Thread: Suggestion for a new sub-forum: PRS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Default Re: Suggestion for a new sub-forum: PRS

Quote Originally Posted by writingrav View Post
    A minority of one in a friendly forum disenfranchises someone who joined because he/she loves pens and may very legitimately not want to be distracted by conversations on subjects that person finds problematic. Folks this thread already proves the risks of going down this road. Can't people take their other interests other places?
    Am I to understand you to mean that everyone should stop talking about subjects that one person might find problematic? Wouldn't it be easier if that one person avoided the conversation?

I believe there are other fountain pen forums that focus only on pens (repair, history - technical knowledge over socializing), but I don't go there, because I am not interested in pens to that degree. I enjoy a variety of subjects. Maybe I'm the sole voice that should be heard and respected with regard to topics. Or maybe jar or or annie or jon or kia or manny or paul or.... I mean, which one of us should have this sole veto power?

As I said above, I enjoy discourse amongst pen people, as it tends to be civil, and pen people tend to be very knowledgeable about many subjects and courteous and patient. I prefer the well-rounded experience of this board in particular and would rather not join several other boards on several other topics, because... I like THESE people.

I find the Internet distracting, but I don't expect others to take the Internet away from me, because I can't control my attention. That's my responsibility.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ethernautrix For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (March 13th, 2014), Manny (March 13th, 2014), pengeezer (March 13th, 2014), raging.dragon (March 15th, 2014)