Thread: Review: The "Inkstand" by Leslie Roscoe

Thanks

Default Review: The "Inkstand" by Leslie Roscoe

After seeing this thread, I contacted Leslie Roscoe to purchase one of his Inkstands. You can see some of Leslie's work in the thread, but he also makes bespoke Inkstands -- and I wanted one made of quarter-sawn oak that would hold two pens and an 80ml bottle of Diamine ink. I must note that it took many emails for me to decide on this, and Leslie was always extremely helpful, prompt, and courteous with his responses -- a real gentleman.

It didn't take long for my Inkstand to be built and shipped from Leslie's home in England to my home in the US -- and it was worth the (rather short) wait:

photo 2.JPG
    photo 3.JPG

Leslie makes these in so many varieties that it is pointless to quote my price -- but it was surprisingly inexpensive for something made-to-order, of relatively expensive wood, and shipped across the Atlantic Ocean -- less than the cost of a couple bottles of high-end ink!

Leslie can be reached at Inkstands@talktalk.net

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Koyote For This Useful Post:

Crazyorange (February 15th, 2014), kia (February 15th, 2014), mtnbiker62 (February 25th, 2014), reprieve (February 15th, 2014), shudaizi (February 26th, 2014), Tracy Lee (February 15th, 2014)