Thread: I have done this elsewhere but would explain my past actions here

Thanks

Default I have done this elsewhere but would explain my past actions here

For the longest time I was a happy little pen collector trying to learn from others and present my learnings while going through a good number of inks and pens and paper for around 20 some years. But then I sort of had a major thing happen to me being Hurrican Katrina. My house was damaged but not destroyed but the people I worked with about half had their houses and belongings taken out to sea by the storm surge. I went back down 2 weeks after evacuating to find checkpoints with M16 toting military handing out water, ice and Mrs as there were no stores open. The bridge to the city looked like domino's knocked around and I had to drive by and around a dozen or so coffins then a fishing boat sticking out of a house. This went on for weeks as my office e had a 3 foot mud line that needed to be cleaned and bleached before using it. I know a half dozen people that waited out the storm and ended up in refrigerated trailers waiting for next of kin to identify the body.
    I thought that I was handling it well but I fact not really, my one lifeline to a normal life was a pen collecting website but my mind was in shock still so I was taking comments and posts in what I thought was a reasonable way but was in fact a hair trigger. So the powers there stripped me of my authority which drove me deeper into depression and then a particular member who became a power there made it their goal to bait me to the point I was banned (this person was also removed later). But it did not help me. My family pushed me to get help for this as suicidal thoughts are nothing to play with.

After 5 years I hope I can say that If not cured I am able to work through it one day at a time.

So to anyone that I was mean to or maybe was excessive In my postings please forgive me, the best I can say was that I was not in my right mind and do regret my past actions. There is nothing I can do to fix what has happened but continue o my path to be a better person. I had wished that the other site had had some compassion and talked to me rather than a Friday evening PM saying I was done. I can only hope that other people treat them better than they dealt with me.

K
    Be Here Now

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Titivillus For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Crazyorange (April 6th, 2014), cwent2 (March 21st, 2014), Flounder (March 20th, 2014), Frank (March 19th, 2014), jar (April 8th, 2014), Jon Szanto (April 6th, 2014), kaisnowbird (March 21st, 2014), Manny (March 19th, 2014), Pendragon (March 21st, 2014), Pens&Lit (March 19th, 2014), Potter (March 20th, 2014), Sailor Kenshin (March 30th, 2014), Scrawler (April 2nd, 2014), Sketchy (April 7th, 2014), Tony Rex (March 19th, 2014), VertOlive (March 19th, 2014)

Thanks

Default Re: I have done this elsewhere but would explain my past actions here

Having started as a member in the other pen community back in `08,I remember the issues that were
    going on and how they handled them then--like they do now,but with more enforcement today. Topics that "could" start flame wars
    gradually died away or were taken away in the guise of "maintenance". The hand is heavier there now.
    I was never hurt by anything that you said there;rather I found you to be someone that I could carry
    on an intelligent conversation with.

John

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 1,647 Posts

No worries, my friend. I have always enjoyed your posts and often wished we'd hear more from you.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Senior Member spotted and speckled's Avatar
    Thanks

You are loved and accepted. No worries! Your words were always appreciated.
    Much Love--

--Virginia

Thanks

Welcome back to life.

Thanks

It's good to see you here Kurt!

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titivillus View Post
    I thought that I was handling it well but I fact not really, my one lifeline to a normal life was a pen collecting website but my mind was in shock still so I was taking comments and posts in what I thought was a reasonable way but was in fact a hair trigger.
    You could have fooled me. I never realized that you had been through such a traumatic event. You were one of the better things about that pen collecting website, and one of the most positive and beneficial presences there. You stood up for the little guys at a time when others in power were stepping on them. Your posts and commentary seemed entirely reasonable to me, and not at all hair trigger responses. Of course, that is in my humble opinion, but I think many others felt the same way.

I am glad you are here!

So the powers there stripped me of my authority which drove me deeper into depression and then a particular member who became a power there made it their goal to bait me to the point I was banned (this person was also removed later).
    Their banning you sure seemed to piss off a lot of people. That course of action was quite counterproductive and unnecessary.

Again, it is good to see you here. It is a fine place to be!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,739 Posts

T, I never went through anything like that, but I know that after Sandy I was not myself. It took months to get back to 'normal' and I'm not there yet.

People may forget what going through stuff does to people.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Kenshin View Post
    People may forget what going through stuff does to people.
    Truer words, and all. Going through stuff means you never 'go back' to normal, you just create a new normal. It's very much a re-invention.

Titivilus, I don't know what happened on the Other Place, it sounds like it was before my time, but I'm still SO sorry for what you went through. That poor area of the world has been kicked again and again, Katrina in '05, then that oil spill in '10 affecting some of the same area...what a living nightmare

Thanks

You'll enjoy it here, it's open , friendly and well run. If you decide to do any more over at the FPB I'll certainly look forward to it, I'm sure the past can be left where it belongs.

All the best for the future,
    Hugh

Thanks

I noted your sudden disappearance, good to have you back.

Any idea what might have happened to member Zeiss Ikon?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 4,019 Posts

What is past is past. I hope you have a bright future, and certainly hope you enjoy your time here on FPG and become involved. People with good hearts like yourself are what makes a community strong.

Welcome.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 837 Posts

Welcome. My good friend lived through Katrina and then sandy. It was extremely hard for her and family. You have my wishes for a continued path of healing.

Thanks

Kurt- it is great that you have overcome your demons and are back again participating on this and other pen forums!!!! I rememberyou well from your many posts on Pentrace and then on FPN. I wondered where you were, and now, it is great toosee you active again.
    BTW, how old is your baby boy now? I remember how happy you were when he was born, and the pictures you had posted.
    Welcome back, my friend!!!!

gregamckinney

Glad to see you back in penville.
    I can relate to the difficulty of the struggles with mental issues, and congratulate you for having the strength to move forward.
    Best Regards, greg