Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheaffer Fountain Pen Id

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Default Re: Sheaffer Fountain Pen Id

Quote Originally Posted by terim View Post
    Perhaps if I re-titled the pages "Sheaffer Gallery" it would set better with folks who thinks we are over-stating what we have done?
    Probably. I appreciate all efforts and recognize that the responsibility for deciding what is authoritative or not for my purpose is mine alone. I don't care too much about disputes that only Roger, Daniel, and "Lazard" and a handful of others are prepared to debate. If something is wrong in a caption, c'est la vie. Being "right" with Sheaffer seems to require the skill of seeing order in chaos, anyway. The only thing I really yearned for was a sense of the different scale of the different pens.
    --
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Hugh, Teri: I'm wondering if maybe a bit of collaboration could happen? Even if only a modest effort, seems like a great opportunity.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhosea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by terim View Post
    Perhaps if I re-titled the pages "Sheaffer Gallery" it would set better with folks who thinks we are over-stating what we have done?
    Probably. I appreciate all efforts and recognize that the responsibility for deciding what is authoritative or not for my purpose is mine alone. I don't care too much about disputes that only Roger, Daniel, and "Lazard" and a handful of others are prepared to debate. If something is wrong in a caption, c'est la vie. Being "right" with Sheaffer seems to require the skill of seeing order in chaos, anyway. The only thing I really yearned for was a sense of the different scale of the different pens.
    Mike;

Radite flattops are fairly straight forward as they are full sized clip, short clip and ringtop. Diameters vary into four general classes with lengths being 5 1/4", and 4 1/2". Earlier BCHR has more trial and error but, the nib goes into the size code and things are real simple in 1913 as they had a fairly limited line. Balances have me hit the catalogs all of the time as there are many more colors and variations - maybe a fair amount of chaos as you point out.

In two weeks I'm going to start to put something together.

Roger W.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roger W. For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (March 18th, 2014), terim (March 19th, 2014)