Thread: Oberon Large Journal Cover + Rhodia Webnotebook

Thanks

Default Oberon Large Journal Cover + Rhodia Webnotebook

I recently purchased my first set of fountain pens and so of course I also needed a fountain pen friendly notebook. I ended up with a Rhodia Webnotebook based on reviews I've seen. I also decided to get a cover for it and after looking through all the various options I decided to go back to a brand I've used before and can vouch for the quality. So I got an Oberon Design cover.

I originally ordered one of the Moleskine journal covers thinking it was the same size, but it turns out the spine of that cover is thinner/smaller which means any journal or filler that is thicker or wider than a Moleskine journal will not fit. I didn't find out until after the order had shipped. However, it ended up working out because Oberon allowed me to place another order for the large journal cover and I was able to get it in a color I thought was discontinued. It turns out they will be offering the chocolate color once again and they just happened to receive a shipment of the new color so I was able to place a custom color at no additional cost because of the mixup with Moleskin cover.

I've had an Oberon cover before and the fit and finish is impeccable. The leatherwork is of the highest quality and is best appreciated in person. It fits my Rhodia Webnotebook perfectly. I can open the notebook completely flat with no issues.

Here are some pictures for those interested in this cover/notebook combination. Enjoy.

Front cover

The full cover

Spine

Open flat

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maverick777 For This Useful Post:

Bisquitlips (March 25th, 2024), Bogon07 (May 20th, 2014), earthdawn (May 13th, 2014), jde (May 14th, 2014), Jeph (May 13th, 2014), klpeabody (May 13th, 2014), VertOlive (May 13th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: Oberon Large Journal Cover + Rhodia Webnotebook

Their standard journal cover fits a webbook???
    Tom
    @silverbreeze
    ---
    Forgive any ignorance on my part.
    Any stupidity is my brain not being malleable enough to understand
    ===
    Open to anyone writing me. Will do my best to reply quickly
    ====
    Tomasz S Suchecki
    77 Meadowpark Ave North
    Stamford CT 06905-2221
    United States of America

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbreeze View Post
    Their standard journal cover fits a webbook???
    Yes. The standard "large" journal cover fits perfectly.

http://oberondesign.com/journal-cove...-journals.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maverick777 For This Useful Post:

Silverbreeze (May 13th, 2014)

Thanks

These look lovely!!

Thanks

I have one of their covers that looks just like this, but in black. The Clairefontaine paperbound 14.8 x 21 cm notebooks fit fairly well inside. The Clairefontaine spine is just a bit thinner than the Oberon cover, but it's still not a bad fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

I have an Oberon cover for my Divine Office. It is just lovely, and so well made--sturdy as a saddle!--and there is a huge variety of designs to choose from.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

OH lovely!! Thanks for posting.
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton

Thanks

With a large leather fold out pen loop this would be almost perfect. I admit drooling when I saw your lovely cover. Thank you for posting the photos.
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    With a large leather fold out pen loop this would be almost perfect. I admit drooling when I saw your lovely cover. Thank you for posting the photos.
    You can have them add a pen loop for $5. I didn't add one since I'm using fountain pens that wouldn't fit.

Thanks

Thanks Maverick, don't you think if the loop was a wider loop of leather you could use it as a page marker or insert a pen while carrying the notebook. These loops won't accommodate a MB149 or M1000 Pelikan. I f
    Mags or Rob Maguire MB 149, 147, 146,144, Mozart, Boehme, Sailor Realo, Aurora Optima, Churchmen Prescriptor and Parson's Essential, Parker 51 1.3 mm stub, Parker Vacumatic 1939 OB Can, TWSBI's (540,580, Mini and Vac 700), Pelikan M 1000/800 Demonstrator 600/200 demoM/200 OBB, Visconti Rembrandts (2), Lamy, Cross, Watermans, Pilots, Sheaffer's, Omas 360 LE 84/360, GvFC, Esterbrooks J and SJ, Bexley Jitterbug, Taccia, Eversharp 1952 flex, Edison Herald, Franklin Christoph Piper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Thanks Maverick, don't you think if the loop was a wider loop of leather you could use it as a page marker or insert a pen while carrying the notebook. These loops won't accommodate a MB149 or M1000 Pelikan. I f
    Yes. I didn't think to ask if they could just make the loop wider. That's something they might be able to accommodate. As for a page marker, I had them add the Moleskine elastic band to mine since I was ordering a customized version anyways.

Thanks

While the Rice Purity Test can be an enjoyable activity, it is essential to approach it with a sense of humor and respect for others' experiences. It is not meant to shame or judge anyone but rather to foster open conversations and promote self-awareness. Get more information rice purity test good score