Thread: Delta Unica ?

Thanks

Default Delta Unica ?

Has anybody seen this one in the real world already? The apparent simplicity is tempting me to modify my shopping-list.

here men from the pennet earth
    first set nib on the moon
    we came in peace for all penknid

PenChalet

Default Re: Delta Unica ?

I saw the pen last week. It looks like the Delta Serena if you have seen that pen. They are both made from the same material but the pens have a different shape. The Unica will also be less money, retailing for $95 on the fountain pen, $85 for a rollerball and $75 for the ballpoint. The pen should be available in a few weeks. Good looking pen!

Thanks

Thanks for the info. My local dealer put the pen on the site just last evening. I now need to decide on the color and find out if the nib is indeed the same as the Serena. If it is, I might need a fine, judging by Brian Goulet's review of the Serena. Maybe a reviewer has received it already?

Thanks

We saw them today and have a small number of them, should be available next week. Matching acrylic section and lighter weight than the Serena (due to the acrylic rather than metal section). Exact same nib as the Serena. All three colors are nice.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brian Anderson For This Useful Post:

erpe (May 27th, 2014), kaisnowbird (May 10th, 2014)

Thanks

Thanks, the nib question was my biggest concern. After watching Brian Goulet's video on the Serena, I decided for the fine but of course let me choose fron 6 colors, I will pick the one that is not in stock Anyway, there is no rush and Dennis always delivers within reasonable time.

Thanks

It's here now and I am pleasantly surprised, It is quite light but has enough volume for a very good grip, a combi that makes it perfect for long sessions. The (fine) nib is 'parkersmooth', that is, not glassy but rather gives a tiny bit of feedback that lets you feel the quality of the paper you are using. Searched a bit for a minus to balance my overall positive first impression but really the only thing I could come up with is that they could have included a converter. However, I had a Pelikan converter (€ 3.50) lying around that fits perfectly. Price paid was Euro 58 / USD 80 / GBP 47. Overall: 9/10 I would consider this pen a good entry in 'The world of Delta'
    Pics will follow when it stops raining ( I don't like flash, prefer natural northlight)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erpe For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 27th, 2014), Jeph (May 27th, 2014)

Land of OZ (Kansas), apjohnson1121@yahoo.com
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erpe View Post
    It's here now and I am pleasantly surprised, It is quite light but has enough volume for a very good grip, a combi that makes it perfect for long sessions. The (fine) nib is 'parkersmooth', that is, not glassy but rather gives a tiny bit of feedback that lets you feel the quality of the paper you are using. Searched a bit for a minus to balance my overall positive first impression but really the only thing I could come up with is that they could have included a converter. However, I had a Pelikan converter (€ 3.50) lying around that fits perfectly. Price paid was Euro 58 / USD 80 / GBP 47. Overall: 9/10 I would consider this pen a good entry in 'The world of Delta'
    Pics will follow when it stops raining ( I don't like flash, prefer natural northlight)
    Any chance of getting that pic? I am looking to pick up a 100$ +/- pen and this is on the short list. Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alec_J View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erpe View Post
    Any chance of getting that pic? I am looking to pick up a 100$ +/- pen and this is on the short list. Thank you!
    My apologies for creating a zombie thread. I did not check the date before I posted.
    But now that it is resurrected, any thoughts on this pen almost a year later?

Thanks

I have the Serena in Fine if that helps. From what I've seen and heard, its the same nib unit as on the Unica. It's a very wet writer, but is nice and smooth also. I like it, and would probably buy it again, especially at the price I got it for.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sgtstretch For This Useful Post:

Alec_J (February 10th, 2015)

Thanks

Sorry, I forgot all about the pics. I just tried a few but it turns out, this pen is ridiculously difficult to photograph. The material just swallows all the light you throw at it so they all come out black. Now it just became a challenge to do it properly ;-)
    Anyway. the pen is absolutely great, I have a fine nib which is very smooth but it is also quite wet so with some more liquid inks like Diamine, the resulting line width goes more to medium. I am currently deciding on my second Delta, shortlisted are the Journal, Italiana and Virtuosa. I don''t care much for the fusion nib to be honest, saves me about € 100 ;-)
    In the other hand I received an Edison two weeks ago and I think some more cash will flow to Mr. Gray.
    Too many pens out there...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to erpe For This Useful Post:

Alec_J (February 11th, 2015)

Thanks
    Cw

“Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    ― Mark Twain

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cwent2 For This Useful Post:

Alec_J (February 11th, 2015), Bogon07 (February 13th, 2015)

Thanks

Beautiful pen. I love this style of pen. Thank you all for responding.

Thanks

I've got the Blue with a medium nib, and its a fantastic pen for the money if you like wet nibs.

Tempted to collect the different colours as I enjoy it so much

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ste_S For This Useful Post:

Alec_J (February 13th, 2015)

Thanks

I was lucky enough to get one of the Orange Celluloid special editions of this pen from Goulet before they ran out of stock. I love the pen, and love the way the nib writes. It's nice a juicy, and very smooth. I would, however, caution folks to avoid any of the nibs with the matte finishes. The matte finish flakes off and the nib gets stained pretty easily by ink. If they sold the nibs separately, I'd swap out the matte-finish nib with a polished nib. As it is, I'll probably end up trying to polish the matte finish off the nib anyway, because it looks so bad. Despite that, though, this pen is a killer deal for $80 IMO.

Thanks

Finally found time to make some pics. I'm not sure this brown version has made it to the US.
    Attached Images Attached Images