Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to fountain pens and writing period. Pun intended

Thanks

Default Re: New to fountain pens and writing period. Pun intended

Hi Joey! Welcome to the madness.

I got a Lamy as my first FP too. I got a black Al-Star with a fine nib. This was only back in August, and now I have about 20 pens. Yikes! I discovered them via Lifehacker. They periodically do this thing where they ask everyone to submit their favorite of a certain thing. Then they'll post the top 5, and everyone votes on that, and then they'll announce the #1 submission. This time they were doing notebooks. I love notebooks as much as I love pens, so of course I had to check it out, and when I did, I saw that they linked to the entry where they had done pens. Since I was like a kid in a candy shop every time I went into a Staples when I was younger, I was drawn to that pen post. It was like destiny. :P The Lamy Safari was one of the pens they listed in the top 5, and I thought the design was really neat. And then somehow I discovered some pen / office supply blogs, and thus my FP obsession was born.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Default Re: New to fountain pens and writing period. Pun intended

Hey Joey,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

Regards,
    Jon
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin