him. Sounds like you have much patience and kindness, and Bentley will learn he can trust you.

Thanks, co. Łapa also has a lovely temperament, usually. She mouths off to other dogs - as long as she's on the leash. Hahaha.
    Last edited by ethernautrix; March 13th, 2014 at 04:16 AM. Reason: forgot my manners! 2nd-transposition!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

85AKbN (March 12th, 2014), Steph (March 19th, 2014)

Thanks

That's a great story ethernautrix. Our dog, Igo, is just past 3 and is so full of energy his nickname is muscle man.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 85AKbN For This Useful Post:

ethernautrix (March 13th, 2014)

Thanks

That's wonderful. Another person making a difference with mans best friend. I would love to see a pic with him running beside you

Thanks

This is Harley, my 60 pound bundle of adolescent awkwardness and unjudgemental love. He passed away today suddenly.
    Draw close. Hold hands. Life is short. God is good. - Jan Karon

25. The Following User Says Thank You to tiffanyhenschel For This Useful Post:

Mortiana27 (March 20th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhenschel View Post

This is Harley, my 60 pound bundle of adolescent awkwardness and unjudgemental love. He passed away today suddenly.
    Oh dear, such a handsome fellow. I am so very sorry.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to VertOlive For This Useful Post:

tiffanyhenschel (March 20th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhenschel View Post

Sorry for your loss.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 85AKbN For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Tiffany, I'm so sorry for your loss.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Steph For This Useful Post: