Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Inks on your to-buy list

Thanks

Default Re: Inks on your to-buy list

You have to use another browser. This was happening to me with Safari and ios but worked with Chrome.

Thanks

Need a permanent, waterproof brown that has a nice bit of shading to it. This is proving to be a tall order. Noodler's #41 Brown fits the first two, but I must order a sample to test the latter.

I also want a bottle of Noodler's Empire Red. Goulet apparently used to stock the UK editions, but no more. I cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone know of another shady, waterproof, permanent red?

Correspondence achieved through the Apple-brand, wireless, telecommunication device belonging to yours truly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woosang View Post
    You have to use another browser. This was happening to me with Safari and ios but worked with Chrome.
    Hi if you're answering my question thankyou. I just tried Chrome and the same thing is happening. I've emailed them and they will manually process my orders.

If you're not answering my question thanks anyway

Thanks

1 x J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary Fountain Pen Ink - 50 ml Bottle - Rouge Hematite (J. HERBIN H150-26)
    1 x Diamine Ink for Fountain Pens - 80 ml Bottle - Red Dragon (DIAMINE INK 7077)
    1 x Diamine Ink for Fountain Pens - 80 ml Bottle - Turquoise Blue (DIAMINE INK 7003)

ordered
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyMcshroom View Post
    Need a permanent, waterproof brown that has a nice bit of shading to it. This is proving to be a tall order. Noodler's #41 Brown fits the first two, but I must order a sample to test the latter.

I also want a bottle of Noodler's Empire Red. Goulet apparently used to stock the UK editions, but no more. I cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone know of another shady, waterproof, permanent red?

Correspondence achieved through the Apple-brand, wireless, telecommunication device belonging to yours truly.
    I know you posted this several months ago, but thought my perspectives could help in your search...

I tested a few samples from Goulet's recently - Noodler's #41 Brown and Noodler's Whaleman's Sepia were in the mix (have a similar quest as you finding a great waterproof/permanent brown with great shading).

Straight from the 'bottle' both were solid colors and very saturated, though a bit on the dry side - little to zero shading though. Both are bombproof and didn't even move at ALL when submerged in water. With a 40-50% dilution of distilled water BOTH showed a bit more shading and it really increased the flow. I am still a beginner with FP and inks, but I really enjoyed the diluted colors better than full strength - might be your best bet for bombproof and great shading brown.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to benjitzu For This Useful Post:

kaisnowbird (December 26th, 2013)

Thanks

Anyone have any feedback on the Cultpens Deep Dark Series that is made for them by Diamine?

I'm very taken by the Deep Dark Red.

Thanks

After recent hype, I think I have added noodlers apache sunset to my next ink to buy. I would also eventually like to get black swan in australian roses.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldGreyGuy View Post
    Anyone have any feedback on the Cultpens Deep Dark Series that is made for them by Diamine?

I'm very taken by the Deep Dark Red.
    I have all the Deep Darks - the DD Red is my current favourite. I have my burgundy Parson's Essential permanently inked with it. It's very versatile - I use it for personal correspondence and also for work purposes. It performs and behaves well in the PE - no blotching or feathering on my usual papers. Good flow. A typical trouble-free Diamine. If I have time today I'll try to post a picture showing the ink in use, but I'm at work so may not be possible.

EDIT: Images attached. Sketch is on Rhodia No 16 Dot Grid using the Parson's Essential. Apologies for quality - taken with a phone camera & compressed for posting.

Attachment 8167Attachment 8168

My experience with all the other Deep Darks is similar.

I received the new DD Purple just before Xmas but have not yet had time to try it out. Will be loading up into my Pilot Namiki Falcon SF tomorrow.
    Last edited by migo984; December 30th, 2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Images added

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

OldGreyGuy (December 30th, 2013), reprieve (December 30th, 2013), ThriveToScribe (December 31st, 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    I have all the Deep Darks - the DD Red is my current favourite. I have my burgundy Parson's Essential permanently inked with it. It's very versatile - I use it for personal correspondence and also for work purposes. It performs and behaves well in the PE - no blotching or feathering on my usual papers. Good flow. A typical trouble-free Diamine. If I have time today I'll try to post a picture showing the ink in use, but I'm at work so may not be possible.

EDIT: Images attached. Sketch is on Rhodia No 16 Dot Grid using the Parson's Essential. Apologies for quality - taken with a phone camera & compressed for posting.

Attachment 8167Attachment 8168

My experience with all the other Deep Darks is similar.

I received the new DD Purple just before Xmas but have not yet had time to try it out. Will be loading up into my Pilot Namiki Falcon SF tomorrow.
    Thank you very much for the update and the images, lovely. I also did not know that the DD Purple was now out. Looks like I need to make another Cultpens order.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 1,647 Posts

Finally, favorites are beginning to emerge from the many samples I've been ordering and they go on my Buy-A-Bottle List as I decide:

J Herbin Hematite Rouge

Rohrer & Klingner Alt GoldGrun

J Herbin Lie de The

Pilot Iroshizuku Kosumosu

DeAtramentis Giacomo Puccini

Diamine Oxblood

Thanks

Diamine Steel Blue is the next one on the menu.
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Thanks

On my wishlist are:

Noodler's Kiowa Pecan, Golden Brown, Habanero, Beaver.

Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo and Shin-kai

The list, it grows and grows. I'll likely make a big ink order in February or March. Will try try try to hold off a bit. It's so hard! Impulse buying is waaay more fun.