Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it really as bad as they say?

Thanks

Default Re: Is it really as bad as they say?

I have one of the sketching Moleskines, and due to the thicker paper there is no bleedthrough. I specifically got it for doodling.

The paper is substantially thicker, and there are fewer pages. I wish I had bought more, as they were on a clearance sale
    Wanted: Clever signature
    Apply in person....

Thanks

I bought the Moleskine (Soft Large Plain - Moleskine Classic) notebook from Waterstones at £13.99. This was before I had done my research (!). I won't make the same mistake again, horrible bleed through with even moderately wet pens plus the leather cover is breaking away from its lining and looks a mess after less than 1 week. AVOID!

My fault for not doing my research.

Jolltax
    Last edited by Jolltax; March 13th, 2014 at 02:02 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolltax For This Useful Post:

inlovewithjournals (April 16th, 2014), Newjelan (March 13th, 2014)

Thanks

This is hte biggest problem with Moleskine in that there is such a wide variability. I found that the earlier pocket versions that were not made in china have better quality paper and is why I purchased about a dozen of them over time from a local store. I'm using the calendar that was junk with some FPs except my fine 51. I like the form and have tried other replacements and just didn't like them.
    Be Here Now

Thanks

There's definitely a lot of variability with Moleskine paper. I have a large collection of Moleskines (mostly from before I used fountain pens exclusively) and while some of them can't handle double-sided writing, even with a dry ink an EF nib, others can. I have a few of the large format with grid lines that can handle even the wettest inks with no problem.

Thanks

They did produce a limited edition with thicker paper a bit glossy and stitched paper. It was almost a univ journal and red hard cover. $30 and no longer available. I wish I had 10 more.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jolltax View Post
    I bought the Moleskine (Soft Large Plain - Moleskine Classic) notebook from Waterstones at £13.99. This was before I had done my research (!). I won't make the same mistake again, horrible bleed through with even moderately wet pens plus the leather cover is breaking away from its lining and looks a mess after less than 1 week. AVOID!
    Is this a 240 page version? This paper is even thinner than the regular pocket (192 pages). The 240 version even has trouble with the widely advised gelpens like Uniball 207 and Pilot G2. I use this one only with ballpoint (Parker).
    here men from the pennet earth
    first set nib on the moon
    we came in peace for all penknid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erpe View Post
    Is this a 240 page version? This paper is even thinner than the regular pocket (192 pages). The 240 version even has trouble with the widely advised gelpens like Uniball 207 and Pilot G2. I use this one only with ballpoint (Parker).
    I am pretty sure its the 192 page version, I can;t really find anything to properly identify it. I have updated my post above with a photo and here is a quick snap of the outside cover in case anyone can identify it better than me!

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

What kids of things do you write for the 1000 words a day? How many pages is 1000 words a day?
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know

close to geographical center of the nation
    Thanks

What other items have you found? I have had not problems with Rhodia and other more pricey paper but would love to find an equivalent for less moola.
    Sandy
    We don't know what we don't know